main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA What does Lucas spend his money on?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    George has got to be spending mad amounts of money on something. With all the money he makes from the multitude of companies he owns (I'm sure he owns a company that just makes doughnuts for all the other companies he owns), all the movies he's worked on, the masses of movie related product for sale (From F/X Sabers, to Jar-jar toothbrushes), the insane liscensing fees he charges, plus the extra cash he makes sueing people for copyright infringement. What does he need all this money for?

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    What does he need all this money for?

Need? Who said anything about needing? I personally don't care though. If I don't want to fund his empire anymore, I know what to do. Stop buying anything with the name Star Wars on it. He does invest in new technologies though (digital projection and all that) and I'm sure he donates quite a large chunk of change to charities. Just to give you an example of all the companies he owns, I'll list the ones I know of: LucasFilm, Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, LucasArts, Lucas Learning, and Lucas Books. So if you really didn't want him to make anymore money off you, you'd have to not buy another LucasArts game ever or see any movie that Skywalker Sound or ILM had any involvment in.

But like I said, I really don't care. He could be using his money as toilet paper for all we know (why not, he's got enough :p).

3. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, you know, 1/2 of his cash went to his wife, who divorced him. Without her, I really don't think we would have even had any prequel trilogy. Lucas has some alimony he's got to pony up. Forever.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh, I don't mind supporting it, that's not my problem, I'm just wondering where it all goes.
    nd don't forget his liscensing company, that's a separate entity. I wonder if there's a Lucas employee credit union?

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, you know, 1/2 of his cash went to his wife, who divorced him. Without her, I really don't think we would have even had any prequel trilogy. Lucas has some alimony he's got to pony up. Forever.

I don't think he has to pay her forever. From the George Lucas Biography, I get the impression that the kids live with him. He had to pay her half of what he had at the time, but I don't think he has to pay her anymore money.

And yes James, that's one of the companies I missed, Lucas Licensing.

An interesting fact, Skywalker Ranch is located in Lucas Valley, but it's not named for George Lucas. It actually had that name before he moved there.

6. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Big, brown, furry Wookie Slippers! :D

(artificial fur, of course)

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    He uses it to "restore and fix" aka change movies that don't really need changing ::cough::GreedoShootsFirst::cough::. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.