Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by shocktrooper, Jun 10, 2002.
Alls I'm expecting is the duel.
Anything else = anything goes
I'm with Wascally. I just want to see the Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader epic duel!!! Everything else will be a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
- The origin of Gonk
- Jake Lloyd's execution
- The birth of Jar Jar's twins
- Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi in his Tatooine home, sitting in a fold out lounge chair in a flannel and white tennis shoes, cracking open a Miller High Life. I'd prefer this to be the final shot of Episode III.
The one thing that will make me happy: The Imperial March, and loads of it.
I'd also like an explaination of the Obi-Wan/Ben transition.
The only PT cameo I'd like to see is Chewbacca. Obi-Wan seemed to already know him in ANH.
I'll just repeat all of the stuff that people already said that I would like to see as well:
* Construction of Death Star
* Imperial March (Always a plus)
* Death to Jar-Jar
* Obi-Wan vs. Anakin before he is almost fully mechanical
* Death to Padme
* Baby Twins
* A little more Owen and Beru?
I'll probably think of more and post that later.
I need to see Padme die.
I need to see Plo Koon in action and die in an acceptable or honorable way.
-Padme die a horrid death
-Anakin and Obi-Wan fight for like a long time in a brutal fight that leaves me in tears of joy
-a new Sith, HOPEFULLY that cool Sith Witch
That about does it.
First of all, I am already extremely pleased and one of Star Wars' biggest fans. I would, however, like for the last SW movie to be the greatest of them all by tying up most, if not all of the "loose ends." Here is a list I've compiled about what I wish would happen in AOTC.
1. A startling revelation that rivals the moment when Vader reveals to Luke that he is his father.
2. The Jedi Purge. How does it happen?
3. The death of Padme'. I'm not really looking forward to when Padme' dies, but I definitely want to know how it happens, and I would like it to happen on screen. As important of a character she is, she deserves a dramatic ending.
4. I want Boba Fett to come back in Ep.III, and I want him to play some part in Mace Windu's death. It would be awesome if he either played an important role in Padme's assassination or involvement in the Jedi Purge.
5. I want Count Dooku to play a massive role in Anakin's turning to the Dark Side. Like perhaps, if Anakin DID have a father, and Dooku was that man. I know this is very farfetch'd, but let me tell you something right now. Dooku is going to play a very large role in the Star Wars saga, otherwise Lucas would not have kept him alive past Ep.II. Here's another reason why I think Dooku could be Anakin's father. There is a big hint in AOTC that some of you may have missed. During the fight between Dooku, Anakin, and Obi-Wan on Geonosis is when this secret is revealed. Remember when an outraged Anakin attacks Dooku? Dooku ends up slicing off one of his hands, which sends Anakin flying back to Obi-Wan. Didn't you see the look on Dooku's face? It looked like he was devastated because he did that, and totally regreted doing it.
6. When we heard Qui-Gon's voice scream out "Anakin, Anakin NOOOOOO!", that was Lucas's special way of telling us to not forget about Qui-Gon, that he played a bigger part then we thought he did. I really wish Qui-Gon would appear in spirit form and reveal that he put in the order of the clones, because he did what he thought was best for the Republic and the Jedi. In other words, I want him to have portrayed Sifo-Dyas.
7. I want this whole "who is Sifo-Dyas" mess straightened up!
8. A grand battle between Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers, hence the name "Clone Wars."
9. Of course, an all-out fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader.
10. The birth of the Empire and Palpatine's declaration as Emperor.
I just simply cannot wait until this movie hits the theaters! Most of all, I just want George Lucas to tell us his story of a galaxy far, far away. Afterall, he hasn't gone wrong yet, why would he start now!
Leonardo DiCaprio as a young Tarkin.
yuck! I can't believe I thought of that.
I'd like Boba to ice Mace. I don't care if he's 13 or 14 or whatever. Boba kills Mace!?!? Yeah, but that's why it's called a fanboy fantasy
I need to see Plo Koon in action and die in an acceptable or honorable way.
I'll laugh my arse off if he galantly charges at Vader only to slip on a banana peel, fly out the window, land in a huge pile of poodu, and has his corpse ran over by a clown on a little bike.
I would like more great dialogue about the force, and the power it wields.
The dialogue between yoda and luke in ESB was great. Yoda explaining the force and all.
"luminous beings we are, not this crude matter." " The force is everywhere...between the land and the ship..."
That was great talk. In the last two movies we haven't hear much of "the force this, or the force that, or even "May the force be with you." Only once or twice... GL needs to get back to the great dialogue of the force...
Aurra Sing vs A'Sharad Hett, then
Anakin vs Aurra, she dies, Hett happy
Hett vs Skywalker, Hett dies, Annie happy
Shmi not happy. Hett now Shmi's boy!
I would like to see Alderaan, I would also like to see even more of Coruscant.
More Bultar Swan
uh Tons of Vader (with Prowse in the gear)
I want the theme of the movie to be a mixture of Duel of The Fates, The Ep. 2 love theme, and the imperial march all in very suttle yet powerful ways that rise into the ROTJ Luke/Vader fight theme. I want the film to be very dark and very serious and when people ask me what my favorite Star Wars film is, instead of blurting out Empire Strikes Back like I do now, I would actually have to sit and think about my answer.
I've always felt that GL should make the movie that he wants to make but at the same time it should try to tie together the numerous dangling plot and dialogue threads that exist in the PT and OT so that the saga as a whole is united and makes sense. Otherwise, these boards will be cluttered up for years with questions that can only be answered with speculation, and the oh-so-popular basher/gusher wars.
All I want to see is Anakin Completly turn to the Darkside, and Boba Kill mace
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet so here goes...
1) More screentime for Jimmy Smits.
3) Cameo: preferably Tarkin
4) The focus should be on Anakin in this one instead of this Anakin and then Obi-Wan and back and forth stuff
5) A great, dialogue filled duel topping ROTJ and at least getting in the ballpark of ESB
6) A space battle, but get it over with and get to Anakin's transformation
7) Boba should kill Mace
8) Anakin should know about Luke but not about Leia
9) Closure for Padme, not necessarily death but closure
10) Anakin/Sidious/Dooku duel ala ROTJ
11) More personal, less grandiose as Lucas puts it
12) (forgive me) More attention payed to Natalie as she seems to need more direction I think.
13) Let Hayden be "un-whiney" this time around but still consistant with Episode 3
That is all I can think of right now. Oh and don't rush things George... the minor stuff like Yoda's exile can be held off for the "in between years" while you should concentrate on Anakin's fall to the darkside while remembering to give Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine their just due as well... at least hint at what is going to happen to these characters.
Wait. . . are these what you need to be complete or just simple wishlists?
I want Episode III to have a better screenplay and better acting. Well, the better acting would probably result from the better screenplay, especially in the cases of Hayden and Natalie (Ewan did great with what he had, imo). Also, the following things, if George could get around to it...
1. Padme to be REALLY REALLY SAD!
No, she shouldn't be incessantly crying. However, the scenes where say, she lives Luke should be extremely moving and sad.
2. A Obi-Wan/ Anakin duel that's not intercut!
It should be dramatic and intimate. There shouldn't be any fight after that one, either. And, Obi-Wan and Anakin shouldn't fight right before it, also.
3. Lucas taking advantage of all of the seriously great material that he has to work with, and making a great movie.
Well, let's see here. He has Anakin turning to the dark side, the fate of Padme, the great duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan, the downfall of the Republic, the killing of Dooku, and so much more. If he plays his cards right, he could have a great movie.
4. The twins, during the course of the movie, DO NOT TALK! I don't want more Jake Lloyd's running around screaming "Yipee!" (even though the twins would be a lot younger than Jake, if not remaining infants throughout)
Baby's will be extraordinarily silent during the course of the movie. Hopefully, those in the theater will follow.
5. I think someone already said this, but for the ending, Obi-Wan taking Luke to the Lars' and then strolling off towards a binary sunset.
Someone suggested this one some other board, and the mere vision is just so powerful, but so subtle. It would be a fantastic ending.
6. Look at #3
7. Sidous....REVEALED! (with Jules Asner)
There should definitely be more Sidious and less Palpatine in this movie, or at least Palpatine, with everyone knowing that he is Darth Sidious.
8. Imperial March
Well, this is going to be in there, anyways.
9. TIE fighters
Not excessively, but there should be some showing of the origin of the TIE fighter. After all, they had the Death Star model in AOTC.
The Jedi Council being invaded and all the Jedi bust out with lightsabers and fight to the death, well most of them. An up close fight focusing on them, not like in AOTC where its a far away shot and you really only see a few up close jedi fights. More screen time for Kit, maybe Yaddle if she's still alive.
1) A'Sharad Hett, Ki Adi Mundi's pupil, the son of a great Jedi Master and raised by... Sand People. When Anakin iced the Tusken Raiders, I just knew he wasn't in the Episode I Insiders Guide for nothing. There will be bad feeling, A'Sharad also has attachments, plenty of potential... Perhaps even a new Sith lord in the making?
2) Obi Wan Vs a fully mobile Darth Vader who should exhibit the force abilities of Yoda and Dooku and be as amazing with a lightsaber as Yoda is. Not Anakin Vs Obi Wan. That would suck, Vader becoming a Sith after he has been rendered immobile.
3) Anakin should defeat Sidious' pupil, be it Dooku or Hett (I'd prefer Dooku to be plotting against Sidious in Episode III for power, it would add an extra dimension to the plot) to mirror the choice made by Luke in RotJ, enhancing the power of his decision not to fight.
4) Padme must live but be slowly dying of a broken heart. I don't think her death would serve any purpose in the prequel trilogy as her fate is beautifully summed up by Leia in RotJ. "She was very beautiful... But sad."
5) Obi Wan does not give Luke to Owen and Beru... Anakin does. He hopes for Luke to one day become a great man and wishes to hide him from the Emporer.
6) A more in depth look at the Clone Wars
7) Find out why Qui Gon did not disappear and what his ultimate role in the saga truly is.
That's about all I can think of for now.
"Wait. . . are these what you need to be complete or just simple wishlists?"
I guess mine was a wishlist to some extent.
I just need the movie to be complete, really, that is all I want... the movie as it should take care of itself.
Many people have mentioned they would like to see how Padme died, but there is a possibility she might not die on screen. After all, Leia did mention that she had some memories of her real mother ("she was very beautiful, but... sad"), so assuming Luke and Leia are still infants at the end of Episode III, Padme can't die yet.
Anyway, here's my wish list
10) The belly of a Star Destroyer in the opening scene right after the crawl fades away...
9) Tie fighters
8) Initial stages of the Death Star's construction
7) Jedi vs. stormtroopers
6) The final Jedi Purge, and especially how Vader "helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" and how Obi-Wan and Yoda survived the Purge
5) Sidious = Palpatine revealed!! (It'd be a bonus to see him user Force lightning or better still, a lightsaber, to kill maybe Mace or Plo Koon or Ki-Adi or whoever.
4) How Obi-Wan and Yoda managed to hide Luke and Leia from Vader and Palpatine.
3) Anakin's complete transformation to the Dark Side and how he replaces Dooku as the next Sith apprentice.
And the two most important ones.... (which would hardly provide even a fraction of the entertainment of what is written above, but which is absolutely necessary to make the saga complete)
2) Satisfactory explanation on why some Jedi disappear and some don't!!!
1) C3PO and R2D2's memories being erased!!!!!!
The last item, especially, is CRUCIAL because otherwise the OT will fall apart. (okay, one might argue that even if R2 knew everything about Anakin/Vader in the OT, he would still keep his mouth shut and not tell Luke, but you sure can't say the same about 3PO).
Anyway, such a scene will not take too much time, and I do hope Lucas does not forget to include it... E.g: Obi-Wan, when placing the baby Leia (and the droids) in the care of Bail Organa, says something like, "The droids know too much... it would be very dangerous for Leia if Vader or the Emperor got their hands on them", and Bail replies ,"You're right. I will have their memories erased as soon as I get back to Alderaan".
I suddenly have a crazy thought... maybe someone should summarize all the ideas suggested in this thread and send it off to Lucasfilm... just in case Lucas forgets one tiny but important detail which would ruin the whole SW saga... remember, Episode III is unlike ALL the others in that it HAS to link the PT and OT together... hence it cannot overlook any details... Not that I don't believe in Lucas but, already we have seen several slight (but still explainable) inconsistencies in Episodes I and II... but Episode III has to be perfect, at least as far as linking the PT to the OT goes...
What next? A duck?