main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What do you want and don't want to see in the new EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SatineNaberrie, Mar 14, 2015.

1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Wants

Luke to learn about Padme in the OT, but not know it's his mother.
    Naboo in the OT.
    A Vader and Luke encounter after ESB and before ROTJ, that has Luke believe there is good in him
    Manalore in OT
    Obi-wan's mission to Manalore
    Padme's family
    Events leading Vader to find out Luke is his son
    Separatist planets reaction to the new Empire

Do not wants
    Ahsoka vs Vader
    Mara Jade
    Ghost crew after ANH
    Ahsoka after ANH
    Starkiller

mes520 likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A Humanised Empire
    Acknowledgement all of SW is grey, quit this shallow and false b/w crap
    Acknowledgement the Jedi and Rebels aren't always 'good' or 'justified'

DelRiego, smoothkaz and Saga Explorer like this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    aww I want all those things

4. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Want ... anything that fits and works well :D
    Do not want ... Captain Panaka as Moff in the Galactic Empire,overusing OT references (I give Star Wars Rebels a pass),retconing anything from I-III and undermining Sidious as villain .
    And humiliating Jar Jar Binks and killing him off because ... reasons.[face_waiting]

Jesse Booth, ScorpionJedi and Gamiel like this.
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Abadacus and Slater like this.
  6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    where's Ackbar in that pic?

confession: I never read the X-Wing comics

7. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

Give them back! Please, you can have Revan, the Exile, the whole era, all of it, just give us back the greatest Star Wars Duo/Couple ever. Make them the ancestors of Kerra Holt as a bonus and I would forgive all sins and transgressions, past and future, for all eternity.

8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Made a few small changes, but overall my wish list is overall the same from a previous thread:

• Amidala: Touches on Padme's early life, Legislative Youth Program, becoming Princess of Theed, and finally Queen of Naboo. Overall I think I would like the book to take place post Battle of Naboo. Sure they won the battle, but what about all the aftermath? Casualties. It was said in AOTC, Nute Gunray was tried 4 times. Were the Gungans relations still so smooth? For author, Luceno is my choice.
    • Organa: Not Leia, but her adoptive father, Bail Organa. Touch on Bail's early life and later marriage to Breha. His career as politician and Senator. Adopting Leia and keeping her safe from not only the Empire, but Vader. Bail's double life as an Imperial Senator and a member of the Rebel Alliance. Friendship with Mon and the other Rebels. Does Breha know about his Rebel ties? What happens to her? Finally, his final hours on Alderaan.
    • Tyranus: Apprenticeship to Yoda. The Lorian Nod incident. Friendship with Mace Windu and the other Jedi. History of the Lost Nineteen and becoming the Twentieth. Becoming a Sith and killing Sifo-Dyas. Recruiting Jango Fett and the beginning of the Clone Army. His many Padawans including Qui-Gon Jinn and hopefully Komari Vosa? The early days of CIS. It make the perfect prequel and possibly sequel novel to AOTC, since it doesn't really have one.
    • Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi Book Series or Trilogy: Takes place between TPM and AOTC. Granted we've had Jedi Quest and Rogue Planet, but I'm not sure how popular those were. Though there are a few elements from them I wouldn't mind keeping. Like Anakin sneaking out of the Temple and racing. What I would like to see in the new books is how Anakin goes from this nice kid in TPM to the bratty young man in AOTC. Now we do have some idea. The pressures he faced with being the Chosen One, Palpatine stroaking his ego, etc etc. Still, I want to see, well read it. As for Obi-Wan, show his struggles with training Anakin. His doubts about keeping his word to Qui-Gon. My choice for author, Stover or Luceno would be great though I think I'd like to see John Jackson Miller.
    • Operation: Knightfall: Not necessarily a Vader novel, I mean, sure it could easily be, but that would taking the easy way out. I was thinking it would more about the Jedi that were there that night. The ones we don't really know much about, like Cin Drallig, Bene, Jocasta Nu, Jurokk, the Padawans, and possibly even Shaak Ti. Depending if Lucasfilm make up their minds about which of her many deaths is canon. I wouldn't even mind getting some insight into what the Clone Troopers were feeling that night. As for author, I think this would be right up Matthew Stover's alley. He could tie it in perfectly with the ROTS novelization.

9. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    Early Legislative program could be interesting
    and seeing Jocasta Nu in knightfall.

mes520 likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    want:

- stronger OT-PT connections

- Emperor Mas Amedda

- Luceno and Stover

Don't want:

- Rakata and Celestials

- KJA, Denning, or Karpyshan

- Starkiller

- Vitiate

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Don't we already have, like, three different threads like this one?

Force Smuggler, Gamiel and Slater like this.
  12. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    no I haven't seen one.

There other is what you want from the LU into EU or what you want expanded from the LU into EU
    This is about what you want and don't want in the new EU regardless

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

Vthuil likes this.
  14. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    I'd like to see a more mathematical and reasoned approach rather than crazyness/poweroftheplot and I'd like nature to play only a small part in the galaxy.

Most technological items should have *'s:

Sure, you can create a droid like Guri that can do everything but, chances are that it will become sentient/suicidal and it will not be well adjusted and it will also be incredibly expensive.

Main character demographics and behavior should match the population of that area of the galaxy or faction.

If a faction is made up primarily of female duros that like caf with sugar then the majority of the time the main characters in the faction should not be white human males that like caf with milk.

A species should not stay in the galaxy and be relevant if the species cannot be written in an interesting way without overwriting most of the characteristics.

Most decisions should be sane and technology should not all end up being lost.

The Galactic population should be retconned to be far lower so that a decent % of the galaxy is actually involved in intergalactic affairs.

15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not exactly getting what this means either.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If you have to ask it wouldn't mean much to you anyway.

17. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Don't worry Coop, I miss Tycho and Winter almost as much as I miss Zayne and Jarael.

Maybe Tycho and Winter will show up in Rogue One, and MAYBE THERE COMMAND SHIP WILL BE CALLED THE ROGUE MOON YES, I'M GRASPING WHY DO YOU ASK??

CooperTFN likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Oh, wait, I could have just clicked on the image.

The X-Wing comics version of them, art-wise, never made much of a dent on my mind, mainly because I read the books first.

19. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014
    First 2 will never happen, and tbh they sound incredibly boring

20. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    You really don't see a Bail Organa novel as plausible? Dude founded the Rebellion, is a recurring character on Rebels, and could be a good bridge between the PT and OT. For the same reasons I wouldn't see it being particularly boring.

mes520, Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  21. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    Padme's early life I think could be interesting. Not everyone will agree though, but it could make for a good drama and I like good drama. Not everything has to be about action to me, but not everyone has the same taste in genres.

The Extreme Moderate and mes520 like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More stories with these two are needed period!

23. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014
    Not the way it was presented. Could easily happen but the book would have significant space battles and/or Jedi and/or action etc. with the political history and family stuff being a side note.

It does for it to be published as Star Wars though.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More lead up to AOTC from the Separatist side. The whole Separatist crisis, the creation of the CIS etc.

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Just give Miller some more SW work in general, he has so far done the only good new novel.

whiskers and Force Smuggler like this.