main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What do you think the most overrated and most underrated Star Wars scenes are?! :)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Logan La Marco, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Logan La Marco

Logan La Marco Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2016
    My opinion;

Overrated: The Astroid Field scene (Episode V)

Underrated: Coruscant Chase (Episode II)

Astroid Field had very good music btw, and so did Coruscant Chase. But I'm talking about the scenes themselves. Not the music

2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    "Overrated" what you mean is by having the majority of the fanbase liking something and praising it to an utmost extent yes?

Also, overrated does not mean BAD! Remember this people.

If so, here goes mine. I'll do 1 over and 1 over for both of the films im going to list.

TFA OVERRATED: The dialogue when Kylo and Poe met. The fact that he treated him as some kind of marvel villain was an outright parody.

TFA UNDERRATED: The scenes with Kylo, Finn and Rey upon our first viewing of them. Beautiful. All of them hid behind mask and showed you visually on who they were. Finn with the dead stormtrooper, Rey scavenging and Kylo using his force powers. All done very well and the best scenes out of all of TFA. Put it right up on my top 10 scenes in SW.

TPM OVERRATED: The lightsaber duel. Seems like everyone only praises this one aspect of the film. It was mostly filled with hype by fans, therefore the only good/hyped up thing in TPM by many(I loved everything in TPM).

TPM UNDERRATED: The Qui-Gon scenes. There are so many times where he promotes wisdom and humor, people skim this. And the Anakin scenes with the council. Such a vital part of the movie leading into AOTC and ROTS. It talks about fear, attachment and love. Reasons why TPM is my top SW film.

3. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Overrated: The Mustafar duel in ROTS

Underrated: The duel on Tatooine in TPM

Dandelo likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Foreword - just because I call something overrated does not mean that I don't love it to bits

TPM:

Underrated - "It's working! It's working!!!"
    Overrated - Yoda's "X leads to Y" thing

AOTC:

Underrated - Shmi's death
    Overrated - Jango/Obi-Wan asteroid belt dogfight

ROTS:

Underrated - Obi-Wan confronts Padme about Anakin
    Overrated - R2's shenanigans with the super battle droids

ANH:

Underrated - The shot of Luke viewing the destroyed homestead
    Overrated - "Use the Force, Luke"

TESB:

Underrated - Leia et al. escaping Cloud City
    Overrated - A certain bounty hunter

ROTJ:

Underrated - Battle at the Sarlaac pit
    Overrated - Endor space battle

TFA:

Underrated - RATHARS. WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE THESE LITTLE BEASTS
    Overrated - "That's one hell of a pilot!"

DarthCricketer and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  5. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

The duel on Tatooine has so much intensity.

The dust rising up, the music, the visuals...

Man, no one talks about this...

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Overrated: Han Solo without a Doubt. He's just a typical rogue, selfish and inconsiderate. His character evolution never made sense to me.

Underrated: Jar Jar Binks. I love this poor Gungan, and will never understand the hate towards him.

CoolyFett and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Overrated: "Sorry sweetheart, I haven't got time for anything else." A bit too creepy.

Underrated: The TPM scene with Padme and Jar Jar on Coruscant, where Jar Jar asks if she thinks people are going to die. Amazing how much weary emotion is conveyed in Padme's simple "I hope note," while Jar Jar shines in a moment of quiet dignity.

8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Underrated: all of the scenes that involve Jabba in Return Of The Jedi..... Hayden Christensen in Revenge Of The Sith

Can't really think of an overrated scene

Ezon Pin I assume that most people don't care for the Tatooine duel as much because you would expect more than a quick skirmish after the Sith have been gone for so long. I like the duel and it gives a taste of what's to come without showing too much.

Ezon Pin and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Most over rated over hyped scene is the part where Luke looks at the two Suns in the sky. Fans really lust over that scene. It's nothing really special. Must underrated scenes is Qui Gon and Anakins funerals.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  10. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    The entire ending sequence of Sith. There's not a weak scene in the film and to top it off with Anakin/Padme, then padme/obi wan, and finally all three? Really hit by the music in these scenes. Visually it's classic Star Wars.

11. TheSlave1

TheSlave1 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    Overrated: Luke vs Vader Duel in Empire (I personally think the duel in ROTJ is better)

Underrated: Luke vs Jabba's guards on Tatooine.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  12. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Agreed. The ROTJ one is very emotional. Surprised nobody mentions this....

13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I remember when the ANH SE was first released, they really hyped the new scene with the CGI Jabba. I personally thought it was OK, but not that big a deal. On the other hand, I thought the restoration of the scene with Biggs in the hangar, which was barely mentioned in the promotional material, was worth the whole SE process.

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Overrated: Oddly enough the Vader creation scene in ROTS, though it's still a solid scene.

Underrated: The fight with Jango and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

15. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    You're crazy the binary sunset's status is well deserved. Think about how much is says about Luke's yearning and destiny, and the circular nature of the saga generally.
    Plus you have Anakin looking at an eclipse in ROTS. It shows just how much he is dooming himself in contrast to his son those years later.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  16. jkarateking

jkarateking Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Overrated: Old Obi-Wans duel with Darth Vader
    Underrated: Young Obi-Wans duel with young Darth Vader

Ezon Pin likes this.
  17. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Overrated: ROTS, the movie gets too much love for all its faults.

Underrated: TPM, the movie gets too much hate as looking back its the funnest movie of the PT and that's what the heart of SW is.

DarthCricketer and Sarge like this.
  18. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Not sure whether this might actually belong to Unpopular Opinions.

Underrated: Obi-Wan's battle with Jango Fett on Kamino in AotC.

Overrated: Almost every other battle in the PT.