What do you want to see in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by sidra, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    I always thought that the ' devotion ' was just the urgency that Leia had impressed on R2 to get the information through or maybe a priority command code. What if it's a combination of ideas? He gets one memory wipe to forget Padme/Anakin but when Leia gets him, she stops getting the wipes done. there should be plenty of time for R2 to develop his loyal personality for Leia & want to do anything shes said would be important. Besides, R2 would know what the plans were that he was carrying which would give the little guy added incentive to get them through. Then later when he gets to hook up to the ballte stations computer, he has a chance to update the plans from what he already had stored so the Rebels had the most current information available to them.
  2. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    R2 will fake getting wiped. He is the keystone of all 6 movies, he must prevail.

3. sidra Jedi Knight

star 2
    A friend of mine and I were talking about what we thought it would take to push Anakin to the dark side and we wanted to see...

1. Obi-Wan find out about the wedding and betray Anakin to the counsil (which would lead to his dismissal, in shame, from the counsil)

2. Anakan to find out he has a son (not a daughter though) and that Obi-Wan hid the son from him. In the OT Vader never seemed supprised he had a son. I think he just didn't know where to look for him.

3. These two events and Padme leaving him (probably because of his association with the now meaner Palpy) would be enough to push him over the edge.

...plus I believe Anakin does what he does because the universe needs "order" and he thinks the ends justify the means. The old republic didn't crumble it simply went looking for safty during the "Clone Wars" and trusted in the wrong person or people.

We also discussed the possibility that Anakin hides Luke from Palpy, because once the "order" is acheived his son will be safe in the galaxy. (This might be brought on by the fact that he looses several good friends during the "Clone Wars". I don't think this one is that believable..... I know I really need to get a life! :)
  4. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Not bad Emerald, but that still doesn't explain the "He's looking for his Former Master" equation.
  5. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi Wan said ' I dont seem to remember owning a droid. True enough, as far as we know R2 was never property of Obi Wan. I think Leia gave R2 a priority command that overrides normal programming & she could have said' you are now property of Obi Wan, priority find him & give him this information.' This could also explain why C3PO knows Leia in space but doesn't know her on Tatooine. A priority code (for security reasons) to claim they were owned by CPT Antilles & he's 'not quite sure' who leia is but that she was 'someone of some importances'.

I personally think they both recieved at least one memory wipe but the idea 'jorg' brings up has a presedent in the EU (I know, not Canon) but Corran Horn used to get his droid, Whisler, wiped, but just before the wipe, Whisler would D/L his core personality into a main frame computer & retrieve it later so it could ALL be true. The reason I think R2 DID get a wipe though is because he would have (at SOME point) told luke about Anakin, Padme & Palpatine. With Luke wanting information about his mother, surely he would have used R2 to try to find out information after the fall of Coruscant, if not before.
  6. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    R2-D2 = The original IHB
  7. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
  8. thraken76 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good point Seb, but if that was the case we'd have to add this scene at the end of ESB:

Medical droid: *pokes Luke's new hand*

Luke: "ouch"

R2-D2: "beep beep beep beep"

C3P0: "Master Luke, it seems R2 has something to tell you."

R2-D2: "beep beep beep beep... beep beep"

C3P0: "yes... Quite strange, but R2 here says that Darth Vader is really your father, and that he will temp you to join him."

Luke: *pulls out blaster and frys R2-D2*

Luke: "thats better"
  9. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We don't know what Leia did to R2-D2 other then give him plans.

We know R2-D2 says, "Former Master" according to Luke. That means something.

Why didn't R2-D2 tell Luke about everyone? Well, we won't know that for sure till the next film, but then again...after 20 years, it may be that R2-D2 doesn't know Darth Vader is Lukes father...seriously, how would R2 know?

Episode III will be able to clear this up. I think C3PO gets the wipe and R2 doesn't, but isn't around when Luke and Leia get named, or later, just doesn't realize that Vader is Anakin.

Then again, if we go expanded universe, we could just say this is an excentric R2 unit. Maybe he doesn't want to tell anyone anything! Or better yet, is trying to constantly tell but no one can understand him but C3PO who thinks he's full of it anyway. haha..
  10. zuckuss1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i agree with the jar jar dying thing. also, more kit fisto fighting.
    and zuckuss
  11. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I suggested over the the spoiler forum long ago that it would be cool to see a large group of Bounty Hunters hired by the Empire to hunt down the Jedi...included in that bunch are all the crew from Empire. Now a bunch of those guys would then get wasted, but the implication being that the handful that remain and return in ESB were tough enough to take out some Jedi, thereby being the best of the best. Course now, with the whole Boba being a kid storyline, that wouldn't work.

What I really, really want to see is the idea that not even Palpatine can control Anakin, and he secretly helps Obi-Wan defeat him in order to contain his power better.

Also, I think Anakin should know that Padme's pregnant and be expecting at least one of the kids. Different ways to go about it, but basically, the "death" of his child is the last straw that sends Anakin to the darkside. Nice bit of Anakin's character development and different implications for the OT would be schweet.
  12. The_bald_ewok Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do I want to see in Episode 3...how about an Episode 3. If profits turn sour like its indication it could be possible that O' george may not film another. Profits from the previous movie are what funds the next one!
  13. Jedi_Gepper Jedi Master

star 3
    Knock on wood, but I wouldn't be worrying too seriously about "Episode III." not getting made. I think with both domestic and foreign box office, the movie will do exceedingly well when compared to its budget. Plus, there are always the toys, oh so many toys. Then Mr. Lucas runs so many other little companies and such. I don't think a shortage of cash will keep the movie from seeing the light of day. I also believe that Lucas's obsessive nature would force him to do the next one regardless of the cost. Sleep soundly, ye who doubt! There is one less thing about which to worry concerning "Episode III."
  14. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    What is actually going to go down in E3 is that we find out that Padme and Palpatine have been working together from day one to take over the Republic. They both started off on Naboo and with the Dark side of the Force at work for BOTH of them, they easily rose to their positions. When Anakin was discovered, Padme was given the job of seducing him (now who was it that assigned Obi-Wan to Padme ;), which would ultimately lead to him turn him to the Dark side.

And who better to help rule the galaxy than the offspring of two people so powerful with the Force. Luke was purposely and knowingly hid by Anakin and Padme and Palpatine so that he would not be discovered in time to begin training early, so it would be easier to turn him, Leia was the same way, and with her position of power in the Rebellion, she would be useful.

Obi-Wan will kill Padme in a huge fight which will drive Anakin to try and kill Obi-Wan which will throw him into a lava pit.

Oh yeah, Padme is Palpatines daughter!

Chew on that!
  15. QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Master

star 4
    R2 is the chosen one, not Anakin!

:D
  16. Anna_kin Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOOOOOH! Good one, WhoJedi! But don't you think Obi-Wan would have a major attack of conscience killing Padme (or trying to kill Anakin, actually)? There has to be a point where his relationship with Anakin falls apart so much that he WANTS to kill him.
  17. sidra Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's great WhoJedi! You know I remember reading on the net (so it must be true) that a line was cut from AOTC where Yoda tells Padme she's very stong in the force.
    Hmmmm... interesting.
    Oh, by the way, I believe the line was suppossed to be in the cancelor's office. Spoken in front of Palpy. [face_mischief]
  18. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow. If Padme was a bad all this time, I'd have to recant every bad thing I've ever said about Lucas. Not only would it be original, but a damn fine twist to this nutty saga.
  19. Anna_kin Jedi Knight

star 2
    But, if Padme wanted to seduce Anakin, wouldn't she have just done it that time when they were on the couch, instead of saying no?
  20. Spencerian Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want to see Dooku dead, dead, dead. He was that cool of a villain to see Yoda finally end as a Bad Guy should.

Perhaps this may be the presumed fight with a dark Jedi that Yoda has on Dagobah, creating the "nexus" of dark Force energy in what we know as the Cave in ESB. Having that Cave supposedly masks Yoda's sun-bright Force presence from the Emperor and Vader later. Based on what I've seen and heard, both the Mean E and Vader presume Yoda is very dead.

I also want to see Padme live on, to maybe die of a broken heart, or maybe assume a new guise (Mom Mothma anyone???) Ever since I heard of this theory, especially since LFL does not allow any character changes with the character, it could be interesting.

We are going to see Anakin as basically a torso by the time that E3 is over, but I really want to see him transformed there before the traditional guise of Vader in the same dark clothing as Vader, minus the mask. It could show the last of Anakin's humanity before his climatic battle with Obi-Wan.

Oh, yes--and more buttkicking by Mace and all the Jedi. I like the idea of Mace sacrificing himself to save the OT characters. I would like to have the cute little child padawans spirited away, too. Makes a logical move since Luke has to find Force sensitives his age or a little older later for the New Jedi order.
  21. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anna_kin,

Isn't more desireable to win a girls heart that first says no?
  22. Anna_kin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Point. Plus, that would make it seem like she WASNT trying to seduce him. Like reverse psychology, or something.

By the way, I read your AOTC review, bryguy
  23. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    eve tempted adam with an apple; she used a space pear.
    besides, simply "gettin' some" wouldn't be sufficient to turn him to the dark side. constantly teasing his loins without release has been known to produce that effect.

r2 seems to know his way around tattooine too well to have his memory wiped. i just think he's a jedi in programming. to let luke know everything without having first attained the discipline to handle the information would have been careless. i'm still convinced yoda hid the secret teachings of the jedi order within r2 so that one day luke would find them and complete his understanding of the jedi order & why it failed.

one line from episode 4 that always bugged me: "obi wan kenobi? surely he must be dead by now." - grand moff tarkin

it almost infers that the empire knows that jedi are still about and that vader hadn't killed them all. i think that palpatine, having the army, convinces the senate that they no longer need the jedi (as they were unable to sense the coming conflict) and forces them in to early retirement (making hunting them down & killing them a matter of time & patience for vader).
  24. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Or they had a ' hit list ' & Obi Wan was one of the Jedi not marked off. With so few left, they were deemed no threat to the Empire.
  25. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i don't think vader "knew" about luke. i think he felt a tremor in the force. that same tremor he mentions in episode 4 while talking to tarkin. same conversation as above, in fact.

"HE is here."- vader
    "obi wan kenobi? what makes you think so?"-tarkin
    "a tremor in the force. i last felt it in the presence of my old master."- vader
    "surely he must be dead by now"- tarkin
    "he isn't... and don't call me shirley"- vader

the tremor isn't kenobi, it's luke being smuggled by kenobi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.