main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think the coolest type of lightsabre is?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Han Solo Cup, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Im sure i dont know every type there is but here it goes...
    The dual bladed lightsabre, the dual setting lightsabre(like Corrans), the standard lightsabre, or Anakin Solos lightsabre using the vong crystal?

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I like the dual bladed one like darth maul myself.

3. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I think Lumiya's Lightwhip is cool.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Luke's blue saber was duelphase, vader's saber had dual phase feature. As I recall so did obi-wans and lukes second saber. Look at the visual dictionary. As well darth maul's had some duel phase options as well.

5. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    well i'd go for the standerd lenght everyday lightsaber... but i'd put two on my belt. :D

6. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd have a lightpen -- a little pen-like device that emits a 2-inch blade.

Nah, I'd go for standard. Call me plain if you want, but who can argue with so many jedi who like the design?

7. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm agreeing with Solo. But I must say I wouldn't mind one or two with changeable lengths. That's pretty cool. At least, I thought I saw that you could do that with a saber in one of the Visual Dictionaries. Am I right? Am I insane?

8. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    Wait, a light pen? You're joking right? I think you are. I'm sorry, but I just thought that was funny. It was meant to be right? I'm losing all logic! I need to go to bed! :)

9. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Phannan had a "light pen" in the Wraith books! It was a scapel, and he used it to cut someone's throat.

I want lightsaber claws like Wolverine.

10. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    What? The light pen is catching on?

Alright, I admit, light pens seem cool, and they are quite amusing, but this is a light SABER topic!!!

11. ash_shack_II

Jan 27, 2001
    Yes, I was joking. Well, at least I made an attempt at humor. And yeah, I hadn't thought about Phanan's scalpel. I was thinking more along the lines of something to slice locks with. And clip my fingernails.

Just so you know, that was another joke. :D

12. ash_shack_II

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay, what about a lightaxe? Or a lightdagger? Or a lightswissarmyknife???

:D :D :D

13. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    light-toenail clippers

14. ash_shack_II

Jan 27, 2001
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't real-life sabers curved? Or like flexible or something? You know, when I first read about... (oh wait, maybe E2 spoilers)

Count Dooku's curved lightsaber, I thought it would have a curved blade. I thought "How is that going to work? What good would it do?" But it's just a curved handle, like a cane or something.

15. ash_shack_II

Jan 27, 2001
    NO NO NO, I GOT IT!!!

The Mother of all Jedi Utensils:

LightSpork!!!

16. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Light Claws would be the baddest light weapon but these haven't shown up in the EU yet. I've only heard of light claws in fan-fic.

17. ash_shack_II

Jan 27, 2001
    What about a gun that shoots little lightsaber blades? Wouldn't that be cool?

I always thought if you were going to have a double-bladed lightsaber, you should be able to take it apart (easily and quickly) so you could have two separate ones.

18. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    In a fanfic draft I gave Kyle Katarn a pair of lightsabers that could be joined by magnoclamps to make a double-bladed - a perfect weapon for the foremost Jedi warrior.

19. Possessed-Freak

Possessed-Freak Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    A Light Ball and Chain... heh heh heh

the ball would be a metal ball with the 'lightsabre' eminating at al points save the one where the chain is conected to. Of course, with a flip of the switch, the ball can grow or constrict for fun during duels...

20. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Or a lightdagger?

I believe Luke created a lightdagger to use in addition to his standard lightsaber when he fought and defeated Lumiya.

21. Gabrielle_Lady02

Gabrielle_Lady02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I could use a light health food cleaver...
    EVIL SITHY FAT FREE TURKEY! Oh heh heh. I get these "evil health food" spasms sometimes...

I don't like double bladed samers, the greatly reduce your area of motion. You can only use a blade to block a move so far without cleaving yourself in two...noticed that Obi-Wan had wayyyyyyyy better lightsaber moves than Maul in TPM??

22. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    Double Bladed Lightsabers shaped like a V, with the lightsabers as the \ and / of the V...easier turning?

what else can you do with a lightsaber besides cut through walls and stuff?

cooking hot dogs...?

23. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I like the normal everyday lightsabers. The double bladed one is cool but I would think it too easy to cut your own head off with it. Using two smaller sabers would be cool too..

24. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    Personally... I'd rather see a double bladed lightsaber where each blade was dual-phase. This would give a Jedi or Sith more options in combat. A double bladed saber can be used with only one blade as we see Maul do in his first battle with Qui-Gon. Added with the dual phase option... This would be a devastating weapon, I believe. More versatile than a regular saber or any other type we've seen so far.

25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I would like the dual bladed saber , because it can be normal or a staff. Plus I'd look good with a purple one. smirks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.