main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think of the saga as a whole now that the circle is complete?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by starkiller721, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starkiller721

starkiller721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    Now that G.L has made the whole saga complete what are your thoughts. For one when yoda tells luke in rotj it makes a whole bunch more sense when he says "Beware the power of the emperor". He got blasted across the wall. Now we know that chewbacca knows of yoda. R2 knows all of what happened and maybe in a future novel luke and the jedi will find out what happened. We find out how the jedi were purged. So all in all i think both triolgys enhance the other and that it is the best saga ever !!

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Everything has been connected and it is brilliant. I can't really describe how well it all works. It just does. "The circle is now complete" Vader says it best.

Most importantly it is explained why Vader becomes good again. The need to save a loved one from certain death.

-Seldon

3. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Genius. Sheer absolute genius. For us to have, to hold and to share and enjoy until the end of civilization! :D

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Very true Poe.
    A gift, a modern day myth that is more than capable of carrying the human mythos into a new era.

-Seldon

5. Darth_Nagle

Darth_Nagle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    In my mind the saga is never complete. Most specifically for Episode I. I got so confused when I first learned about the Trade Federation that I wanted to know how they formed. Plus where did Dooku, Palpatine, and other came from? I know these questions have been answered in the EU sagas and we know the history before the movies....But to the normal fans, they want to know what happenend!

Thats why I think we should see movies/tv shows on what happenend before Episode I. I want to see the Sith Wars, the Maldelorian wars, the Hyperspace wars. I want to see what happenend before the movies happenend. Then I will believe the cycle is complete.

6. Darth_Nagle

Darth_Nagle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Sorry to post again but I know exactley what they should cover. They need to cover:

Mandalorian Wars
    Jedi Civil Wars
    New Sith Wars(Mostly this one because it brings the idea of the Thought Bomb. A device that will wipe out all organisms in a huge mile radius. Alot of Sith and Jedi died during this war and I think this shows the Sith and Jedi's way of life in the movies. Very interesting to me anyways)

7. MyLittleGreenFriend

MyLittleGreenFriend Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    There will always be more questions, there will always be more events, more wars, more characters.

The Skywalker saga is complete.
    There is no need for further films. The rest of it can be carried onto other mediums. Books, comics, shows, etc.

-Seldon

8. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Impressive, most impressive.

9. echo_seven

echo_seven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    GreenFriend you hit the nail on the head. If you think about it, there is a reason that GL decided to put the timeline for Episode 1 when he did, after all, he could have placed it much earlier on, but he didn't.

Watch ANH and pay special attention to the fact that it appears to be from the point of view of R2 and C3PO. However, if you watch all 6 from begining to end, you realize that the Star Wars Saga is really a story told from Anakin Skywalkers POV.

Think about it- Episode I begins when Anakin is a small child, and Episode VI ends with his Death. That's why GL is done making SW films.

Remember that GL has simply told a story by developing characters and puting them in a certain environment. The Star wars universe is created in the creative minds of those that watch the story being told. Like greenfriend said, if you want to explore the universe, the SW Saga isn't the appropriate medium to do so because the story of Skywalker is complete. That's what the Expanded Universe is for.

10. Solo_So_Low

Solo_So_Low Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    the saga IS complete. i really do not believe in any stories that take place after episode 6. ROTJ ends with peace in the galaxy and balance being restored to the force - the perfect ending! perfection should NEVER be altered. even though george said he might continue on after ep 6, he has now officially scrapped that idea. therefore in my eyes the saga is complete, perfect and ends with ROTJ.

11. Nihilist

Nihilist Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    It stands complete, I love star wars and I have since 77 when I was 6 but I think this should be it. I know most want him to continue but I really hope this is it. It's over, it's whole.

12. starkiller721

starkiller721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    Hey guys me again,
    I think that the saga is now complete but i think it whould be a good thing to keep the eu going by way of movies/tv/books. I for one whould like to know if chewie ever relayed the events of the clone wars to the jedi in njo before he died. That way luke whould know that yoda was really who yoda said he was. I whould love to hear more about boba and how he became who he was.

13. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I think the saga is indeed complete... it is perfect, magnifique, amazing, flawless, incredible and everything it should be.

14. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    It's the greatest film saga ever.

And one of the greatest sagas, period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.