main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think Lucas will be doing after he's finished with Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Une_Vandell, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SON-OF-MAUL

SON-OF-MAUL Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    Well, Lucas has publically announced he will work with Spielberg and Ford on Indie 4... But since it seems to take a few years of begging and price-hiking to get Ford to do an Indie film, I don't see the series going to #6... However, I am wondering if Lucas is interested in any SPIN-OFFS from the star wars series... hmmm...

2. PhotoGuitarist

PhotoGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    American Graffiti III
    (The Class Reunion)

Ha Ha Just Kidding.

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Graduate from father to Grandfather...

Let's face it, a sense of family is what truly drives this digital demon.

;)

4. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    I think I heard somewhere that Lucas is gonna take like a 20 year break or something like that before he does anymore Star Wars movies!

Sure the whole saga could just end at Episode 3.....but think about it.......If there were three more movies that take place after Episode 6...then there would be lots of fun there as a Star Wars fan!

In Episode 1-3 there may be some things new to everybody...but the genreal idea has already been etched in stone. But when Episode 4-6 were first seen, nobody knew what was going to happen!

I feel the same "not knowing whats going to happen" experience can happen again if Episode 7-9 are created! It would be perfect!

I just hope Lucas doesnt take a 20 year break from it all though! If he gets too old, he cant produce the movies like he used to! Plus there's a posibility of death! That would really suck!

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    To my tiny mind, he stick to production and allow others to do the directing.

6. NinthSith

NinthSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2002
    Counting his money from all those toys he sold

7. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Sorry, but Lucas has said he won't make any more Star Wars movies after Ep. 3. He could change his mind but I doubt it.

In 20 years he would be 80. I also agree with the above poster, he'll probably stick more to the side of producing and maybe writing and editing.

8. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    He'll probably work on a small television series once he has his other unfinished works completed...

Or maybe a short movie.

9. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Howard the Duck: 2

Hopefully Indy 4!

10. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    If he doesn't do Indy 4 .... :mad:

11. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I don't know. The Willow was my favorite movie.

12. jdini76

jdini76 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    It wpould be good to see him bring a star wars drama to prime time tv. possibly something to do with the jedi accademy. something like star wars meets "saved by the bell". where a group of jedi padwan friends deal with the life of being a young jedi learner and having to deal with growing up and making the right choices in life as well as in the force. I think that would be interesting.

13. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Star Wars "saved by the bell" TV series.

Are you kidding or are you a masochist?

14. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Lucas has NEVER said he wants to do star wars spin off tv shows

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Who here has claimed he has said such a thing? :confused:

This is a speculation thread.

16. StormTrooper_Com

StormTrooper_Com Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2002
    Imagen Him making another sci-fic movie hahaha like yea shure? Ha I wounder o well Im hoping.

17. Guirun_Karyyk

Guirun_Karyyk Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    You know, I bet Mark Hamill started that rumor...you know hw's dying to be headmaster at that Jedi Academy ;)

Just like everybody else here, I'd love to see Episodes VII-IX (Star Wars was originally supposed to be 9 episodes, wasn't it?), but that's not going to happen. Unless of course Lucas decides to go 100% digital (as in no actors) a la the Final Fantasy movie. Hmmm... Ideas, ideas.

He'll probably just take some time off, sticking with the occasional slightly off-center project.

18. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    come out with a fasion line...

19. LordRomeinp

LordRomeinp Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    I think they should have the books that are when Luke make's the New Jedi Order should be movies

20. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    After TPM came out, he gave a lecture at Berkeley where he said he was interested in documentary film making.

This would tie in with what Rick McCallum said about the Young Indy dvds.

21. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would like to see Lucas make a western or two,some Bible story and biography about historicle figures.

Or how about a TV show hosted by George Lucas.You could call it George Lucas Presents and have a different story every week directed by Spielberg, Lucas, and other big directors.

22. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "What do you think Lucas will be doing after he's finished with Star Wars?"

Work with Steven Spielburg and Harrison Ford to create Indiana Jones 4. I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see Lucas help make a Star Wars Television Series based around the time frame of Episode I, but one that is done with the amount of effort it deserves.

23. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    What do you think Lucas will be doing after he's finished with Star Wars?

Rake in all that royalty money. I'd like to see him go back and expand on the Clone Wars.

24. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Lucas will go back to do some avant garde. Also, i remember when he got interviewed by carrie fisher on her show he said he wanted to do a tv show about the roman empire and how the problems they faced are the same problems we face today. Of Course Indy 4, but i cant wait for his experimental avant garde stuff. Thats going to kick butt.

25. blobo

blobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    he will sit at home counting his money and think of new ways to milk star wars some more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.