main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does Star Wars mean to you?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by miked81_98, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miked81_98

miked81_98 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    I am doing a research project on Star Wars fans and I would like to know what it means to you. What have you done in the name of Star Wars (E.g. dressing up, going to premieres etc).
    And have you ever been singled out in you community for your love to Star Wars?

Thanks for the help...

Michael Lang

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Aye Mike, and welcome to the boards. :)

First of all, there are a few threads that begin to dive into this aspect, albeit from a different perspective.

The threads below should be helpful- take a look at them and pull out anything that could help you in your project. ;)

1000 Reasons you're a Star Wars Addict- this thread is should help in how it clearly shows how Star Wars is popular among the members here and can be used to cite a basis of what Star Wars "means" to people.

When/how did you become a Star Wars addict?- it could be viewed as a bit irrelavent, but it's purpose is congruent with the above link and shows a more "personal" depth of such reasons, of which could be useful in such a report.

What is your favorite part of being a Star Wars fan?- this thread delves into how being a Star Wars fan is rewardable and enjoyable. Additionally, subjects within the thread can be used in your project by noting the effects Star Wars actually has on fans.

Keep in mind these are just suggestions of threads where you could pull ideas and information from- you don't necessarily need to feel obligated to visit them. ;) :p

Personally, what Star Wars means to me is summed up quickly and easily in a George Lucas quote:

"I've always loved adventure films. After I finished AMERICAIN GRAFFITI, I came to realize that since the demise of the western, there hasn't been much in the mythology fantasy genre available to the film audience. So, instead of making, "isn't-it-terrible-what's-happening-to-mankind" movies, which is how I began, I decided to try and fill that gap. I'd make a film so rooted in the imagination that the grimness of everyday life would not follow the audience into the theater. In other words, for two hours, they could forget.
    I'm trying to reconstruct a genre that's been lost and bring it to a new dimension so that the elements of space, fantasy, adventure, suspense, and fun all work and feed off each other. So, in a way Star Wars is a movie for the kid in all of us."

-George Lucas

That quote in itself shows how Star Wars is both unique and interesting in its own light.

Star Wars is, plain and simple, Star Wars. It is its own catagory. ;) :cool:

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    What does Star Wars mean to you?

Star - Space

Wars - Fighting

Its that simple. ;) :) :p

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I began to love Star Wars because my family got me into it, and I just thought the movies were a lot of fun, and I loved playing with the toys.

Nowadays I love Star Wars because it is still great with movies and books, but it also means more to me now. It reminds me of my childhood, when life was easier.

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Star Wars means everything to me. I usually quote SW liners from movies and usually EU novels. I also do projects on Star Wars, my new one being building a lightsaber (not an actual one, although that would be awesome!). Just stuff like that. A Star Wars fan is usually serious about their subject. Not some chick that claims they like SW because of Hayden Christensen. They don't know much about the story at all. No offense to those who do.

Elliott Sadler is 10th in points! Big turnaround from the previous seasons! Go 38! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.