main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Design - Sites and Graphics' started by priorwood1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. priorwood1

priorwood1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2010
    ey,im new here and so far i like it. You guys are a friendly bunch. Anyways i just wanted to ask you guys about my blog. www.wookiemedia.blogspot.com

Sure its a blogspot but i was thinking about making my own website for it. Any way to transferr it to its own domain name? Or would i loose all my posts and the like?

Anyways, for the current site, tell me what you guys think.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find the red on black really hard to read. White on black is OK, but red on black makes my eyes hurt.

3. priorwood1

Jan 11, 2010
    I was wondering if that was a problem for some people. I dont read my own blog so i guess i wouldnt know lol

4. priorwood1

Jan 11, 2010
    I tried a few different colors for a background but i didnt like em so i stuck with a black background and changed the text to a more brownish red color, something a little softer in tone, what do you think?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think that made it a bit worse as it is darker and hard to read against the dark background. How about #FB4737? It's still red but a few shades lighter than your current color.

6. priorwood1

Jan 11, 2010
    I like it, it does look alot better and is easier to read.
    Do you think i should keep my blog at blogspot or go with my own website and domain name?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't dealt with blogspot but I've been looking at Wordpress.com for a free blog. I'd probably go with the free option there (yourname.wordpress.com) to begin with. The free option does cut down on your options as far as things like theming, however. But I see it as a good starting point since you don't have to spend any money to find out if you are going to stay with blogging or if it is just going to be a passing fad.

8. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I have used Blogspot, and like it a little bit. It's not too hard to figure out after playing around with it. I do believe that you can simply get a domain name and use that. If I'm not mistaken, it will simply be a sort of redirection to your blogspot domain (don't quote me on this as I haven't really been in the whole website mix for a while).

About your site, I am guessing you used the recomendation from LAJ_FETT. If so, I think it was a good choice because it's definitely not bad on the eyes. One thing though, the text on the banner is a tad hard to read around the symbol.