main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you know about the Corporate Sector?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Veng_Commando, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I know a little, and its all from the old Han Solo books

The Corporate Sector is a group of Systems that binded together to gain power and riches. Its location near the Core makes it in or near most used trade routes through the galaxy, so Merchants stop here to rest, sell wares, buy new wares, and be off. Taxing such trade and such made The Corperate Sector even richer.

For unknown reasons, the Empire left the Corporate Sector alone for the stay of his reign. That in itself is an example of the power the Corporate Sectore had. It had a duty to track down smugglers, slave traders, and any other beyond-the-law man they could find.

Anything else? I wanna start an RPG so ther'll be another side to the whole "War of the Galaxies" thing

2. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Try to get the old RPG-sourcebook "Han Solo and the Corporate Sector". It has lots of infos about it.

Kam

3. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Veng I've sent a PM to concerning War of the Galaxies, I would welcome to the RP as much as anyone else and I'll be glad to help you in your research.

The following data is from CUSWE:

"Corporate Sector
    this area of the galaxy originally was set aside by the Old Republic for corporations to use for mining raw materials. It was created after the experiment at corporate control in the Expansion Region failed. Several hundred systems - all devoid of intelligent life - made up the original Expansion Region Corporate Sector, and corporations could purchase the use of entire systems under the watchful eye of the Republic. Huge corporations began moving into the area, hoping to acquire a piece of the huge profits it was generating. The corporate executives were bound by the Old Republic's Senate until Emperor Palpatine rose to power. Under the New Order, executives convinced the Emperor to expand the Corporate Sector to include nearly 30,000 star systems. Eleven new intelligent species were discovered, but their existence was kept secret by the power-hungry corporations. The executives agreed to pay Palpatine a percentage of their corporate profits if he would allow them to manage the sector by themselves, to which Palpatine agreed. Thus was born the Corporate Sector Authority and the CSA Security Police force. The current Corporate Sector is bordered by the Aparo and Wyl Sectors. "

"Corporate Sector Authority
    a conglomerate chartered to exploit the natural resources of the worlds in what would later be called the Corporate Sector. Before the Authority was first set up, the Old Republic set aside a group of systems in the Expansion Region for and experiment in corporate control. The profits were enormous, but the internal corporate chafing at Republic regulations led to mismanagement and abuse of the planets and their inhabitants. The various worlds encompassed by the experiment began to experience civil revolts at the corporational misuse, and the Old Republic ordered the Senate to take control of the Sector. In order to placate the corporations who balked at the new control mechanisms, the Old Republic created the Corporate Sector and the Corporate Sector Authority. The Authority was made up of several Signatory Sponsors, Contributing Sponsors, Additional Voting Sponsors, and Non-voting Contributing Sponsors. Each of the fifty-five voting sponsors was allowed to elect one delegate to the Authority's Direx Board. The Direx Board was overseen by the ExO, an Authority figure chosen from outside the ranks of the voting sponsors. The Authority, at this point, had control of several star systems that were devoid of life. When Emperor Palpatine instituted the New Order, the corporate executives petitioned him to allow them direct control over sector resources. Palpatine agreed, in return for a portion of their corporate profits. In theory, the Corporate Sector Authority then owned everything in the Corporate Sector, and was in charge of mining it, guarding it, and using it. The Authority often used slave labor or other forced-labor to obtain the materials from their sources. They even set up a number of scams in which entire races were duped into coming to the Sector for vast fortunes, only to be permanently indentured to the Authority."

I hope this helps. :)

4. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    thank you

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think its because of bad buissiness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.