what do you think of my artwork, honest critique please or I will never grow as an artist

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Jedi_Za-boon-kal, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Knight

star 1
    check this out and tell me what you think. if the responce is good, I will put a comic together and post it here on theforce.net

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darth_blaque/vwp?.dir=/star+wars+costumes&.src=ph&.dnm=sith+council+complete.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darth_blaque/lst%3f%26.dir=/star%2bwars%2bcostumes%26.src=ph%26.view=t
  2. -Plo-Koon- Jedi Padawan

very cool! i wish i could draw. i mess up on stick figures
  3. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice drawing.... but you still suck!

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
  4. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    very cool drawing! -Plo-Koon-, i feel your pain. i mess up on stick figures too!
  5. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome!!! I love comic book style stuff! Ever read Manga?
  6. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think you should decide how you want to overemphasize on the human anatomy. Some of the faces are slightly skewed. Use more colors to bring out the characters. Black has a tendancy to blend in as a blob when you use too much of it. Maybe a lighter shade of it or so. Pick up some anatomy books and look at the muscle definitions. This will help to make your drawings look more real and also help you overemphasize certain parts of the body.
    That said, you did a VERY good job overall.
  7. Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I appreciate your critique of my artwork. I have some books on anatomy like Dynamic Antomy. These are comon books that every illustrator has in his collection. Faces are difficult when there are not your own characters but people you are trying to emulate. I would like to see some of your work if possible. Hows the weather in LV.

In the Service of the Empire
    Nick
    TB/SL 1978
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.