main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what do you know about Romania?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by sergiurusu, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergiurusu

sergiurusu Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2001
    What do you know about Romania?

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    my uncle is Romanian. More I do not know.

3. Riff-Raff

Riff-Raff Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2002
    Steaua Bucarest?
    Georghe Hagi?
    mmm.....not much!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    One of my teachers came from Romania - as far as I know. ;)

And they are good at the Olympic Games, but never had the Olympic Games. Or do I mix something up? ?[face_plain]

5. sergiurusu

May 30, 2001
    For the beginning see some of these sites :)

http://www.romania.com/

http://www.virtualarad.net/city/va_picture_gallery_1.htm (Arad is my town)

http://www.arad-romania.com/

www.arad.ro

www.virtualarad.net

http://www.turism.ro/

6. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Romania... not too much :( but I´m sure it´s a great country :D ;)

Thanks!

7. Alassea

Alassea Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2003
    Actually I'm ashamed to admit I don't no too much. [face_blush]
    So, what should people know about Romania?

8. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    A good friend of mine comes from Romania.

To be exact : From Siebenbürgen.

He once gave me this link :

www.sibiweb.de

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    What do you know about Romania?

You have a nice buildings in Bucarest. Dracula is also known. Cold Mountain was filming this year in Romania.

Are there still plans to build Dracula Theme Park???

10. sergiurusu

May 30, 2001
    Don't know about the Dracula Park. They wanted to build it but it got stuck somehow

11. Luck

Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    I'm sorry but i don't know enything about Romania. Maybe it's becouse I'm lousy at geography.

12. Damarcus

Damarcus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Your country is placed near black sea, main river is Dunaj, main mountain chain are Eastern and South Karpats your Capitol is Bucaresht ??
    Only region that i Know is Transsylvania because of Dracula.
    Oh and I know name of your communistic Dictator Czaushesku ?? Right ??
    This is all i know.

All the best Romania is Slavic Country co come to slavic Board :D

13. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Part of it used to be in Austria-Hungary, it's in Eastern Europe above Bulgaria and southeast of Ukraine. It used to be a communist nation. It also is one of the many nations that supported the War on Iraq. Also the "War Between the States" movie, "Cold Mountain" was filmed there.

14. SITH-ASSAULT-73

SITH-ASSAULT-73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2003
    I know it is a verry poor country and there are a lot of people living in sewers!!! And you have verry pretty girls!!

15. sergiurusu

May 30, 2001
    pretty girls indeed :)

16. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I know very little, everyting i know is that it is a low life condition country so much that there are many romenia ppl that came here to Portugal (that isn't very high condition also when compared to other european countries, i must say. Weak sallary). They are in 4th place in portugal imigrants nacionality. (preceded by 1º brasilians, 2º Ucranians, 3º Moldavians) But i don't know any romenian personally, neither trough friends or workplace.

17. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    actually I don't know a lot... saw a couple pictures. and the capathians look really pretty (mudvolcanoes! caves!)! I am excited to got there in August. I'll go to Romania for a field trip with university. Since Hamburg an Bukarest are partner universities we'll meet some romanian geology students. I'm really looking forward to that!

18. krom

krom Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2004
    http://www.jedi.ro - THE ROMANIAN STAR WARS COMMUNITY

WWW.JEDI.RO WWW.JEDI.RO WWW.JEDI.RO WWW.JEDI.RO

19. sergiurusu

May 30, 2001
    Finally a Romanian SW forums. I'm a member of foreign forums as thejawa or rebelscum since February 2001.

20. ArwenSolo

ArwenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    About Romania? Only that is a country from where many workers came to my country.

21. Naughtyjedi

Naughtyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Nice place. Spent 4 years visiting it (or a month in total actually living there) working on a USA funded (they are nice people in the US, really!!) project to help street children (mostly Roma gypsies).

People are fantastic and the girls, when attractive, are extremely attractive. Teeth can be a bit iffy at times.

Was there when Romania beat England in World Cup 98 and again in Euro 2000 when England were again beaten by Romania. Ive never seen such celebrations. Mad as fish, all of them.

Country side is nice, if unkempt and in the central part you often see a sports car overtaking a horse & cart.

And can I just say FRUTTI FRESH!!!

22. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    hey there, romanians: could you please tell me something about your traditional food? I am a vegetarian and sometimes it is pretty hard to get any vegetarian food in restaurants in some countries. how about in romania? are there a lot of vegetarians? thanks :)

23. Naughtyjedi

Naughtyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Its getting better, but the last time I went Vegetarian menu still included meat.

ie you ask for a Salad, meat is included. SO you have to tell the waiter that you want no meat in your salad.

One of the best specialities is cabbage rolls. Which is sort of minced pork wrapped in cabbage and boiled. Sounds horrible, smells horrible but tastes great and keeps Romanians warm during their harsh winter months.

Largely the Vegetarian approach isnt understood. Its like getting into an argument on evolution or indeed dinosaurs. Facinating.

Sankt Pauli?? "Come on you boys in Brown, come on you boys in brown, come on you boys, come on you boys in brown"

24. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    well, thanks for the info. i am not sure how we will handle the food part on our excursion. it depends on how the Uni of Bucaresti (sp?) is planning our trip. if we stay in hotels/hostels etc. we'll probably eat there at night. if we stay in Uni dorms, schools etc we'll probably stop at stores to get our own stuff... either way, I guess I will get a lot of canned food and other things that stay eatable for a long time (instant soups), once I get the chance to go to a store. that way I'll have things to eat if there are no veggi things around in a rerstaurant.

why is there a discussion about vegetarianism and dinosaurs?!?

--> "Come on you boys in Brown, come on you boys in brown, come on you boys, come on you boys in brown"

Exactly :D tomorrow is this season' s last home match.

"Que sera, sera
    What ever will be will be
    The Champions of Germany
    FC ST. PAULI..." ;)

25. sergiurusu

May 30, 2001
    if you ask for vegetarian food you'll get it. At least in my city Arad. Don't worry: Romania is not Mars, you don;t have to go with food rations like SEALS. Our traditional food is very good. If you know what to ask for. Of course there are lots of people who eat meat, remeber we came from the RED era just a few years ago. In those times you ate what you had.

But you'll be surprised about a few thing concerning Romania: the people are very warm, the girls are the MOST beautiful, and many other nice things. Of course there are bad things but let's be honest even USA has their homeless and they are many more than in Romania. But who talks about them, when it's easier to talk about a neighbor than about yourself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.