main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does it mean to feel pain in a dream?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by DARTHPIGFEET, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I've felt pain many, many times in my dreams. I was shot once and I've fallen hundreds of times. I don't know what it all means, though.

2. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Okay I went out and bought a dream book today. Here is what it says about pain in dreams.

Pain: "To dream that you are in pain, will make sure of your own unhappiness. This dream fortells useless regrets over some trivial transaction."

"To see others in pain, warns you that you are making mistakes in your life."

FALLING: " To dream that you sustain a fall, and are much frightened, denotes that you will undergo some great struggle, but will eventually rise to honor and wealth;but if you are injured in the fall, you will encounter hardships and loss of friends."

Hope this helps some of you who have commented on falling and also feeling pain. I know it helps me some. If anyone else has some images or dreams which I can look up for you in my book just ask on the thread or PM and I'll be glad to tell you.

3. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    But I wasn't afraid...I need help with this.

4. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I've felt pain in dreams before.

Actually, I think I had a dream once where I saw myself killed. That one wasn't a good one.

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I once dreamed I was an Egyptian Pharaoh, and one of my high priests (one of my best friends in real life, then and now) betrayed me and used his magic to wrap my body around a giant pole with spikes sticking out of it... but I felt no pain, and I didn't die.

6. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Seeing yourself killed in a dream is interesting I think, I've had it happen several times. Of course, I think beng killed in a dream is interesting, along with the abilitys to taste, smell, sense and feel things in reams is ver amazing.

Most dreams seem to be borught on by whats hapeneing in your life.

Has anybody ever had a dream in which something happened, and than it also happened in real life a few days later?
    Ive had several of those, and those are the only dreams that Majorly freek me out.

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Ahem, excuse me, VCE Psychology Student coming through.

Quickstrike, i can explain your freaky dreams.

You have experienced an advanced form of deja vu.

This is where stimulus you are experiencing at any given moment, is residing in your Sensory Memory. But to become aware of the stimulus, you must pay Attention to it, bringing it into your Short term Memory.

Sometimes, this process fails, and the information transfer is not completed properly, hence your brain goes through the same cycle again.

Unfortunately the first stimulus that didn't quite work lingers, and evokes the feeling of something having happened before, or having a memory of it happening before.
    Or even having dreamt this thing happening before.

So in summation, you actually didn't dream the event days before it actually happened. It is a partial memory from say a picosecond before the event, that is being remembered as a memory of a dream many days before.

Your Brain can play powerful tricks on you people, beware!!

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I remember a few years ago having falling dreams, it was the strangest thing. Then I'd wake up with a start, my body half jumping off my bed. Its been said that your soul is returning to your body when you jump when you wake up. You see when you got to sleep your soul travels to a different place to learn. Though that is just my opinion.. :p

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.