Indi, IN What do you want to see in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by sidra, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Alright, I just finished my 57th viewing of AOTC and I just now put two and two together and found some more things to support my theory posted earlier in this thread (the correct theory).

Padme is under the influence of Palpatine, and this is very obvious in two places:

1) When Palpatine says that he is "fairly confident" that she would do what he instructs in regards to Padme leaving Corusant for "protection" via Anakin.

2) Why else would Padme leave Jar Jar in charge of her senatorial duties while she is away? Because her and Palpatine arranged it and made sure that Jar Jar was at the meeting in Palpatines office when they talked about giving the the Chancellor emergency powers.

Also, to support my "Padme has Force powers" theory, think about the jump she made from the arena pillar onto the Reek with Anakin.

On a side note, I am starting to think that Palpatine is actually a clone of Darth Sideous. He was placed on Naboo and won the senatorial seat and moved up from there. With both Palpatine and Padme working for Sideous, this allowed him to do other work, such as ordering a clone army from the Kaminos after he faked his death and left the Jedi Order. Darth Sideous was formerly known as Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. The Dark Side has clouded his identity and presence from the Jedi Council.

This also explains why the Clone Army was ordered by Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, supposedly after his "death", and also why Jango Fett had never heard of him. Sideous has Count Dooku aka Darth Tyrannus recruit him for the Clone job. Dooku was already working for Sideous even before he left the Jedi Order. He hired Jango, then returned to Corusant and erased all records of Kamino from the Jedi Archives in order to hide the building of the Clone Army.

Jango was chosen because when the time is right, it will be easy for the Supreme Chancellor to order the Clone Army to be under his control and not that of the Republic. Welcome to the creation of the Empire.

When the time is right and Palpatine has declared himself Emperor, Sideous will "eliminate" him and assume the role himself.

More to come later, that is alot for you guys to think about right now.
  2. sidra Jedi Knight

star 2
  3. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to crap can your whole theory, but don't forget that Palpy used to be the senator for Naboo, the position now held by Padme. Wouldn't it look awful bad for the Republic should the current senator from Naboo go against the desires of the former senator from Naboo? Padme wants the Republic to stay together, and thinks of Palpy as the guy to do it, mainly cuz he's just like her.

Are you more likely to believe someone from Indy, or that whack job, dork wad NOT_JJ from Chicago? The choice is easy.
  4. NOT_JediJeff Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeeesh. What a frickin' idiot.

Up yours JJ13!! B@stard. Enjoy your nap tonight, as a fork a sawbuck off to the Sandman to place Krazyglue in your eyes, moron.
  5. Anna_kin Jedi Knight

star 2
    GEEZ. I'm gonna take a few days to process all that, lemme get back to you....

Seriously, where do you find the time and/or brains, WhoJedi? I mean, that all makes perfect sense! I would never have noticed the Si-Dyas/ Sideous reference. I was totally confused about who the heck Sifo-Dyas was and WTH he had to do the the stupid movie, but now I get it!!!
  6. Spencerian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dang it, didn't we post the Palpatine/Sidious/Clone thing somewhere else?

Doesn't make it any less possible, though. It makes sense...and I got the "Sid-Dyas" reference all too quickly in the first showing. It's more possible that Master Sid-Dyas was yet another clone under Sidious' manipulation, and was the person who removed Kamino from the Jedi archives. After that mission was done, the clone was eliminated.

Obviously, the Jedi don't get the idea that the Dark Side has a "stealth" mode that jams the light side. I don't think Sidious himself is the source, however. Another plant?

Lots to think about.
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    whopimp, the multiple viewings has fried your brain...over easy with a side of bacon. :p

1. Palps is fairly confident that Padme will do as he says because he was going to give her an executive order...Padme believes in the republic, so she's going to follow it, especially from her own countryman. Padme isn't willingly helping Palps out...no one is willingly, but since he's the Keyser Soze of the SW Galaxy, everyone's working for him.

2. The Naboo and Gungans are now equals "liven' in de peace and harmony". Padme is the Senior Senator for the entire planet, but the representative of the Naboo people, Jar Jar is the Youngling senator of the palent, representing the Gungans. Her leaving would naturally place him in charge of the Senatorial duites. All of which was in Palpy's plan since he could jedi mind trick the Gungan with his persausive powers.

3. Palpatine is Sidious...no clone, no how. In the original drafts of the script, the Jedi master Syfo-Dyas was called Sido-Dyas (thought to be the mis-pronunciation of Sidious by the Kaminoins). Maybe GL thought this would be too obvious, saving the revelation of Palp's being Sidious for Dooku's explanation to Obi-Wan or for Ep3. These scenes were further muddied by the editing out of some interesting dialogue. I recall it all, but Jango says he didn't know Sifo-Dyas, he was hired by a man called Darth Tyranus...Taun We jumps in with some explanation (either during the scene or as she and Obi walk out) as to why she didn't come out and tell Jango about the Jedi ordering the army (implying that it was Dooku who masquaraded as the Jedi Council member). Obi reports that a Darth Tyranus is involved and Yoda points out with something to the effect of "with a name Darth, a sith he is".

Back to Jango being chosen, during the tour, there was some edited out dialogue of Taun We telling Obi-Wan that they had suggested cloning a Jedi, but Sifo-Dyas wanted to use this warrior instead.

Anyhow, Palpatine's obsession for power and his force abilities were probably noticed by some Sith Lord in hiding. Said Lord offers tempts him with infinate powers and Palps sees the Sith Order as a means to an end (ruling the galaxy as all super evil genius want). Palps uses the Sith way of things to get what he wants, but suprisingly he's pretty powerful himself, and takes out his master so he can take his place. Sets a few things in motion with the Trade Federation and a new apprentice (probably already talking with the other Unions and Dooku) and then Ep1 happens. No clone, same person, perfect manipulation until the last moments of ROTJ. QED

edit:
    Took out "surname Darth"...yoda talks backwards, but not that much. lol

edit #2: grammar
  8. thraken76 Jedi Knight

star 2
    WhoJedi... WTF are you thinking???
  9. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I hate it when my friends are so blatantly incorrect, but only time will prove my theory correct.

Oh yeah, Jar Jar is a Sith as well. ;)
  10. Anna_kin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sebulba: I read the AOTC book, and Taun We DOES say that to Obi-Wan, and he worries about what would happen if they did clone a Jedi and had a thousand million clones armed with the Force.

And nobody's given me an explanation about why Obi-Wan and Anakin want to kill each other!!!
  11. SnappyGalbladder Jedi Knight

Why do Obi Wan and Anakin want to kill each other? Obi Wan mistakes Anakin for "UnOriginalFryGuy" and decides to cut his F*N head off.
  12. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We all know Anakin is a hothead.

Here's the scene: Anakin is all wrapped up in himself, for being such a hero in the clone wars, and his pride takes him over to the dark side (he gets a feel for how much easy power is there, or something, and delves into it further, against the urging of Obi-wan. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Padme is knocked up and going through emotional moodswings-- seeing Anakin become this rapidly-consumed user of the dark side, she is sobbing her eyes out... When, Obi-wan stops by, looking for Anakin. Being the gallant fool that he is, Obi-wan offers Padme a shoulder to cry on, and just as the two are embraced, *knock knock* in comes Anakin! Well, he's a little bit put out by all this, and loses it. He accuses Obi-wan of violating their friendship and Jedi codes, etc, and of having an affair with Padme. Lightsabers schwing to life, and the battle finale ensues. In his newfound rage and power, Anakin first strikes at Padme, thinking he kills her (obviously not) and then he goes after Obi-wan. Probably 20 minutes of screen time will be devoted to this battle, ending up with the two locked in mortal combat near a convenient molten pit of some sort. Obi-wan finally lets loose on old boy, and knocks Anakin in--just as Sidius/Palpatine shows up. Using the force, Palpy shields Anakin from *most* of the injury.. and Obi-wan has vanished, along with Padme's "body"... Palpy takes Anakin to the local Medi-Quik, and gives him the makeover we all know and love as Darth Vader.
    Anakin's unspoken respect and admiration for Palpy culminate in his accession to Palpy's side.......... and now you know..the REST of the story. Good Day?
  13. Jedi_Dork-1138 Jedi Padawan

Yeah Snappy! I bet Anakins is about as mad at UnOriginalFryGuy as us! Let get him!
  14. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Whojedi poses some interesting points. I hope that's how it turns out. Again, it'd be original, and a huge twist to find out Padme was evil all this time! I'd be stunned.

Sad thing is, I don't think George is creative enough to pull it off. Although Whojedi, another good point to add to your theory is the fact that Lucas did not include the cut scene with Padme's family! Maybe he wanted Palpatine to be the dad! haha..

Imagine that craziness. Padme then gets pregnant, and gives birth but her children are taken from her as Obi Wan hides them. Padme uses the excuse to attack Anakin! Anakin is forced to kill Padme and his journey towards the dark side is complete. Palpatine says, "Good job boy, my new apprentice was getting tiresome daughter or not. What a bummer dude, oh well come along, let me buy you an orange smoothy." The battered and almost dead Anakin says, "Great" and they head off into the sunset(s) together to create a better Empire.

hahaha. Jar Jar a Sith? haha. Why not! That might actually be a vast improvement to his character.

Anna_kin - You mentioned you read my AOTC review. What did you think of it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.