main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What do you think is still relevant in this day and age?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DJT, Oct 3, 2017.

1. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    Me? Handheld gaming consoles like a Nintendo 3DS is still relevant because after playing Sonic 2 on smartphones and tablets, I miss having to use actual buttons. I bought a new G-Shock watch last year on Black Friday because if I want to check the time, looking at my wrist is faster than pulling out my phone from my pocket. Right now, after the event of when my smartphone bricked on me, I may consider buying a new compact camera. Imagine if this was at a comic con, not only would I no longer have a phone I would also no longer have a camera to capture fun memories with. Oh, and what is up with the media saying desktop PCs are dead? LOL last time I checked they ain't. Joining an internet fan forums is also still relevant. I can interact with people who are Star Wars obsessed like me.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I hadn't thought about it until just now, but I think we need to bring back the stocks.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I quite like chairs and tables

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Time will always be relevant.

Luke02 likes this.
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    me? bags. people think we would have moved beyond bags by now but despite all the haters and the doubters bags are still very useful for carrying things. also things. if you're just walking around with a bag but no things inside it you really need to question what you're even doing. get some things pronto and put them in the bag. if i could suggest a couple of still relevant things to start with maybe some gum and some lip gloss, maybe a brush or a comb if you have hair and want it to look tidy. this post is really opening up a whole can of worms of still relevant items so i should probably stop now. are cans of worms still relevant? probably if you live in a fishing community! don't be too quick to judge others.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I think about that every time I read one of your posts.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't wanna get all Ender but - why don't Americans have handles on their bags ? what is that about ?

9. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't know what propaganda you've been fed but let me assure you we have all kinds of bags here in the united states of america. some have handles, some don't. most are full of guns.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    -2 cubman.

12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Elephants.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sweet, sweet dialectics. Sure the spiraling shape will make you go insane, but everyone wants to see that groovy thing.

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sweet, sweet dialects. Sure the spiraling sounds will make you go insane, but everyone wants to hear that groovy sound.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    One serious one, based on a documentary series I watched as a kid about the olden days.. I'd like to see a comeback of using dinosaurs for menial tasks. A dino crane, a dino lawnmower, dino-dragon toasters, Mastodon vacuum cleaner, Stegosaurus food processor, triceratops juicer, the possibilities are endless.

I suppose with the advent of electricity many of these fell out of fashion. Well bring them back I say. With the growing ecological crisis, it seems wise to stop our huge dependency on electricity and return to a more organic time.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Donny and Marie Osmond. The world needs their wholesome showbizzy charisma now more than ever.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  17. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    I also think shopping at a store in real life is still relevant. Online shopping? How will you do that if you ain't got at least a PC with internet connection?

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Who has a PC these days? They're dead.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My phone

20. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    *Relative

21. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Indeed. Even if you're doing work, like word processing, Bluetooth enables people to connect smartphones to a mouse and keyboard, and wifi allows for printing, rendering the PC less and less relevant.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Haha yeah that too.

23. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    Is there a phone that can run... Crysis?

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, I'm running it on my phone right now.

Ender Sai likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

This is actually a secret Star Trek forum. The Star Wars banners are just a decoy.

Alpha-Red likes this.