main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what do you think about the X-wing series?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedi_sonic, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I have started to like wraith squadron more than I did in book 5. My heart will always be with rogue squadron

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I liked the X-wing Series. Rogue and Wraith Squads are so different, I can't pick a favorite.

But, this thread has been done several times in the last few days I believe.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The X-Wing series is one of my favorite series in all of SW. I like the Rogues better, but i'm starting to like the Wraiths more now than I did in the past that and i'm re-reading the series for the 5th time.

I think your right Darth, I think your right.

4. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I've re-read the Wraith books in preparation for Allston's NJO series, but haven't yet re-read the Rogues.

However, my favorite memory of them is how surprised I was a their enjoyability. The topic at first sounded really blah to me, but thankfully, a friend convinced me otherwise.

Erisi Dlarit is also one of my favorite bad guys/(girls)and Pash Cracken is the one character I wish would have been more drawn upon (I'm an A-wing person)

5. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Tyria is cool. I think Kell is cool. I will always like Corran and Mirax though.

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, it's been done before, but I live for these topics! I LOVE the X-wing books. The only thing I've liked more was TTT. The only thing I really didn't like was how MAS killed Lujayne, of all the Rogues, off in the first book. Yeah, I know why it was done, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I know how everyone is always going off on Corran being invincible but when he escapes from Isards little torture center was just great. I loved every minute of that. I've read some of the wraith books, but (although Janson is hillarious) they just can't replace the Rogues.

~Inyri

7. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I enjoyed the whole X-wing series, but I was impressed with Allston's books overall. I felt he gave the characters more of a background than Mike Stackpole did, although they are both superb authors. I thought that The Bacta War was Stackpole's best book. Starfighters of Adumar was Allston's best book.

The characters were unique and different from Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, and the regulars. We got to read about a new set of people and share their adventures. Although I was kind of ticked off that Ton Phanan died :(

8. LujayneForge

LujayneForge Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    it was so sad when they killed off lujayne... i was SO close to crying. i never cry though so almost crying is a big thing for me

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I want to see Allston write Plourr. Now that would kick ass.

10. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    WOOHOO! Go, Nike!

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.