main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you want more: Animation or Live Action?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jengafett, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Which type of tv action would you want more for Star Wars. Please post reasons why as well.

I want Animation. Clone Wars rocked, and you could have any character from the saga, having a different voice wouldn't really matter. We could have adventures with Luke. Boba Fett. Early adventures of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan and Anakin.

With live action, there are limits, you couldn't really get characters from the saga. The only possibles are Boba Fett, Vader or C-3PO and R2-D2 as they could have a good voice impersonator. But if they had different actors playing roles like Obi-Wan or Luke, then it wouldn't be Star Wars, and if it was characters we'd never heard of, it still wouldn't be Star Wars.

In Animation, you could have any creatures you want, but in Live action, there's a budget.

That's why I think Animation is better.

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    It doesn't really matter, we'll get both ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Darth-Kyp

Darth-Kyp Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2004
    Live action. Yeah it would be hard to pull it off, but it would be awesome. I thougth Mark Hamill might play Luke if he is involved with it, so you'd least have one character back.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I want both, and in 2007 we get the enitre saga in 3d. Man, star wars ain't coming to an end.

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Animation.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Afghanistanimation!

7. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Live-action, all the way.

8. Phredreeke87

Phredreeke87 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd like to see Mark Hamill as an aged jedi master, either in a live action series or another movie trilogy. Also I'd like to have Warwick Davis as a jedi.

9. Jediknight_Wendy

Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    Animation is the way to go there are some things you can't do in live action without a huge buget and is for the most part cheap if its animated most of the voice actors were great in clone wars the only one that got on my nerves was anakin's and another note i dont think if you made stars into a live action tv show it could be passed off very well without it looking cheesy like all the others out there i couldent stand to see star wars degraded in terms of visual quality to something of a avrage episode of babalon five or star trek..if they did it i would perfer it to be a live action tv-movie with at decent buget to work with the dune movie scifi channel released was VERY impressive and if star wars went in that direction i dont feel it would be a bad one it would be a great if star wars if animated could get a bit more of a mature look to it i love the orginal look to clone wars but the anime freak in me wants to see something on par with quality of ghost in the shell or ninja scroll in terms of quality

10. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    What do you want more: Animation or Live Action?

Both for me. :D :cool:

11. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Both. Your right tho, live action has it's limits. Maybe a fully CGI movie?

12. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I would prefer animation set in the distant past or shortly after ROTJ....I am sure Hamill would be willing to do the voice of Luke

13. CloneTrooper_3000

CloneTrooper_3000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    If I had to pick one over the other, I'd go with animation, mainly for the reasons that were already mentioned. Besides, I loves me some cartoons.

14. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Theoretically I would vouch for a live action series, but I'm a bit skeptical as to how well they could pull it off. See the thing with animation is, it's already obviously fake, and if you don't mind that, than they can really do anything. I'm afraid that the live action tv series won't hold up with the live action movies in terms of special effects quality. They obviously can't top the quality of a feature length movie that took three years to make, so the quality can only go down. With animation though, it's different. I would be interested in seeing a cgi series. That would be the best of both worlds.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Live action without a doubt. Even the best animation doesn't measure up.

16. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Live action absolutely..as much as i love the animation, it's just not quite right. Padme's eyeballs are huge in volume 2. what is that?

17. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    I am down with both but I love the animation in the Clone Wars series. I wish there were more comics books that had that look.

If there is a TV show I just hope that it takes place during the Clone Wars or earlier since I don't like the post RotJ period.

18. Red_Lightsaber_Candy

Red_Lightsaber_Candy Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    I really like both. Animation would be great for some of the earlier periods - before EpIII or even in between OT episodes. Live action would be great for post OT.

19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am cool with either as long as Star Wars does not end.

20. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I love the animation, but live action sounds neat.

What the heck, Live Action.

21. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    L I V E - A C T I O N ! :cool:

22. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Live action. And you don't have to use central characters. I've been working on an idea that I'm going to make into a fantvshow (episode version of fanfilm kinda)... and you can always toss Vader into the mix... thats my season finale by the way. :p

Animation should continue, but not as the main focus. It shouldn't be a big dramatic storyline like it is now. Just some kinda casual fun stuff.

23. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Both.

I want the live action TV show set in between ROTS and ANH, and the cartoon set at anytime. Hell, they could even do the thrawn trilogy.

24. JediMasterSamurai

JediMasterSamurai Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    CG or just plain animated. I'm an anime fan, but I'd really rather not see a straight-up Star Wars anime. I say, Batman: The Animated Series style animation, with that kind of treatment it would rock. I mean, let's face it, most animators tend to be Star Wars fans...you bring in the whole Live Action element and all of a sudden it becomes more about the budget than anything. I think a Live Action show would piss off fans more than anything that's been done to date. Of course, that doesn't mean it couldn't work, or that I wouldn't watch it... I'd just be ready for the lowest piece of crap that can be made to make a buck. Animation is style and art, live action TV shows tend to be poorly acted and have extremely lame plot-lines. Regardless, Star Wars has some of the most picky fans in existence. Even an extremely well made show, by TV standards, probably wouldn't meet up to our expectations of depth and mythology. Star Wars is a rich universe, and I highly doubt they'd bring it to life properly. But, as I said, I'd still give it a chance.
    Animation is really the better medium here, in my opinion. CGI, well that'd be something to write home about...

25. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I personally prefer live action. The Clone Wars cartoons are great and all but I'm not a big fan of anime. The fact that they used this animation style is the only gripe I have about Clone Wars.

Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.