main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Trisdin Gheer, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Yeah there seems to be a lot of ageism against anyone in the movies over 35

T-R- and darklordoftech like this.
  2. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013

I fine young fans' lack of respect for the elderly disturbing.

No, really, I do. :(

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This is a cultural problem, which I too find disturbing and mentioned a while ago. It's as though no movie or story can have anyone over 30 in it.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    While I usually try to be as tactful as possible, with a side of snarky sarcasm, I cannot and will not hide my utter disgust with people who mention the "age argument."
    It is the same form of shortsighted, bigoted discrimination as the ones based on nationality, race, religion, gender, sexuality.

5. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013

Absolutely. To this day, I still get highly frustrated by the people who snidely mock elderly actors based on their age. I had to defend Harrison Ford reprising Indiana Jones during the years leading up to the release of the last film so regularly that I started to run out of ways to politely state my opinion on the matter.

It would give me no greater pleasure than to see Ford, Hamill and Fisher return to the franchise with their age making their characters even more badass and compelling than when they were young. I don't care if Fisher or Hamill particularly don't look all that great (aka "marketable to the kid/teen demographics") anymore, they deserve to return and prove the skeptics wrong.

6. warmaster tsavong lah

warmaster tsavong lah Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2013
    Would love to see the vong Invasion plain and simple

7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I would love to see a mirroring of the opening of episode 4 - Leia being pursued by sinister agents, tho now no longer a Princess but a Queen/Chancellor. Would be fun if She had a large ship and was being chased by lots of smaller ones. Pirates? Remnants? Then the Falcon and a few X wing mark III's to the rescue....... (just a thought)

HankSolo likes this.
  8. CryGoneGin

Aug 28, 2013

At the very least, keep the tradition of the films opening with a spaceship shot. It's these films' equivalent of the Paramount logo fading into a mountain-shaped object in the Indiana Jones movies.

whostheBossk and Immortiss like this.
  9. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Wookies, I want to see a full-on Wookies assault.

10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    More species that don't speak basic. Or don't prefer to at least.

Jabari likes this.
  11. The battle of MAW station

The battle of MAW station Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2013
    I would like see Assage Ventress in a live action role in ST. According to the timeline of 'The Clone Wars' she would be pretty old for the ST, but anything is possible I guess. I wonder what well known actress would be best for the role? Or would an unknown be best for the role?

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    - The big 4. (Lando too), But have Luke the only one with a large role.
    - Jedi Master luke as the head of a new council with a great looking beard.
    - Luke in a great lightsaber fight
    - Han & Chewie in the Falcon for one last flight, then passing the ship on to the new generation.
    - Star Destroyers
    - Children of Han & Leia learning to use the force.
    - A brand new interesting Sith. I simply can't understand why people don't want this. The force may have been "balanced" but that doesn't it can't change again.
    - A Jar Jar cameo. Yes, that's what I said, however, have him completely different. - old, mature and not annoying. I'd like to see the guy in a very positive light.
    - The Cantina
    - The Empire still at large
    - The Rebel Alliance bigger than ever
    - X-Wing's
    - R2 & 3P0 talking about things that happened in the OT.
    - Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan's force ghost.
    - A child of Leia or Luke learning that their grandfather was a Sith, and struggling with it.
    - A huge space battle with dogfights.
    - Han, Leia's or Lando's death in episodes 7 or 8.
    - Luke's death in episode 9.
    - A brand new hero not related to any other characters, coming from nothing and becoming a Jedi.
    - Gritty Naboo Starfighters in the rebel alliance fleet.
    - Watto
    - A plot that changes the way we look at the saga. (No longer just the story of Anakin & Luke)

My mind is really starting to think of so many possibilities but I'll stop there.

What I definitely do NOT want to see are bad guys being resurrected like the Emperor, Vader, Boba Fett or especially Darth Maul. ...You simply can't have a character be halved and fall down what appears to be a bottomless pit and have him survive. To have him come back in Clone Wars was idiotic.

whostheBossk and CryGoneGin like this.
  13. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

Darth Yub Yub

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rays of blue and skies of white.

15. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Han Solo
    Luke as the greatest Jedi Master of all-time
    Princess Leia Organa as strong as she was in Episode IV
    Bad guys having success when you don't expect them to
    A hero who uses his wits to outclass his opponents

T-R- likes this.
  16. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    This thought came to me while making another post.

In the OT we seemed to a couple........Force ability moments. Luke using the Force to get his lightsaber when the Wampa has him. Yoda lifting the X-Wing. Maybe even the Emperor with the Force Lightning. These were big moments, with characters doing big things with the force. In each case they built up tension and drama etc.... Off the top of my head I don't remember anything like that in the PT. Its almost like the Force wasn't as special. It was easier in the PT. Even the Force Battle between Yoda and Dooku, it was cool to watch but lacked that "holy crap" factor that some of the OT feats had. I think just the fact that 2 men were using the force so.......easily.

In the ST I'd like to see a few big moments with Characters really working to pull off something special with the Force. Maybe this is a bit too big, but it gets the idea across

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    You know, I think what I want to see most is more emotion.

From the swell of music that emotes Luke's longing for adventure as he stares off into the sunsets to the raw emotion of Luke battling his father and facing down the dark side in the final duel, I think Star Wars is best when it gets the emotions right. Much as I like the flashy duels of the Prequels, the final Luke/Vader duel is still my favorite because of what's going on underneath the surface. It's not just win or die, it's win or lose your soul.

And...the list:
    1. FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER!!!! (well written, not a damsel, with a compelling story arc, good non-stereotypical characterization...you know, written like a person.)
    2. gender equality throughout all main, secondary, minor characters, extras, and aliens.
    3. more than one non-white human. If Lando is back, there should be someone not related to him.
    4. major character(s) that are aliens. A female Twi'lek who is not a dancer/slave, particularly. A good mix of old and new species.
    5. keep the love story a B plot, and have a female character who is not involved in one.
    6. No more than half of the main characters are Force Users.
    7. Characters like Jaina Solo, Jag Fel, Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, Ganner, Corran, Mirax, Booster, Annileen, Thrawn, Piggy, Nawara Ven, Ooryl, Daala, Isard, Pellaeon, Winter, etc.
    8. bring some mystery back.
    9. NO Yuuzhan Vong.
    10. Wedge Antilles.
    11. Luke as Jedi Grand Master - but of a smaller, more intimate group of Jedi. (If he dies, he must become a Force Ghost!)
    12. The new Jedi Order does not fall into the same traps as the old one. I'd like to think that the Jedi can remain true to their calling as keepers of the peace for at least 30 years before going downhill again.
    13. If Han has to die, he goes out in a blaze of glory that furthers the story arc of the new protagonists. Leia dies with him or NOT AT ALL. Under NO circumstances can Leia become the "Refrigerator Woman".
    14. Chewbacca lives (at least at the beginning. He can die with Han if he must.) Sernpidal never happened!
    15. Luke may be married to Mara Jade (because she's awesome), but if not, he should have remained single.
    16. Orange, yellow, and silver lightsabers. (preferrably with Corran Horn as a very minor character ;) ) Sith/dark side are still restricted to red (and maybe purple).
    17. Pilots.
    18. Not everyone is 16-30 years old. Throw in some older characters (and important older female characters, since that rarely happens).
    19. Fantastic villains. Mix of lightsaber users (for the duels) and military/whatever. I assume there's a war of some sort...
    20. A planet with rings, so we can see the view from the surface.
    21. This is a universe that looks lived-in. Most stuff has been used. Shiny newness stands out.
    22. Don't jump straight to the Save The Universe level of action. Build up to it. Take a hint from Kenobi and ANH and start off small and intimate. Luke had to work his way up to being worthy of Darth Vader and the Emperor's time.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    Female leads don't sell tickets.

NO

Psmoke likes this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It's Star Wars. It will sell tickets, regardless.
    You might as well as swim against the tide. As a male, I would be all for a female lead.

20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Sounds like a good idea to me.

21. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    As of now I want this:

22. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Lots of politics. I saw the OT as shallow action movies until TPM was released.

23. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Yes they do. You just need a good movie with adequate promotion. Also, this is Star Wars. If any franchise can mix up its lead character and still sell a bajillion tickets, it's Star Wars. If Star Wars leads, other films will follow. This can only be a good thing.

See also: Gravity, Alien (and its sequels), Kill Bill, Wizard of Oz (and its many copies), Titanic, Legend of Korra, Hunger Games, Tomb Raider, Gone With The Wind, Orange Is The New Black, much as I hate to admit it, Twilight, any given Disney princess....

Why not? Everything but orange is canon, according to the last episode of Clone Wars... and Nick Gillard requested a yellow lightsaber for Cin Drallig, but the Powers That Be either forgot or nixed it, since he didn't have the star power of Samuel L. "I want a purple lightsaber" Jackson. :D

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Female leads don't sell tickets to people who don't want girl cooties in their Star Wars.

25. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I'm really hoping that minor characters--to be included in the ST--will carve out their own niche into fandom; much like Bossk, IG-88 and Greedo did based off of their limited appearances. That kind of thing always lends itself to the creative process 'cause writers have so many characters to choose from going forward.

whostheBossk and Jabari like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.