main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do your eyes want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Voidraker, as an easter egg somewhere in the background.

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    1- Mandalorians

2- A battle in water -- lightsabers or gun fight in waste deep water. (See Excalibur)

3- Someone playing sabacc

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Like! Quick aside, is sabacc technically a creation of the West End Games book from 87? I know it has roots in scripts, so it seems like one of those EU items that would be an easy addition to the movies.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not sure.

I just know that the game involves these cards (chips) that are like mini I-pads with data screens that change suits and stuff. It would make for a cool little intro to some seedy underworld.

LawJedi likes this.
  5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm shocked Filoni hasn't used Sabacc yet. Maybe gambling is verboten on CN.

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
  7. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    We deserve to see the game played at last.

8. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    LOL. Whether or not we get that will depend on how Disney will choose to release the film, but it BETTER start with "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

And of course the opening crawl as it has been done for all the other movies.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I wasn't quite sure where to place this but I think this qualifies. I would like to see a character who is a preverbial cyberpunk sort who has neural implants which allow him or her to access the Holonet and hack it like no other, sort of like an ultimate Slicer character. Aside or along with it some in depth use of the Holonet.

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Like Lobot?

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well sort of. Lobot is a criminal who was lobotamized(sp). I want to see someone plug in like Case from Neromancer or Neo and gang from The Matrix and play on the Holonet.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see the Lucasfilm logo and not the Disney logo when the movie starts.

13. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    A Dark Jedi or Sith in Mandalorian armor that duels with two sabers, something like a combination of Iron Man, Boba/Jango, with force powers. The armor is any color but green and blue since Boba and Jango were already those colors.

Orange and yellow lightsabers.

Mandalore and Corellia.

For the movie to be shot in 3D and not converted to 3D, imagine going into hyper-space in 3D. If you don't like 3D then don't watch it in 3D.

A lightsaber duel in zero gravity.

Slow motion shots during space battles and lightsaber duels.

14. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Also a lightsaber battle in the rain, sizzling every time rain touches the blade.

Krueger likes this.
  15. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm a sucker for space ships, so I eagerly await new designs for both the capital ships and the fighters. Even better, seeing the familiar forms of the Falcon and Luke's X-Wing juxtaposed against them - the old on top of the new.

+1 for more lightsaber colors.

Something with wheels. Ground vehicles tend to be either speeders or walkers. Grievous had his glorified hamster wheel in Ep. III, and some of the droid army had wheels, but that's about it. There's something to be said about a vehicle having contact with the ground. It gives it a sense of realism.

From a film making standpoint, I'd like to see a better use of lighting to enhance the story. It doesn't have to mimic the Luke vs. Vader silhouette confrontation from ESB, but something that evokes that same sort of drama and meaning. It's hard to do well - see Anakin brooding before Yoda when describing his perpetual nightmares as a way to do it wrong - but when it is executed well, it's magnificent.

From the sound department, maybe a lightsaber battle without music? The sounds of shuffling feet, grunted intent, and the distinct sizzle of lightsaber contacting lightsaber could be a very dramatic moment. Instead of feeling epic, it would feel intensely personal, and more than a bit wrong. I can't help but believe that would have made the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight better.

16. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    One, but not more than one, of the planets mentioned offhand in the films. Just for kicks. Dantooine, Subterrel, Kessel, Ord Mantell, Sullust...and there are probably more places mentioned but not shown.
    I'd like to see young men and women train at the Academy to become pilots...if it suits the plot obviously is obvious.
    Less lightsabers and gimmicks, more story and character and heart.
    Less Jedi and Sith, more..others.
    Tone down the number of aliens.

17. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Badass acting, beautiful Scenery and a storyline that ill be proud to explain to my kids when im older......just carry it on the way it is![face_mischief]

18. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
  19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    1, More Grit, Mood and tones. I love Empire for this. I dunno, despite a visual progression from TPM to ROTS, the prequels just didnt do it for me in this area.

2. Real world sets, less green screen environments.

3. We had Hell represented in ROTS; perhaps we could have Purgatory or Heaven, represented in Planet form. Not asking for "Olympia" mind you, just something to finish the motif.

4. Luke / or Ben Skywalker on a Holy Grail quest of some sort.

5. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a white lightsaber again. Haha. I always loved the old ancient diffused look of the saber the first time Luke lights up his father's hand me down.

6. Maybe a stretch, but a Sun environment. Like a space station, on the sun. haha

7. A scene of Luke training 12 new Jedi students.

8. Female Jedi Force user a main character

9. Real Jedi Force Powers.

10. Jedi, kicking ass and saving reg. citizens. Caring for the populace, being true protectors of galaxy.

EDIT:
    11. Slow things down a bit. It was hard to see everything happening in the PT. Let the scenes breathe a bit.

20. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Two settings I think would be very interesting: Tropical beach area (and see Echo7's comments on battle in water) and Mountainous regions (could use something along the lines of DarkGingerJedi's idea with mountains as a setting for "heaven" though not--as pointed out--Olympia)

Vehicles I would like to see: Millennium Falcon and a couple more iconic ships like Slave I and the MF. The New Republic updated versions of AT-ATs.

Planets I would like to see: (See settings for new areas). Let's land on Dantooine; more of Coruscant (I feel like it needs to be used in some capacity); if it fits well into the story, more Dagobah.

Bounty hunters/criminals/smugglers/free lancers.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    At some end to it all, if there is one, R2-D2 telling the story of The Saga to The Whills as per a GL quote in the Making Of ROTS book.

Krueger likes this.
  22. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Jedi Master Leia

LawJedi likes this.
  23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    A lot of people seem to assume that all Luke and Leia's children will be Force sensitive.

If Force sensitive children can be born from ordinary parents and since pre-Clone Wars Jedi didn't feel compelled to have children, it follows that Force users children will not always be Force sensitive themselves.

So at least one Solo/Skywalker will not have Jedi powers.

I'd like to see that character have to grab a lightsabre to duel with a powerful villain, like a Dark Jedi.

24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm not following your logic there. Because Jedi did not or rarely had kids, therefore not all Jedi offspring carry Force powers?

I don't see that there's movie data to suggest Force-squibs. But it could make an interesting ST plot point.

25. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I mean if ordinary people can conceive a Force sensitive child it follows that a Jedi can conceive a child with no Force abilities.

No, it isn't mentioned in the movies or TCW, but I think it is a logic possibility.

I only mentioned the pre-TCW Jedi as a way of backing up the idea.