main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does it feel like walking next to a Sith/Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Tipoca, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipoca

Tipoca Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2014
    Since the force is strong with the Jedi and the Sith are powerful beings, does any sort of energy/feeling emanate from their presence/body?

Just a random question that popped into my head.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, there are certainly Force powers that are capable of creating such; aura of uneasiness, and so on. But even without such intentional or discrete applications of the Force, we still see in Legends, certainly, a great number of Sith causing feelings of uneasiness, fear, despair, power even pain and so on. Darth Nihilus slowly killed all in his presence merely by being there, and his voice was painful to the point of perniciousness.

I'd generally say that an energy or feeling of power, and then whichever emotions are aligned with their own and the side they serve (e.g. serenity, or fear), would permeate those around them. All beings, including the non-Forceful, have *winces* midichlorians, after all.

3. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I imagine it feels nice and warm :)

DarthIshyZ and Celidore like this.
  4. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    I think you get cold inside when near someone immersed in the dark side such as darth vader

5. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015

Yes, when you're near a Jedi.
    Instead, I think it's the total opposite when you're next to a Sith... [face_plain] [face_hypnotized][face_nail_biting]

6. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

Glad I'm a lady of the darkside then :)

Celidore likes this.
  7. Celidore

May 2, 2015

Ok, so I'm glad to be a Light Side lady instead :p

Darth Aphrodite likes this.
  8. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

I might be a dirty minded Sith mistress but it's always a pleasure to meet a Jedi :) kind of like East meets west, yin and yang

Celidore likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH described being near Vader well:

Two meters tall. Bipedal. Flowing black robes trailing from the figure and a face forever masked by a functional if bizarre black metal breath screen –a Dark Lord of the Sith was an awesome, threatening shape as it strode through the corridors of the rebel ship.
    Fear followed the footsteps of all the Dark Lords. The cloud of evil which clung tight about this particular one was intense enough to cause hardened Imperial troops to back away, menacing enough to set them muttering nervously among themselves.

Sarge and Celidore like this.
  10. Celidore

May 2, 2015

Well, Light side and Dark side are two coexist and complementary parts of the Force after all ;)

Anyway, even if it's always astonishing to see a Sith I prefer, for my nature, to be a kind and calm Jedi :)

Darth Aphrodite likes this.
  11. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

true very much like lust and love :vader:

Darth_Furio and Celidore like this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Until Palpatine's machinations made it so that Sith could reveal themselves, I'd say walking next to a Sith made you feel... nothing. They had to keep themselves under cover after all.

Dandelo likes this.
  13. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    The unlimited power.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  14. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Like a boss

15. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    absolutely nothing.

Evidence:

- Han Solo was a non believer in the force "simple tricks and nonsense" notice he didn't say "where did you dig up that old fossil with the peculiar aura of power and energy surrounding him?"

- Watto only knew Qui-Gon was a Jedi because he was "waving his hand around like that!" not because of any energy/power from him.

-
    Anakin: you're a Jedi knight aren't you?

Qui-Gon: what makes you say that?

Anakin: you have such an energy coming from you that can only be only be described as wizard...literally. I saw your laser sword. Only a Jedi carries that kind of weapon.

The ONLY other evidence to the contrary is Taun We's greeting of Obi-Wan, where she greets him as "Master Jedi". Since it's been years since the last Jedi came I don't know how she came to that conclusion, he could have been a door to door salesman selling umbrellas for all she knew. Unless he had to explain who he was and be granted permission before landing.

Anyway I am sure there are plenty of other examples, but none has ever said something like "yeah you must be a Jedi...the aura explains it"

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Non-sensitives might not be able to detect the aura unless a lot of power is being used.

In the RoTS novel, Anakin senses Dooku:

In the Force, he could feel the focus of Palpatine's eyes: the source of the fear that rolled off him in billows like vapor down a block of frozen air. And he could feel the even colder wave of power, colder than the frost on a mynock's mouth, that slid into the room behind him like an ice dagger into his back.
    Funny, he thought. After Ventress, somehow I always expect the dark side to be hot...
    Something unlocked in his chest. The thunder in his ears dissolved into red smoke that coiled at the base of his spine. His lightsaber found his hand, and his lips peeled off his teeth in a smile that a krayt dragon would have recognized.
    That trouble he was having with talking went away.
    "This," he murmured to Palpatine, and to himself, "is not a problem."
    The voice that spoke from the entrance balcony was an elegant basso with undernotes of oily resonance like a kriin-oak cavernhorn.
    Count Dooku's voice.
    "General Kenobi. Anakin Skywalker. Gentlemen—a term I use in its loosest possible sense—you are my prisoners."
    Now Anakin didn't have any troubles at all

and Dooku looks "with the eyes of the dark side" on Anakin & Obi-Wan & Palpatine:

He drew power into his innermost being until the Force itself existed only to serve his will.
    Now the scene below subtly altered, though to the physical eye there was no change. Powered by the dark side, Dooku's perception took the measure of those below him with exhilarating precision.
    Kenobi was luminous, a transparent being, a window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force.
    Skywalker was a storm cloud, flickering with dangerous lightning, building the rotation that threatens a tornado.
    And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.
    A black hole of the Force.
    And he played his helpless-hostage role perfectly.

17. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    Well last Christmas I noticed two men dressed up as a Sith and a Jedi. They were at Barns and Nobel promoting the next movie. Children were around them. I think after they got off work, they had a few beers and kicked back and watched a Star Trek movie. True, the guy as the Sith was going to take a few days to get out of make-up. Black show polish does not come off that well. And being in black face, he may have had a few looks when we went to his real job the next day.

18. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

And then you kill each other... [face_plain]

19. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

Oh I'm more a lover then a fighter....better to corrupt then kill :)

Darth Formidious likes this.
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I imagine that if you're a normal person, you feel nothing. However, if you're a force sensitive walking next to another Jedi, you feel a sort of familiarity and warmth. However, if you're a force sensitive and walk near a Sith who has not been using the force to hide their presence, then you feel a sense of uncomfortableness and coldness.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

In that case, I'll introduce you to my single friend: Darth Sidious. [face_laugh]

But I must say, nice philosophy! :)

22. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    Ha ha ha thanks for the offer but I'm happily married......though I'm sure someone like Sidious won't stay single for long :)

Thanks I've always been a bit of a bookworm so I'm good at the occasional philosophical outburst lol :)

Darth Formidious likes this.
  23. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Good answer. And for me it's better to redeem then kill ;)

Sarge likes this.
  24. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

You should drop me a line sometime and pit our corruption/redeem powers against each other lol :)

Celidore and Darth Formidious like this.
  25. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

Hehe let's hope now! :p

Oh I see! That sounds very good. Any particular philosophies that catch your eye? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.