main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you watch more: the prequels, or the classic triloy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by The Gatherer, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I watch both equally and I never fast forward anything. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

2. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    I don't watch TPM that much, but I do watch AOTC alot. Over-all though I watch the OT the most.

3. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I tend to watch the prequels slightly more than the OT.

4. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I tend to watch the prequels more only because they show Attack of the Clones a lot on HBO. If they showed the OT on HBO (which I highly doubt) then I would watch the OT more than I do the PT.

5. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    In the old days, a movie like The Empire Strikes Back would be shown on HBO almost every other week. It is true that the old movies dont get as much promotion or broadcasting as their newer counterparts do.

6. Ein_Miu_Core

Ein_Miu_Core Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    I've always been far too obsessed with the originals :)

I use to watch RotJ like twice a week, then switch to ESB, and then ANH, I watch episode II more than I watch episode I, but I've watched and continue to watch the originals uncountable many of times hehe, I know I'm obsessed, I think and talk about star wars all day! But hey, thats the life of a Star Wars geek hehe

7. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Considering there is no VCR or TV in my architecture studio, I have to watch DVDs on my laptop. But things'll change come September 21st.

8. Ein_Miu_Core

Feb 20, 2004
    Oh that stinks :( at least you'll get to watch em soon :)

9. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Yes, the release on DVD of the OT is long overdue methinks. :)

10. Ein_Miu_Core

Feb 20, 2004
    in a way I dont, being that Mr. Lucas is an expert buisnessman, and if he didnt make us wait, then it wouldnt be as popular :D, by the common folk. non-absolute star wars fanatics. *points to self* hehe

11. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    I watch the Prequels more.

They look better, have more interesting characters, more inventive environments and the storyline is more complex, sweeping and epic. The new films are closer to Lucas's earlier works than ESB & ROTJ were. These films feel more personal and have a uniformity of style lacking in the OT.

In fact, I can't watch the OT w/out watching the PT first these days.

12. Ein_Miu_Core

Feb 20, 2004
    I dont agree with that at all, the storyline for the OT was absolutely perfect. And it always had that kind of ancient/dark feel to it.

13. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I agree. I prefer the "roughness" of the OT to the pomp and circumstance of the PT.

14. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I know that I've watched the CT more than I've watched TPM and AotC, but recently I watch the prequels more because they're on DVD. And my tapes are beginning to sound funny because I've watched them so much.

15. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    YEah, I watch both the same amount when I'm home home. But when I'm at college home, I have only a DVD player and so I watch the PT more often.

16. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I watch the CT more, and the PT documentaries more than the PT. I'm not anti-PT, but I don't have much desire to repeat my experience with it, except in the work they did to create it. That's very interesting.

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.