What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by quigon_brian, Jun 21, 2004.

?

What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2004.
***** 2 vote(s) 13.3%
**** 7 vote(s) 46.7%
*** 5 vote(s) 33.3%
** 1 vote(s) 6.7%
* 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed, I think the OTC packaging is awesome.
  2. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Umm...sorry for asking, but what's OTC? :p
  3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Original Trilogy Collection = OTC

That packaging is really good! :D
  4. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Doesn't matter, as I put my figures on a shelf opened anyway. I think it looks good myself.
  5. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    For the most part I do to, but there are a few exceptions. My Jorg Sacul, vintage Bespin Leia, the VOTC, and a couple others I'm just too lazy to open lately. My little armies look pretty cool spread among my books.
  6. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    just out of curiosity, how do you dust all those figurines? It takes me an hour just to dust my room and I don't have any of that stuff.

I think if I had to do all that work, I'd just crawl in a ball in the corner.
  7. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I also hate the bullet-shaped Lava package. The OTC and VOTC packaging is nice, but it'd be better to have some new figures. Also I can't bring myself to spend the $9.99 on the VOTC figures (at least not the Han, Leia & Kenobi ones, might change my mind when, & if, the Dark Side figures ever make it down here). Then again only about one store in my area gets the VOTC (never have seen the OTC figs in a store yet). Blasted retailers overstock on the first wave and never order the follow-up waves. I do like that the VOTC comes in the star-case (don't have to worry about shipping & stockers damaging the card), but the price is over-inflated. I may be a SW sucker, but I'm not the big of a sucker (especially with all the conventions coming up).

On the flip side, can't believe all of the people here who OPEN their figures (what do you think these are, toys??? :p ). I'm saving them for a retirement invest, but whenever I find clearance figures I at least get the joy of opening them.
  8. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Brian that's why I have my 550+ guys still in their little plastic "homes".

I've got maybe 100 opened but they're all packed in a few shoe boxes right now. Construction on the "Shoey's Star Wars Spectacular" Room has not yet started. I may get it underway this winter, we'll see.

9. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I had kept mine in the cases until I realized that they probably made a ton of each of the toys so it wouldn't be like they were that rare. That, and a friend kept bugging me to open them. :p

Anyone else get the Star Wars Unleashed figures? I keep meaning to because those look awesome.
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Dajuan has them. Damn they're cool.
  11. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I buy those too, and open them. They look really nice displayed!

I'm missing a few of them though.
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have them ALL, they rule!
  13. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I buy the Unleashed that I think are cool, but all of mine have been opened. No blister paks for the unleashed. Only problem is that my Vader & Luke (X-Wing) keep trying to lean to their lefts. Not sure if its a flaw or I don't keep it cool enough on my second floor. The other Unleashed stand up straight with no problems.
  14. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Can you still get those?
  15. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I saw one at Target last week while on a toy run with Dajuan.
  16. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Huh, mine have no problems with leaving, only with Padme sagging, her chain I mean. Stop giggling.
  17. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I just realized something while watching Return Of The Jedi...the ORIGINAL version.

Well, in the beginning when it says "own the complete original trilogy" or whatever it clearly states ".....One. Last. Time." So we shouldn't say Lucas didn't tell us so, so I guess he really meant it when it said that.
  18. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, Lucas considers these versions the "Complete" ones. :p
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I just realized I never answered your question Bri. How do I dust them all? Easy, I don't. About twice a year I re-arrange them all and they get a good cleaning then. I'm pretty stinking lazy when it comes to housework, sadly.
  20. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think instead of making the OT covers look more like the PT. They should have made the PT resemble the OT covers. But there pretty good.
  21. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I think instead of making the OT covers look more like the PT. They should have made the PT resemble the OT covers.

I totally 100% agree with you. Why mess with a good thing. Which brings us back to our earlier arguement of changing the OT.

Which camp are you in BOWK? The change the OT or go back to the original OT?
  22. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
  23. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew all that months ago, but more conformation is always good. Can't wait until the 21st!
  24. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I hear ya sweety. Don't worry, I have PLANS to get the originals on Dvd. Soon.....
  25. SteelLepp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I too have a bead on some O-OT DVDs (from the LDs), but its cool for me since I have the pre-THX VHS tapes (so I now have an "archival" version on DVD or whatever they call it for the fair use stuff :D )

I think most of the SE changes have been for the better, of course I don't like some, but I guess I'm just too laid-back to be one of those people that thinx my childhoood has been desicrated somehow by Lucas doing some things here & there to the movies. Of course, I'm also weird in that I'm in the "Jar-Jar isn't as bad as everyone seems to think he is" camp.......lol

Steel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.