main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Do You Know About My Anagram Generator? (Waste Of Time 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by poor yorick, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The essential difference between the JC's interpretation of of Big Brother and the televised game is that IRL everyone (right down to the last few) remains in the same place, always able to communicate. On the JC, as you say, time zones play a big part. We can easily find ourselves e-isolated. However IRL, the players' world consists of nothing beyond the boundaries of the house. The house and each other is all they have. You and me, we're not in that situation. We can cut out of the JC at any time we like, and return to real life. Thus I don't find myself concerned about dwindling numbers reducing my chances of e-interaction. This 'endgame' only lasts a week or so - which is barely any time at all. The game has worked very well up to this point, but now we disagree about what constitutes 'working well'. For me, it's allegiance to the basic structure of the game, for you it's maintaining as best one can the level of interaction required to make it entertaining. Strange bedfellows. :p I don't think level of entertainment is the paramount concern, particularly given the fact that we're not being broadcast 'coast-to-coast'. I think that when we're done, the most important thing will be that we pulled through it ups and downs and all.

EDIT: And I should add, just to contribute to Pulsie's post above, I worry that people are getting slightly the wrong idea. I don't want ophelia and Pulsie to stop posting completely outside of their official capacity - as epic always put in a quarter here and there - I just thought they'd gone a little overboard in their enthusiasm.

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I contemplated arguing the point further, but I don't see the point. Ophelia and Pulsie have already pulled back and they're both quite busy making sure the christian thread in the JCC doesn't blow up (did it blow up while I was sleeping?). Anyway, I happen to agree that we shouldn't get taken over in a rash of posting from the hostesses. I was just afraid that, by making your complaint, they'd both just disappear into the background.

There has to be some happy medium between players 4-5 hrs between posts and posts every 15 seconds between players and hosts. Anyway, enough about that. Let's get back to anagram generation, shall we?

This one makes me grin:

Jones is a chart whiz!

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Debate you were after? ;)

4. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah... [face_blush]

It's been a while. :p

5. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Mass Debate?

//obligatory

-JR :)

6. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    [face_laugh] I have to admit that I didn't even think of that one! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.