What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by quigon_brian, Jun 21, 2004.

?

What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2004.
***** 2 vote(s) 13.3%
**** 7 vote(s) 46.7%
*** 5 vote(s) 33.3%
** 1 vote(s) 6.7%
* 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
  2. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www2.truman.edu/~bss279/trilogydvd_saleskit02.jpg]
    ***** = highest
    * = lowest
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Why can't they leave well enough alone? I miss the old packaging, the ones before any of this re-release stuff. They looked like the original posters.
  4. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I like it, but after all, they're only movies.
  5. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Ehh, they're pretty, but this is the OT. Should have the classic artwork. Not this new "Let's mimic Crapisode I & II" junk.
  6. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
  7. SteelLepp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I like em....I love the old style too. But, its not like I'm gonna look at the DVD covers all that much anyways (except for the spines...lol)
  8. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I like them, it brings a sense of continuity with the new ones.
  9. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Chiss, it goes with the prequel covers nicely. And the box definitely has the OT look to it. So depending on how you want to shelf 'em, you could go for new or old look.

I'll give it a ****.
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    The more I look at it, the more those lens flares on the sabers bug the hell out of me.
  11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I've seen better, I've seen worse. It's something new, definitely. I just wish they put the regular movie posters on the covers, like the LOTR Trilogy did.
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    So what'd everyone else rate the packages? I gave them **
  13. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just so you know, the question confused me.. it seemed a very odd question to ask about DVD cases.. then I realized you meant SW cases :p

I gave them a ***

am kinda indifferent. They're nice, but I kinda would have preferred a more.. SW classic look (I hope that makes since)
  14. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I love 'em. Maybe that's because I'm not as much a purists as you all, but I think they match well with the other dvd cases.
  15. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I wish everything would be more like the original trilogy. (That includes the new movies.)
  16. yodaboy Force Ghost

star 5
    whine whine whine, complain complain, is that all i hear?? why can't everything be like it ussssssed to be!!! well ya know what? things change! times change, so shut ya yaps!
    :D I gave them a ***** I like them
  17. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    "The times they are a-changing..."
  18. kancerman Jedi Knight

star 1
    well, I answered the poll without seeing the pictures ... and so seeing them ... I give them a resounding 5! love the truly evil, rattish, look of Vader on the bonus disc, esp.
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I miss the OLD covers. I'm not fond of change of this sort. Especially after hearing what they've done to the movies. Again.

Hayden has now replaces Shaw in RotJ. I've seen screen shots. God I hope I'm wrong on this one.
  20. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    You're right, the change is real. There's many other changes as well, Ian is the Emperor in ESB now, Morrison does Boba's voice in ESB, and many more.
  21. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    You know...as far as change goes...have ya noticed that the 80's are back in? It's too bad my jeans with the rainbow belt don't fit anymore. Maybe I could find my old Atari t-shirt.
    The Original Trilogy was the coolest thing that happened in that time period so it's too bad the old SW poster art hasn't come back "in".
  22. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Hayden only replaces Shaw during the celebration scene.

The Anakin change is REALLY important, Dajuan.

This is from MF.com...here's what Lucas says on the commentary...

"Later on, as we get to the end of the movie, as he joins the Force, he is able to retain his original identity. It is because of Obi-Wan and Yoda, who learned how to do that, join the Force and retain your identity -- but it was his identity as he was when he died as Anakin Skywalker."

So he died young. Which is why he appears not as a forty or fifty year old man anymore....besides, once people who see the films in order for the first time won't even recognize shaw, they'd be like "Who the hell is that guy? I don't recall Anakin looking like that.." Unless, ofcourse, you'd rather see Anakin fight in the big duel as a forty or fifty year old man.

So it makes sense, if ya think about it. This is really the only main change, but just be glad it doesn't affect the story or anything....
  23. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Shaw still appears when Luke takes off Vader's mask. It's just his ghost that's Hayden. Still...it sucks. It's like messing with the Bible.
  24. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I don't care how it makes sense. I hate them changing stuff. I'm still with Diva on this one, it's like changing the Bible. Leave my Star Wars ALONE!!!!
  25. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    If I see this crap come up on the official site that they changed it.... I'm not buying the DVDs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.