main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think of Vector Prime?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeppedk, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Vector Prime... wow. I'm rereading it for the 3rd time this week.

I'm putting it down for Star by Star, of course. :) But I'll be picking it back up soon.

2. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    i'll tell you, i had to force myself to read the NJO up until Balance Point. i swore that i wouldn't continue to read the series after every book i read, but a friend of mine kept convincing me to give it another chance. and another. and another. Balance Point was when it got good.

so needless to say, i did not like Vector Prime. Mara's illness made me mad. i thought that since she married Luke she'd be more of a major character. i felt the illness was an excuse to ruin her spirit and send her to the background again, and i thought they'd kill her. Chewie's death saddened me, but i agree that nothing less than a moon falling on him could have killed him. i am still unhappy with the limited Luke/Mara footage, but i understand the need to transition to the next generataion. i just hope they don't forget about them completely, like some other characters that have fallen by the wayside.

anyway, that's my opinon.

3. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    It was one of my favorite E.U. novels, and not just because of the fact R.A. Salvatore wrote it. (By the way, I'm a fellow "Dark Elf" fan here as well. As soon as I'm through reading the "Lord of the Rings", it's right off to "Sea of Swords". Yay! Drizzt returns!) What appealed to me about "Vector Prime" was it gave the "New Jedi Order" series a bold and adventurous start. While I agree that Salvatore could've done a bit more with it, what he was able to produce was more than entertaining enough, and I'm sure that with the time he's been given to write the "Episode II" adaption will make his novelization a new high point in movie adaptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.