main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What do you think would've happened if Palpatine fought Plagueis?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Graves101, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graves101

Graves101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 28, 2013
    Imagine if this happened, an infinite scenario basically. Instead of causing Plagueis to get drunk and kill him in his sleep, what do you think would've happened if Palpatine simply went up to him and challenged him to the title of master? I know many people who don't really look that deep into SW mythology say Palpatine would roast Plagueis, but if you read the novel, it's shown Palpatine actually fears Plagueis, and that he is so powerful he can atomize victims of his force powers.

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
  3. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I'm not sure if Palpatine was more powerful at the time he killed Plagueis. For some reason, I get the impression that they were about equal at the time, but I think he became more powerful. Palpatine must be very powerful. He tossed around his family like rag dolls and then killed, and at that point, he had no Force training at all. He must have pretty incredible potential in the Force to be able to do that with no training whatsoever. I think the other thing that separates him is that he's a smarter tactician. Even if they are about equal, Palpatine would probably outsmart him by challenging in circumstances that are better suited for his victory and he'd be smart enough to avoid being confronted in less than favorable circumstances.

One other thing. I think Palpatine's fear of Plagueis changes more into annoyance as the novel progresses. It begins to bother his pride that Plagueis plans things behind his back and keeps him in the dark (even though he does the same things to Plagueis).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.