main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does it mean when...

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by YodasLightSaber23, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Where exactly in the movie does it say in big bold letters

" HOORAY HOORAY BOBA FETT IS DEAD?"

Sorry. I will no longer post on this topic for the mere fact of opinion.

Has anyone here even read a Book Voluntarily?

Probrably not. Sounds like most of you are staring at the idiot Box.

Thank for thoughts, and NOT considering options. THINK OUT OF THE BOX!

TOAD

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I've read nearly every Star Wars book printed. I've enjoyed some but not all but that's how many series are. I know the difference between EU and cannon, I don't try and use what the EU says as cannon. I read the EU for enjoyment and that's it. But reading those books helps you understand a few things.

3. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I really don't see what the big problem is here. Granted I haven't been here the longest, but in the time I've spent on these boards, the EU debates just never go away, seemingly perpetuated by time itself. There's no logical reason not to read EU based solely on purist principles. If you want to read a good sci-fi book, why not? On the other hand, when one group tries to infringe on the other, bullets fly and bodies drop. You can't convince a purist that something is this way or that with an EU answer and you can't convince an EU person that the purist way is the only way to go... Can't there be two happy sides here? Only if they leave each other alone and enjoy the stories themselves. Whether or not you consider the EU canon is completely up to your own discretion.

4. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    All I am saying is consider the option. I myself before I read the book said, Yep he's sarlacc droppings, but after I read this I am like he is the energizer bunny he just doesn't give up.

I don't want people to think he's alive or dead. it doesn't matter to me, All i said that in the book he surives. it was a piece of knowlege I gained from the book. thats it. I just feel that YLS23, & CG4522 are trying to make me belive that Boba Fett's dead, and thats all there is to it. I fell YLS23, & CG4522 are pushing their points to the extreme and I don't like it.

I wish "WE" wouldnjust drop it, and let each of us have our own opinions.

5. sithslayer99

sithslayer99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I'm with you darth toad BOBA FETT LIVES. and I agree with TremontiFan23 everbody has their own starwars universe. These boards should be fun.

6. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Thanx Sith Slayer.

See, I agree everyone has there own right to opinion. It does not need to forced to side with any. Just leave my opinions alone, comment if you will ( I always enjoy feedback) but don't like to be forced to be believe anything.

And Marold, I hope I did nto hurt your feelings with the book thing. I was very very upset at the time. And per say, I am not a huge fan of television. I think people have better things to do with there time.

Thats my opinion. IT IS NOT RIGHT OR WRONG OK?

7. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    WoW..I did not mean at all to start this. I was not saying that EU is bad at all. I actually look very forward to reading many of them at work, and I like the purist stuff as well. I was not at all trying to say that Toad was wrong when he said Fett lived, I was only stating that he fell into that "thing" and it just wasn't as dramatic as his "fathers" death. I never even thought of that until I saw this movie and I don't really care this much about it. Had I known it would have started a battle between purists and EU I never would have said anything. I am sorry if I offended you Toad I never meant to do that in any way.

He died in the MOVIE, and his father died in the MOVIE, and it just doesnt seem that boba, in the MOVIE, died as dramatic as his father, nor did it seem to fit his fate due to his strong hate for the Jedi, and again, I am only saying, IN THE MOVIE. I really am sorry for anyone that I offended and was not trying to put down the EU in any way. I luf star wars and just thought that his death in the MOVIE was a little unjust. Well, I am repeating myself now so I will just shut it for a few.

8. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    YLS23

Buddy, You are majorly forgiven. I have no negative feelings twoards u, and am glad to hear it wasn't an attack on my opinion. I get very upset when I feel my opinion is shot down like a bat out of hell.

Truce? I fell we were both mislead by words. Which is easy to do when you are not hearing them spoken.

I would be more than happy to have any type of conversation with you at anytime.

Thanx, I really appreciateyour honesty.

TOAD

9. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Toad,
    Truce indeed. I look forward to conversations because I have many questions, and I am more than sure you would be able to answer them. I only wish I knew as much as you, and everyone else on this forum..heh. Marold is da bomb too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.