main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does Star Wars mean?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by theforceproject, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theforceproject

theforceproject Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Jesse Harasta and I?m a researcher in the area of anthropology from the State University of New York at Geneseo. I?m currently involved in a long-term project to explore the creation of modern myth systems. I?ve always been a big fan of Star Wars and believe that it has a deep resonance with modern people. So, I?ve decided to explore how the Star Wars phenomenon helps people understand and express feelings about good and evil, the definition of a hero, the purpose of living, etc.
    This is where I need your help. Anthropology is a field based not on poll data or distant observation but instead through discussion with the people involved. I would appreciate if those of you who have been touched in some ways by Star Wars could write to me with your thoughts. In particular, I?m interested in why you like Star Wars, what it means to you, any personal stories that you relate to Star Wars, how Star Wars has influenced your personal belief systems. You might want to also touch upon why you believe that the Star Wars Films, out of the thousands upon thousands of movies that exist today, have had such a tremendous impact upon society.
    Also, if you can please answer two other questions: 1) what country you live in (or grew up in if that is more appropriate), 2) whether you were 18 years old before the first Trilogy was released, if you became 18 while the first trilogy was being released or if you (like myself) became 18 after the Return of the Jedi came out.
    You can respond either on this post or to a special email I have set up for the purpose: theforceproject@yahoo.com if you desire privacy. I am recording no data about people?s email addresses or names (in fact, I prefer not to know them) and all of my data and reporting will be completely anonymous.
    Please feel free to include anything you consider relevant, if you consider it important, then I consider it important. I appreciate your help.
    Jesse Harasta

Amos edit: Adverspammer

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The Senate isn't the right place for this (if there is one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.