main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what do you know about Kessel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by TrooperTk602, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    I need some help here guys. I'm doing a background story for my enlisment into the 501st and need some info on the planet kessel. Such as, Is it an Imperial prison planet? I know they harvest spice there but what else is there? If not Kessel where did the Imperials house political\rebel prisoners ?
    I was hoping you rpg guys would have some info from the books. I dont know where else to start. Thanks

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Read the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson and you will find out all you need to know about Kessel.

Book 1 Jedi Search
    Book 2 Dark Apprentice
    Book 3 Champions of the Force

3. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    This is fairly vague, since it's a long time since I read the books...

They mine Glitterstim on Kessel. It is a spice that goes active when exposed to light, it then gives whosoever consumes it a rush and some telepathic abilities for a short time.

As such it must be mined in complete darkness, so the slaves are sent into the mines with IR goggles (1 per 2 slaves) to mine the stuff.

It appears that Glitterstim may be the waste product of some kind of crystaline spider beastie, which sucks heat out of anyone it attacks.

The planet is next to a cluster of Black Holes called the Maw, it is faster, but more dangerous, to go close to the maw on the infamous Kessel run. This is why it is amazing that the Falcon did it under 12 parsecs.

The facility is run by the Imperials at the moment, but smugglers deal with corrupt officers to make massive profits from smuggling glitterstim out.

The planet has a very thin atmosphere, thus making it very dangerous for anyone to try and escape over the surface of the world.

4. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Now THATS the info I was looking for.

Go read the books...who are you, Woodsey the Owl?

I'm in the middle of the second Harry Potter. Dont tell me I need to read a whole trilogy for scraps of info.
    Thanks JediB

5. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    The Rebellion Era Sourcebook has a couple of pages on Kessel, the Maw, and that kinda stuff. The whole sourcebook is pretty nifty, too.

6. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    You are only in 2! :eek: All I know is tht Han was enslaved there. I frogot the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.