main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What do you want for Xbox 720?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    What do you want to see with the Xbox 720 (or Xbox 8). I want to keep my current Gamerscore, have a better version of Kinect, and full backwards compatibility with both Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Trimaj and hunter77 like this.
  2. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Good specs that will last a good while, before being really outdated. Bluray player. No always online! Hopefully free Live. Low noise, and small size. Good quality, no RROD or other errors. Backwards compebility, and able to play used games. Im still not sure which console i will get first, new Xbox or new Playstation.

Trimaj likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wouldn't Microsoft need permission from Sony to add a Blu-Ray player to it?

4. hunter77

Sep 8, 2012
    No idea, i imagine they would pay them for a license or something, to be able to use it. I also think i'v already heard some rumors, that they will be using it. I mean if the next Xbox dosn't use Bluray, i think it will have a magor disadvantage. Seeing as the PS4 will, and the games will get bigger.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The just need to license it from the Blu-ray consortium.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Good games.

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    KOTOR3

Trimaj and Ambervikings91 like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want it to do my homework and write my thesis while I go outside and play.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    yep, kotor 3

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I WULD LIEK A NEW BATTLEFONT GAME, AMIRITE jp-30?

Darth_Invidious and jp-30 like this.
  11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Backwards compatible with at least the last gen (360), the ability to play offline, the ability to not have to buy Kinect. No, that is not the future of gaming. No. Never. Neither is IlumiRoom. Never.

Specs somewhere between mid and high PCs currently. A hard-hitting must-have game exclusive to the next Xbox.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This is the most important bit for me. I am done with motion controlled gaming and voice commands. DONE. I simply have no interest in it and will not use it. And the thought of installing a camera pointed at my couch that some faceless corporation has access to is way, way, waaay, too 1984 for my tastes.

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Xbox needs more exclusives, the main reason I got a PS3 was the better and more numerous exclusives for the system. Halo and Gears of War are all that seems to be left minus some XBLA titles. The last Fable was a Kinect game soooo.....

I love me so Halo and Gears of War, but its not worth the system alone anymore.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    ha microsoft would never give free xbox live. they always want to take your money. I also heard that you may have to buy a new kinect for it. :(

15. hunter77

Sep 8, 2012
    Well i just said what i wanted, i doubt they would do all that. And yea i heard about the always online, and always kinect. If thats true, they are just making me even more sure of not buying their product.

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The always Kinect I could see happening, but the always online just is not good business sense. You cut off a portion of your customers when doing that. Maybe next-next gen when the internet infrastructure is much better.