main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does it mean to feel pain in a dream?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by DARTHPIGFEET, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Well last night had to be the most bizarre dream I've ever had, because it was really the first time I've ever felt pain before. I was dreaming about me back at my high school, and I was in the old courtyard painting or something and somebody that I didn't know, but myself in the dream did know came up and started painting also. The next thing I knew this person was painting on my chest with red letter something, but before he finished his paint brush became a sword and he stabbed me. It was then that I felt the pain of being stabbed, and this person twisted and turned it for like 30 seconds, before releasing it. Well I put my hand over the wound and I was still feeling pain, and I assumed their would be blood, but when I looked down there was none, but there was a 4 inch opening in my stomach.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out with that, but I don't even want to go to sleep tonight, because when I woke up this morning I was holding the area of my wound in bed and I thought it really happened, but when I went to the bathroom the wound was gone.

Does anyone know what the hell happened?

2. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Damn...that's ****ed up.

But it's cool because I've been reading a lot about dreams recently - specifically lucid dreaming (wicked cool stuff), but I've read about general stuff to.

I'm not sure what it means, but I know how utterly real dreams can be (even more so if you can become lucid, it can awesome), and how real some things feel. I've never felt pain like that in a dream, but I can imagine it would be pretty horrible.

3. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    You had the One Ring on again didn't ya?

4. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    I had the what on again?

This was REALLY painful and it scared the **** out of me this morning.

5. Obi-Wan69

Mar 22, 1999
    LOTR fan boy.

LOL

6. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Well it sounded as if he was at Weathertop. Anyway, I had a dream once in which someone put a gun to my head and blew the back of my head out. I fell back really slow as a result. It felt like that empty feeling you get when you just get a tooth pulled.

7. Temperamental

Temperamental Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2001
    Yeah, I feel pain in my dreams too. It's wierd, and I dunno what causes it..

But the sex dreams are nice... :p

8. Obi-Wan69

Mar 22, 1999
    YES

They are. Amazingly realistic at times.

Which is just one of the reasons everyone should read about lucid dreaming.

9. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I've been shot at in a dream. It hurt like hell.

10. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    Maybe you had a mild heart attack?

11. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I to feel pain in my dreams.

In one dream I drempt that I fell off a building and hit the gounrd. It was a pain like I had never experianced before, I even felt the breeze as I fell.

It was spectacular, until I hit the gorund.

12. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    DPF, I'd interpret that dream to mean that while you're creating something, someone you know and possibly trust will hurt or deceive you. Since they didn't stab you in the back but instead stabbed you in the chest, it's someone you know.

But I'm not a certified dream reader so take it how you will.

13. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Well, at least Pain will tell you that you ain't dead. [face_tryingtohelp] :D

14. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Here's a screencap from Pigfeet's dream.
    [image=http://www.lordoftherings.net/media/desktops/weathertop_800.jpg]

15. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    It was a pain like I had never experianced before, I even felt the breeze as I fell... It was spectacular, until I hit the gorund.

I've had the same dream, with the realistic sensations as well. It's amazing how your brain creates a believable representation of something your body has never experienced.

And, I have to agree with Temperamental... the sex dreams more than make up for the painful ones. ;)

16. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    I agree. The dreams of Bithy more than make up for the dreams of Pigfeet.

17. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
  18. DESERTJEDI

DESERTJEDI Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I felt pain in a dream once. Then I moved the rock.

19. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    Any takers on this subject? Well I didn't have any pain last night, but that dream is really getting to me. I don't know if it means something bad is about to happen, or like someone said that someone I know will stab me right in front of me and not behind my back. I just don't know.

20. Endermunkee

Endermunkee Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Sorry PIGFEET-- but I've never felt pain in a dream, although I have some that would, if I had been able to feel the pain, would have resulted in . . . *ouch*

Have any of you ever had the falling dreams? It's hard to describe, but if you've had them, then you'd know what I'm talking about.

21. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    I have those all the time. It happens so much that it's not a big deal anymore, but feeling pain is another matter. The falling feeling is really weird, but I tell the worst is when you don't fall, but your hanging from a high place or your sliding off something and you know if you don't do something then you will fall. That is more scary then the falling.

22. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I've had one falling dream that's really got me thinking over the years:

I'm standing on top of a building and I'm an adult. I look down and see nothing. I spread my arms and freefall. I seem to see the entire world around me, everything that's happening in every corner of the Earth. Then, I reach golden-paved roads and my feet touch the ground. There is white light, and I wake up, but my eyes are still closed.

Any idea on what that could mean?

23. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I dreamed I caught the Snitch in a game of Quidditch.

[face_devil]

24. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Hmmm...I'm with LMM on this one -- I got shot in the head, too. Mine was on the side of my noggin, though. I'm gonna presume that's better than his stinky, tired 'ol blowing-out-the-back-of-yer-head bit :p

Anyway. The weirdest dream is the dream-within-a-dream. Had that one time only. Been trying to have another one ever since.

25. Princess HAL9000

Princess HAL9000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 1999
    I know all about bad dreams. Just last night I dreamt I was married to Robbie Williams.

EDIT: typo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.