main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what do you like most?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by METZ, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    I know we are all star wars fans, but I was just wondering, what is it about the EU you like the most? what is it that keeps you reading? is it just for a love of SW or something else?

2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    The Jedi Knights.

I enjoy it when they are talking about or looking for Jedi history.
    I also like it when they have their nice big meetings.
    It's great.

3. Zyra

Zyra Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    I love the characters and I love reading about their continuing story. Honestly I don't care to read about space battles, it's the emotion and drama that gets it for me. Though the action/suspense in SbS was fantastic and I consider that to be one of my favorite EU books.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Its this universial struggle of good and evil man. also i really like the characters and aliens and mysteries, and battles and lots of other stuff.

5. Sjorensly

Sjorensly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    It's the fact that the story keeps going on...so you never know what can happen...

*takes a moment to remeber Chewie and all the rest good guy that are not with us*

6. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I would have to say the characters. The old, the new and their evolving personalities and inner struggles in the face of one conflict after another.

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I like all the babes. [face_plain]

T'was a joke.

8. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Chissdude, the other stuff wouldn't happen to be the Chiss by any chance?

9. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I like... milk.

10. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm with Chissdude10.

11. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    What part of a peice of art like the works of Da Vinci, Michealangelo, Rembrandt, Monet, or Stan Lee do you like...It's the whole package it's the color the positioning the shapes, and the way they all combine to form a masterpeice.

What part of Star Wars do I like...the whole package, the combinations of characters, story, history, good and evil, mystery, action, comedy, eye candy, drama, and suspense all rolled up into an a very engaging experience for me. Star wars has and always will be an artistic masterpiece without need of disection or analysis...just enjoy it as it comes to you.

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    The Jedi Knights, the smugglers, and Anakin Solo.

13. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm with I-Poodoo, it's the overall that makes Star Wars so great.

Also, the fact that you can make something like the EU after the movies are made and have people, like me, read them just because of how much they loved the movies and the idea of it.

Also, I think that something like STAR WARS connects people from all around the world into a united community, something that nothing else on the planet can do

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The fans

15. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I go along with I-Poodoo, palpatineson and Mastadge. They said it best.

16. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Simply put: Everything! Bits and pieces of things come together in a way that makes the EU worthwhile. I especially love the characters, struggle between good vs. evil, and the Anakins. Both Anakins. But especially Anakin Solo. I really hope he comes back -.-

17. MAZARON

MAZARON Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    What do I like most about the EU? I don't think I could pick one thing. A top five maybe:
    1. Continuity. If you read about something or if somethign happens in one book, it is not forgotten in later (or earlier) books that are published after that. Hard sometimes to get into a story and then realize at the end, "well, we'll never see X race or Y technology or Z character again." Not in EU; they appear again. It really rewards the reader, and makes the universe richer, giving it a sense of depth and history. You never know who will pop up.
    2. Development of ideas. Ideas, places, creatures, races that are throwaway lines or background filler in the movies or even some of the other novels get richly developed. We know a lot more about the Hutts, the Duros, the Mon Calimari, Coruscant, the Bothans and many other things thanks to the novels.
    3. Richness. Nothing matches the richness and diversity of the EU universe. While there are some science fiction series that are better written, nothing matches the diversity of the EU series. The variety of races, the variety of worlds, the rich history, the dizzyiny array of ships, the cast of thousands.
    4. The Jedi. Really fleshed out, the books conintually explore what it is to be a Jedi, what the Force is, and what everyone's place is in it.
    5. And my favorite individual things from the various EU novels: Thrawn, Coruscant as shown in the X-Wing novels, Interdictor cruisers, the Chiss, the Yuuzhan Vong, the Bothans, Corran Horn, the Noghri, Kashyyk, Mon Calimari, the Hapan Battle Dragons, the Yevethans, the Ssi-Ruuk, Mara Jade, and the Corporate Sector.

18. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Kyp Durron. ;)

19. Funky_Naked_Jawa

Funky_Naked_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2001
    I like the back stories on established characters. Especially the ones where they take a really obscure alien (who at one point only had a fake name like Walrus Man or Hammer Head) and give him this rich back ground and origin story.

I think that's why I prefer the stuff that takes place before or between the movies, moreso than the stuff that comes after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.