main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think the trailer will be like?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by BobaFett688, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm definately going to avoid all of the trailers until I can get a trusted source to tell me exactly what's in them I don't want/need to see. I mean, there's no way I'll avoid any (or maybe all) of the trailers. I might as well pick which ones are the safest to watch anyways. :p

2. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I think the teaser will be like so:

20th Century Fox

Lucasfilm

Creepy subtheme from AOTC comes in (the one we hear when Obi-Wan is spying on the Sepratists- it's on "Return to Tatooine")

A Star Destroyer flying into battle.

Palpatine sitting, grinning.

Palpatine: Is it...

Padmé looking frightened.

...the senator's theory that the Republic is dead?

Bail looking suspiciouis.

Yoda with Obi-Wan and Mace, alone in the JC room.

Yoda: I feel that it is no longer safe...

Marching troops.

(Music stops)

Screen is black.

...for a Jedi.

Anakin's Tusken slaughter music comes in.

A desert storm on Tatooine. Obi-Wan's ship is landing.

Dooku looking down in concern. He then looks over towards off-camera.

Anakin in a position as he has just swung his saber. He's slowly rising from it, snarling, with sparks flying around him.

(Music stops...Darth Vader's breathing comes in. The teaser has become another "Breathing" type)

Obi-Wan gritting his teeth, a red saber is what he's struggling against.

Owen sitting, thinking, his head buried in his hands.

A squadren of TIE fighters joining a fleet.

Mace in battle.

A black glove ignites a red lightsaber. The camera pans up and just as it's about to show the face...

Padmé, mouth dropped, with a tear running down her face.

"May 2005"

3. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    I couldn't have said it better myself :)

4. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Wow. [face_shocked]

521 :)

5. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Something cheery and happy....completely contrary to what the movie is.

Alternatively, something cheery and happy, with something severely evil and depressing at the end.

6. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    No Anakin/Vader & Obi-Wan duel should be shown, at all.

I'd like to hear the imperial march, see some of Palaptine/Sidious, but nothing revealing too much plot. Just a few "teasers" to get us interested. :) The best trailers are the ones where you can't see all the highlights of the film.

Unfortunatly, good trailers like that are very rare. :(

7. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Mine wouldn't show any Obi-Wan vs. ANAKIN...

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'm definately in the minority here.
    But I think a cool teaser trailer would be like the release of the THX version of RotJ. In it's commercial, you had Vader breathing, the sound of two lightsabers igniting, and finally a slo mo shot of the Luke/Vader RotJ duel where Luke oges beserk by the catwalk.
    I'd like something like that, only with Anakin/Obi-Wan.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    *looks at topic*

Ungodly, good sir.

10. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
  11. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Well, there might be one thing shown from "the duel".
    At the trailer's close, just before the logo appears, we see a quick shot of 'sabers crashing together, with Kenobi and Ani glaring at each other between the crossed blades. That's all.

And no shots of Vader. We know he'll be there; keep the actual appearance a surprise.

12. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I don't think I'd want anything implied about their duel...

13. Derrinson

Derrinson Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    Some pretty great ideas here. I agree with That_Wascally_Droid though. I think it'd be awesome if the whole trailer was some music against a black background, the sabers igniting, then a really slow motion shot of a small part of the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel without music. A couple breaths from Vader and the music would reach a crescendo leading to the Ep. III logo much like the "Breathing" trailer. Of course, an actual teaser trailer with more footage would have to follow. However, I would not want to see ANY of the rest of the duel except that one shot. Lucas didn't make the same mistake with the AOTC trailer he did with the TPM trailer(Maul's double-bladed lightsaber) by not showing Yoda's fight, but I was still disappointed they showed the majority of Anakin fighting with two sabers.

14. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm kind of leaning towards the "show little or nothing at all of the final duel" during the trailers crowd. I'm sure, as others have already stated, that Darth Vader will be a big, Jango Fett and Darth Maul big, selling point for Episode 3. Everyone will want to see Anakin become Darth Vader... this is what it is all about. Heck I'm getting goosebumps right now as I'm typing this response. :)

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    One of the trailers could end with the mask of Vader and then 2003 or whatever.

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I think they'll release multiple trailers, similar to how they did AOTC. What is likely is that they will show a quick flash of The Duel in the teaser trailer, and probably show a couple of seconds or more of it in the main trailers. I agree that I don't want to see much of it at all, but I won't be avoiding the trailers. It's just TOO good to resist. [face_devil]

17. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I agree with Luke_Clone that Vader will be the strongest selling point for this film. But going by that it means they will have to give us a glimpse of Vader in the trailers, or at least on the marketing posters.

18. shibby932

shibby932 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2002
    I have two ideas for trailers....bear with me for a second. You know the AOTC tv spots, with "clonetroopers", "jedi master", and stuff like that? Well i can see lucas doing something *similar* with ep. III....like one of "birth of an empire"....i only can envision the ending of it, but imagine the trailor showing a bunch of clips showing the republic turning into the empire, and then, at then end, the screen fades to black and we only hear palpatine's voice: "I declare....a new order in the galaxy", then showing the ep. III logo...and then one of the twins, like "the new hope"...same thing really, with a bunch of clips showing padme pregnant, and then at the end, the screen fades to black and we only hear a baby crying, followed by the ep. III logo...
    just thoughts, whatever lucas does ill be happy with it, these just popped into my mind.

19. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

One of the trailers could end with the mask of Vader and then 2003 or whatever.

Crikey, that would be good! Next year! ;)

20. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Shots of Faces, Mace Anakin Obi-Wan Yoda, and then a really brief shot of the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel, ala the Breathing Trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.