Provo What do you think of the DVD?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaurenFett, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I haven't got hold of the DVD yet (and probably won't for a while), but I'm curious to see what the reactions are to the stuff included. What was the favorite special feature? Did they include too much/too little? It's late, I can't think of any other questions at the moment...
  2. spoo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I thought it was definitely very circular.
  3. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm glad you cleared that up, Spoo...I was thinking maybe they made it hexagonal this time...
  4. Boraccio Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Here, I was expecting it to be triangular. Go fig.
  5. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    mine was a square...doesn't fit...very odd...
  6. Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hmmm, mine was a dodecahedron...go figure...
  7. andakin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Mine was actually a unigon.

And, it still is, because a circle only has one side ;P

But, anyways, from what I've seen, the features are fairly solid. The deleted scenes are good in some ways, but lacking unfortunately in action.

If you can pick it up for one of the discounts floating around, I'd reccommend it highly.
  8. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thank you andakin for actually addressing the question!

I don't have a DVD player, but I'm reluctant to buy the VHS version, in case my parents get me a DVD player for Christmas (they've hinted around about it). So I'll have to wait a couple months until I decide what to do.
  9. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Back to the shape jokes, I've actually scene a music CD that had John William's "Imperial March" on it that was shaped like Darth Vader's Mask. It was cool.

As for the dvd, I'm still saving up for it. (Alas, the problems of being a poor starving student...)
  10. Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Also onlong the lines of shape discs, Rhapsody has a few dragon shaped cd's and Dimmu Borgir has a skull shaped cd.
  11. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    But talking about the DVD:
    I didn't like the deleted scenes too much. Sad to say, I could see reason for their deletion.
    I haven't checked out much else, but the movie seemed... different. Do you know if they readded small parts, or am I just noticing new things?
  12. navaren Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I haven't had the chance to watch the movie all the way through, so I can't speak to that, but I do agree that the choices made regarding deleted scenes could have been better.
  13. VoidDancer Jedi Knight

star 5
    They have readded a few seconds here and there. There was more to Anakin's tirade in the garage and two other parts I can't remember.
  14. andakin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The two other times:
    When Padme falls from the ship, and the clone trooper asks her if she's okay.

At the end, when padme holds anakin's artificial hand.

I thought some of the naboo shots that were cut were beautiful, especially, where Anakin stands in darkness under the bridge while padme and her family are in light, playing. It seemed really symbolic, and I wished some of that had made it in.
  15. VoidDancer Jedi Knight

star 5
    I know the hand part was in the digital release of the film that we had down here. I keep thinking that there was one more...oh well.
  16. jedimotion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I was disappointed in the Deleted Scenes as well. I saw pix of the Jango/Obi fight that were not included that would have been SO cool. (obi flipping jango with legs)
    Also, aren't the point of deleted scenes (to the fans anyways) to show COOL stuff not included?!
    I also thought they looked a little blurrier than the movie....maybe just my sight at 2 am.
    I did notice the extended stuff though...cool touch in the garage....
    Corynn or how ever you spell it....I have a copy you can have. If I can find it in my closet. (perfect bootleg!....just no subtitles or DS)

(I know, I know, the BL word...but hey, $1 from thailand three months early? And plus, I didn't say it until the DVD was out, which I BOUGHT, so I still support Lucasfilm....like they need more $$$)
  17. VoidDancer Jedi Knight

star 5
    I DL'd too since I was going to buy the DVD, you're not going to the gallows for this one :)
  18. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone else seen the Bloopers? They're hillarious. I had no idea the Chosen One was so accident prone. I mean he falls down about 5 times, at least.

And at the end of the second documentary, (Not From Puppets to Pixels) Yoda Force Lightnings a Naboo Cow. (Don't know what they're called)

EDIT: And Jedimotion, Thanks for the offer, but I'm one of the two people out there who are against pirating video or software. After the kind of fanfilm I'm making, I don't need any skeletons in my closet, I'll have enough problems without bootlegging issues. :D
  19. VoidDancer Jedi Knight

star 5
    I liked the bloopers on this one more than on Ep 1...except for Liam Neeson hurling his saber by accident.
  20. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    I was watching one of the Documentaries with Dantana, and we were watching Anakin practicing his Lightsaber weilding. She said "He's pretty good with that." And on cue, he drops it. I laughed so hard.
  21. LaurenFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good news! My roomie and I are going out and buying a DVD player this weekend. So I'll finally get to experience what you guys are talking about.

(Jedimotion, I'm not against the BL deal, and I'm a poor college student...!)
  22. spoo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You mean people buy stuff?

Oops, I mean, uh, "Dum de dum".

Lauren, I don't think a bootleg will have the special features - which is the whole point of the DVD!
  23. Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My sister finally relented and went out to buy it. It's a cool DVD with pretty good menus and such, but I agree with the deleted scenes comments.

P.S. The only reason I haven't been here lately, id that my comp is having severe internet problems, so I will post when possible.
  24. navaren Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Jason, do I need to come over and do some percusive maintenance on Kerry's computer?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.