main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think will happen tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    tomorrow is 9-11.. anybody think that anything drastic will happen... like last year? i think the world is going to blow up...

2. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i think we're all gonna die tommorrow. i'm not going anywhere tommorrow besides school...

3. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I think that we are going to see the largest gathering of Bandwagon Patriots that has ever been assembled in human history!! :cool:

4. Jedi_Za-boon-kal

Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2001
    Sometimes it takes something tradgic for people to regain faith in their country. In this case there is no such thing as a bandwagon patriot, there is just PATRIOT. Tomorrow will be a day of Media Hype and somber moods. I leave you with that to ponder

5. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Probably nothing. It's all media hype and stuff. The whole 9-11 thing is just **** warning, Conspiracy Theorist Comment **** a big government conspiracy anyway. **** end comment **** It's alll to get ratings and funding for war and stuff. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it. Yes, it happened, yes it was horrible, but life goes on.* Luckily, cable is buisness as usual tomarrow so I still get to watch Toonami.

* This, of course, is not true. For the people who have died life does NOT go on - they're dead, after all. The more proper way to put it would be: The Universe goes on - and it does. - a mangled saying of Terry Pratchet from The Last Hero, a Discworld Fable.

6. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Jedi_Za-boon-kal , do you honestly believe that there are NO bandwagon patriots as a result of 9-11??? :confused:

**** starts to hear the opening of GI*JOE theme song****

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I just wish you all a peacefull day today.

8. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    **Stops, looks around for Terry Bollea**

All that I could hope for today is that those who want to "pay tribute" on 9/11 will pay tribute to the ones who were truly affected by the events of last year---Those who died, and their family members and friends. DO NOT pay undue tribute to the government, and "patriotism". I shall continue to carry heartfelt thoughts for the needlessly murdered........

9. Jedi_Za-boon-kal

Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2001
    As a soldier, I respect your thoughts and opinions, thats what I fight for. to answer your question NO, I do not believe there are Bandwagon patriots as a result of 9/11, Like I said before sometimes it takes a tragedy to wake some people up. I dont trust my government, they have sent me to many places and I had no Idea it why I was there, but thats the burden of the soldier. I am a Patriot, I have and always will love this country right or wrong it is MY COUNTRY. I wish everyone a safe PATRIOTS DAY

10. Master_Jedi_Lando

Master_Jedi_Lando Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    I hope you all had a peaceful day, because I didn't when I went to my high school, during 2nd period we got an annoucement that we had to evacuate the area. Some guy with a middle-eastern accent called our school and told the principal that he had planted four bombs in our school. So we were all crowded into the gym and had to stay for 4 hours while the sheriff and several officers or bomb squad people checked our school. This made me mad to stay in there for 4 hours, and that someone would make a joke like this on that paticilar day. Luckily after 4 hours, my mom came and picked me up. What a day!

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    what a bunch of freaks! i hope they get punished big time.

12. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    well, we didn't die so i guess thats good.

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    maybe we all did die, and this is hell...

14. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Jedi_Za-boon-kal , I have no problems with YOU being a patriot, by any means. But I am a little dissapointed that you fail to see the targets that I am referring to when I say a "Bandwagon Patriot". Im calling out all the Lincoln Navigator driving soccer moms with the bumper sticker that says "Proud Soccer Mom". They are crusing around in vehicles that barely get 8 mpg, sipping some Starbucks drink (whatever the hip flavor is at the time) They see that putting the American flag on their SUC..I mean SUV, [face_devil] is cool and popular so they get one too!! These are just status seeking sheep who are more worried about their image than really doing anything to help. These are the people who are truly "Bandwagon Patriots". And to be honest, I am COMPLETELY disgusted by such insincerity!!

15. Master_Jedi_Lando

Master_Jedi_Lando Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    Well no bomb-threats today. THat is good. Is my school the only one who had a bomb threat? While in the gym we got so bored that Jedi Roxy and I read the Star War Attack of the Clone book. But i feel real bad for the families who had loved ones die in the diaster that occurred 9/11/01

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.