main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Do You Know About My Anagram Generator? (Waste Of Time 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by poor yorick, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    I think he's just trying to get voted out now...

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Well, he's certainly not going to get away with that, now is he?

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not trying to get voted out, I'm just saying it as I see it. Take it 'under advisement' if you like, but the mod's heavy involvement defeats the object of the game and is putting me off.

4. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I agree with you in factuality for adherence to the game integrity, but don't dislike their posting on a personal level.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    This post made me feel a worthwhile citizen.

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay, no worries. I've got more than enough to to over in YJCC.

I was just thinking it was going to get real quiet in here real quick, and that the time difference will make it worse. We do need to get down to one player by 8/24.

I will never complain about being asked to do less work on a project, though. :)

7. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    Dave: "Narc Jet Whiz Hos"

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm well aware you have more than enough to do in the JCC, and I'm certainly not disputing your good intentions, in addition to your kind attendence to the game in epic's absence. I'm not trying to make you feel bad for trying to help out either, I just think the approach of yourself and Pulsar has slightly missed the point. I note that the reaction to my opinion hasn't been very positive, and I am only one player. If the majority think I'm being foolish and would rather things proceed as they are, then so be it. I suppose it boils down to one's approach to the game. I was very prepared, should I make the latter stages as I have - for posting to be reduced to a crawl. I didn't mind. I knew the format when I signed up. I feel the mechanics of the game have been ignored. I don't necessarily think they should come as a secondary concern to the forum becoming a exclusive social club. I've always thought that.

Participation - work - on the project is still very much required, but I was under the impression involved posting as if you were a player (essentially) was not the place of those running the game. I don't think such posting counts as 'work on the project'.

9. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    My thoughts are those of CHRIS', Chris.

Whilst I agree with you with regard to how the game was intended to be played, in terms of the letter of the law, I find that I am really not bothered now that we come to this stage of the game. Plus, a fair bit of how things have gone down is not how I expected them to be anyway.

I'm just rolling with it all, to be honest. I mean, I didn't expect there to be tasks in the last week, that would put people up for eviction, I just figured that we would all be nominating in the last week, and that once a couple more of us were gone, the JCC would then get a couple of straight eviction 'nights', without noms, before the last two faced off. But I was wrong about that.

I'm still having fun though. :)

And you aren't REALLY deeply unpopular with me.
    That post should have had a face_tongue attached to it. :p

-JR :)

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Well yeah, plenty of things have happened that I didn't expect... but I reasoned the absolute last of those would be to throw away of the basic idea of knocking the forum down to the bare minimum of users. I suppose you could say that the loss of epic happened at the worst possible time. ophelia and Pulsar only wanted to help, and launched head first into their task. I'm sure the effect would've been far less noticable if epic had left earlier on in the game.

Nobody has annoyed me, as all that's happened is everyone is doing their best for everyone else, and I still [:D] everyone in the forum. I'm just, I suppose, a little more concerned with the application of the rules - strict function of the game - than everyone else.

There's always one, huh? ;)

11. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    AND IT WOULD HAVE TO BE YOU, WOULDN'T IT?!?!
    WOULDN'T IT?!?!?!

:p

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm sorry. :(

*smites self*

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    FWIW, I still agree with Chris. //follower

14. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I'm taking away your Everton fannypack, and keeping it until recess is over. Maybe that will learn ya! :p, ;)

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    You think I only have one Everton fannypack? I have many!

Pfft. You stand little chance against my Everton fannypacks.

16. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Curses!!!!

Foiled again! :(

17. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    If you tickle him, Juli, I'll quickly run to Gloucester and steal the other ones while Chris is suitably giggly...

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    *dims the lights*

19. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    **packs torch**

20. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Wow! A debate!! Yay!!

Ok. Seriously. The reality of the Atlantic Ocean cannot be ignored. No one wants to watch me sit in the house by myself and talk about nothing.

This game feeds off interaction. The social aspect of the forum is, in my mind, part of the game. Quite frankly, there's nothing interesting about watching an individual hang around by himself in the forum. What does that mean? Basically, at around 8-10 p.m. London time, (incidentally, about the time that I happen to be able to post for a few hours), I usually end up being the only one here for long stretches of time. Now you guys might want to say "cry me a river, Brian, you know what you signed up for!" and I wouldn't blame you.

But this game has not played out like I expected at all. With the mix of Europeans and Americans, I suspected that there would be activity at pretty much all times. I believe that this was epic's intention all along. That simply didn't work out. Instead, what we have is series-posting, where we post a lot in short stretches. It?s great when all of us are around at the same time because we get to interact. The problem is that this only happens during the US day-time, which tends to have a fairly small audience.

I manage to get more posts in because I'll wait up or get up early to find you guys online in the hopes of some interaction. I enjoy talking to you guys and learning more about you. I want this game to not only be fun for us, but interesting to people in the JCC. But there are HUGE stretches where it's just me. And you know what? That sucks. Imagine if it were just me and Everton in the house at the end, for example. I'd post and then 8 hrs later, we'd have a response. Who's gonna watch that?

At the end of the day, to me, it's about ratings, people. Integrity of the game is important, but if a BB game is played right and no one is there to watch it, does it really matter? Ophelia and Pulsies interaction helps spur the board during dead times and, to me, that at least gives something for people to pay attention to. Yes, I?m being incredibly selfish, but I don?t have a JR to play off, so there. :p

Before anybody starts changing posting habits, I'd suggest we put it to a vote. (POLL IDEA!! [face_idea])

Anyway, there's my two cents. :p

21. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I think we should go another month, before declaring the winner. :)

22. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Umm...no! I'd go nuts! Unless you're planning to hang out here and talk to me every night! :p

23. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I think that would be a fine experiment.
    We could bet how long it would take him to go nuts.

24. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    If he can handle being on a sub for months at a time, I'm sure he could handle an extended stay in the BB house. :p

25. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    When I said, 'take it under advisement', I actually meant it. I forget that sometimes I'm not taken seriously.

As much as I enjoy frater-and-sorotising with you peoples, I decided to pull back on the whole posting-up-a-storm thing because your point was a valid one, oh Fannypack the Younger.

I think the novelty of communicating directly with you guys almost drove me to a squeegasm :p

But yes, from now on, unless something completely awesome catches my attention (like when I'm playing Carol King covers) I'll hang in the background, smoking bummed cigarettes and drinking something delightfully amber-coloured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.