St. Lou, MO What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jun 21, 2004.

?

What do you think about the packaging for the DVDs?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2004.
***** 2 vote(s) 13.3%
**** 7 vote(s) 46.7%
*** 5 vote(s) 33.3%
** 1 vote(s) 6.7%
* 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    that is a hot picture of carrie at that link jon posted

thanks buddy

Also, I cannot wait to see Empire of Dreams. that alone would almost be worth buying the set
  2. VoijaRisa Jedi Master

star 5
    Glad you liked the picutre. That was so entirely my purpose for posting.
  3. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Jedi_Dajuan,

I with the original OT.

But I guess I have to settle for the new OT.
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yea! Another one on the purist side!!

How much do you want to bet they come out with a new "Ghost Anakin" figure out of all this?
  5. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I so hope Lucas read that. I think they'll eventually come out with DVD's of the "original" originals...they'll want to make more money in about five to ten years.

Carrie does look good in that pic--too bad she doesn't look like that now. I wish Mark Hammill looked like he did in ANH; somebody needs to create a time machine for me. [face_mischief]
  6. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Well there is a new Hologram Emperor figure out there... ;)
  7. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This from TFN Holonet:

Empire Strikes Back:
    - 50'56" to 52'05" : Emperor's hologram has been reshot with Ian Mc Dairmid. A new dialog has been recorded and Palpatine informs Vader about Luke's real identity!

- 63'42", 87'18" & 98'39" : Boba Fett's dialog has been re-recorded by Temuera Morrison.

WTF IS THIS ****?!?!

I cannot f***ing believe they add new dialog that ruins the surprise of Luke being Vader's son!!!!!

In any ranking, that moment has always been the number 1 scene in the whole g***amn saga!!!!! Even though I've seen it a million times, it's still an awesome scene. Now it's ruined forever.
  8. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That's some serious ****-ing you did there Brian. Glad to see you pushed a little further into our camp though.
  9. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    The whole prequel trilogy ruins the surprise of Vader being Luke's father, so that change doesn't bother me.

EDIT(for Dajuan): [john_kerry]BRING IT ON![/john_kerry]

;)
  10. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Chiss_man.... I should have you perma-banned for that. :p
  11. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    whenver I watch the saga with people that have never seen it before, I never go 1-6. I always do 4-6, then 1 and 2. I tell them that's because there are some huge surprises that get ruied if you watch the prequels first. They are the add on. We have the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy. There's no sequel in there. The originals come first.
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yep, if I ever have kids that's how they will watch it.
  13. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    That's how my daughter saw them...

I think it's funny that in Empire of Dreams they talked about how big of a secret it was that Vader was Luke's dad that they didnt even tell any of the actors (even Prowse) so the scene would be so shocking....now Lucas doesnt even give a crap.
  14. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    I think it's funny that in Empire of Dreams they talked about how big of a secret it was that Vader was Luke's dad that they didnt even tell any of the actors (even Prowse) so the scene would be so shocking....now Lucas doesnt even give a crap.

Did you even watch it? Lucas gives his life to these movies! He lost a wife durin filming, he nearly had a heart attack and now you accuse him of not caring? Watching it really made me appericate how much work he puts into these movies, and I consider him a great filmmaker. Just my opinion, please let's not start a fight here.
  15. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Chill, Chiss. What I meant was that he cared so much for the integrity of that scene (back then) that he took great lengths to keep it secret. Now he's added scenes that completely take away from the shock of what's revealed in that specific scene. He doesn't feel it's necessary now apparently, but he did back then.
  16. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Ah ok I understand now. But I must go back to my viewpoint that the prequels already spoil the big surprises of the OT, so it's not that big of a deal.
  17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, this is bad. I didn't know he was going to change actual dialogue, but I don't have a doubt that he would. He even changed his THX movie for the release onto DVD. This man is really starting to disappoint me. Leave those movies alone!! Please!!!!!

I have the DVDs reserved, but my parents said they would give them to me on my birthday. So, that means I have to wait until October 15 to see them. :_|
  18. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm seriously begining to question whether or not I'm going to buy this set.

I mean really, I'm just going to sit there getting pissed off while watching them. I can get pissed at other stuff for free. I don't need to spend 40 bucks to do that.

hell, maybe I'll take the money I was gonna spend on the set and get a nice bottle of grey goose
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    How long till your 21st?

I'm picking it up for the bonus features if nothing else. That's how I'm validating it.
  20. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    How long till your 21st?

I do think that my 21st is the same amount of time away as yours is. I might be wrong though. ;)

EDIT: Damn you all, I thought you were talking about next Tuesday. This is the DVD thread after all. :p
  21. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    According to your profile, you have alot longer than QGB here. IIRC his birthday is Valentines Day. You've still got 3-ish years. Poor kids... I''ve been over 21 for 3 years now. :p
  22. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    grey goose is yummy; and it's good for you;
    and if you have enough of it, the changes probably won't bother you as much.

23. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hahahah

I swear Tim, one of these days we're gonna party, and it's gonna be sick.
  24. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I wanna be invited to that one. :D
  25. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, does anybody feel like going to some random Wal-Mart say around 11 PM on monday night, maybe in costume, and just hang out in the electronics dept till they let us buy what we came for? Kinda like camping out for a movie, but a little weirder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.