main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania What do you want to see in Revenge of the Sith?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SweetGirl, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Why not indeed? After all, GL did step aside to a large extent on Empire Strikes Back. Irvin Kershner directed it, and brought it in millions overbudget. He had a pretty hard relationship with George Lucas throughout the making of it...but without Kersh, there's no way ESB would've been as huge a success as it was. It's always the director, not the actors, that makes a movie good or bad--otherwise every Harrison Ford movie would've been a smash every time. Steven Spielberg directing RoTS would've been a treat.

But that's off point. Other stuff I'd like to see in RoTS? Something to tie in Luke's offhand remark during "Empire" when he and Artoo first arrive on Dagobah: "Still...something familiar about this place." A reference, perhaps, to a hidden meeting with the twins on Naboo? Or even better, Yoda "meets" Luke. :D

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I love to see what could of happened if Steven Spielberg did the Prequels!

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Saintheart wrote: But that's off point. Other stuff I'd like to see in RoTS? Something to tie in Luke's offhand remark during "Empire" when he and Artoo first arrive on Dagobah: "Still...something familiar about this place." A reference, perhaps, to a hidden meeting with the twins on Naboo? Or even better, Yoda "meets" Luke.

Oh yeah, I agree fully!

As for someone above wanting a thorough tie-in to ANH, is there really that much to tie in? Isn't it almost 20 years between RotS and ANH?
    The Kids end up with their respective guardians, Obi-Wan and Yoda end up where they are, Vader and Palpatine are kicking butt, C3PO and R2D2 become droids for the Alderan Royalty,--
    Come to think of it, there's a lot to tie in, isn't there?

4. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'd like to see....Hmmm can't say that.

I know....nope, can't say that either.

What about...nope.

It's a curse when you're under a lucasfilm non-disclosure agreement. :)

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Do you feel like a man now or something?

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Only when he puts on his Episode III jacket.

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Pretty dismal reply Neech.

It had all the impotence of "am not..."

8. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    So it's safe to say then, that it scored as high as your witty, 'NeecH was just put in his subservient place' remark, eh SM?

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yeah probably, difference being I'm quite happy to let someone else have their moment with something they're obviously proud of without getting all uppity about it. :)

10. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I really liked the TIE-ins (get it? I said TIE...ah, forget it...) between Ep2 and the original trilogy. Stuff like the clone/stormtrooper armour, the walkers, and various other bits... :D
    I can't remember too many. It's been a while since I last saw the film... :p

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Do i dare ask in what way lordvaderFF, you have been involved in ROTS, which has caused you to have to keep info to yourself therefore provoking me to envy you?

12. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Saintheart wrote: Something to tie in Luke's offhand remark during "Empire" when he and Artoo first arrive on Dagobah: "Still...something familiar about this place." A reference, perhaps, to a hidden meeting with the twins on Naboo? Or even better, Yoda "meets" Luke.

It wasn't an offhand remark - Luke was sensing Yoda's presence (the whole scene builds up to it). It happens at least once in each OT movie, not so much in the PT.

13. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey R-P, not really involved.

I was invited to go to the set of Ep3 with the Editors and heads of all the Official fan clubs from around the world.

As Australia doesn't have an "Official Club" they decided to invite the longest running club in the world "Star Walking"

Problem is, I can't say much about what we saw untill it gets released to the public.

Frustration......

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yes. Yes he was.

Chris, I take my hat off to you (if I was wearing one) You are officially the only person I know who signed an NDA on those films that won't break it.

Btw, when you signed it, did you get your one dollar so they can say that you're technically an LFL employee?

16. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I was thinking the other day about the Corellian Treaty; how Bail Organa, Garm Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma agreed to join forces to form the Rebel Alliance.
    I wonder if they show that or atleast have some mention of it in the film.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Without spoiling the unspoiled, If you're wanting to see bantam books era EU mentioned at all in RotS, you're going to be dissapointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.