main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA What does your screen name mean?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Callisto_DAerisian, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I've seen the Firefly series, but am I missing the connection? What has Harlock to do with Firefly?

I don't know anime very well, except I watched Voltron when I was a kid, and I like Princess Mononoke.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hmmm. Funny how Harlock is a pirate. ;)

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OMG I didn't even put Harlock and Captain Harlock together... awsome choice for a name, cause now I know the meaning behind it!=D=

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    In Arcadia of My Youth, a young Captain Harlock fought on the losing side of a war and wages his own battles against the occupying alien forces. His ship symbolizes freedom. In the 70's Harlock was a space pirate that alone fought against alien invaders, yet was still hunted down by the very people he was trying to protect. One of the substories in the series (some versions) is his close bond with the ship which has the soul of his best friend integrated into the personality of it(almost like Objects in Space).

In the Galaxy Express series, he often made guest appearences as a wandering pirate who fought for is own ideals and codes. His crew is generally a bunch of people who would not normally be together. He has a genious pilate who is always playing with models, like Wash who plays with toy dinosaurs in the pilot of Firefly. Unlike Firefly, members of the crew would never turn on him though, that's more like something out of Blake's Seven.

Yet, even though he was a "space" pirate many of the episodes of Harlock took place on worlds that resembled the Old West. There was even a snime Western that featured Harlock called Gun Frontier.

5. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hi!!!!!!!!!
    Well my nick is not related with Star Wars
    It's actually japaneses and it means Storm :cool: .
    I'm a very into Japaneses culture, music
    & anime.
    Arashi is also my FAVORITE Japaneses group [face_blush] @};-
    I've been fan of them for more of . .. humm
    more than 6 years.They are very talent, they not only
    sing, they also actors in movies, dramas, stage, & they dance,
    produce their music... Did I mentioned they are so HOT [face_love]
    They are my guilty pleasure [face_blush]

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well Mirtha, we know who you're going to dress up as when X3 comes out in May. ;) At least you didn't name yourself "Dooku", which is Japanese for "poison". [face_skull]

7. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the explanation Robert.

8. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    My name? Ohhhh, no idea really. Just came to me while I was out washing my black robe...out of the blue, like a bolt of lightning really...

;)

So "Jedi Head", does that make me a "Sith Head"?

Considering how Sid ends up looking in EPIII on, he's got to be having a "Bad Head Day" for sure. He needs to be on one of those "Complete Makeover" shows or something. Well at least by VI the crack in his forehead has closed up, so maybe he did get a little work, little nip here, big tuck there...Bondo does wonders to fill in the rough spots.

9. TheNohgri

TheNohgri Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    One of the races enslaved by the empire, from the Timothy Zahn novels. Death Commandos rock!

10. The_awesome_jedi

The_awesome_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Exactly what it says. I wish I had come up with something a bit more distinctive *picks up tune* But I guess that's why they call it the bluuuuuuues! Oh, yeah, my favorite word is awesome, and I like jedi. There you have it!!!

11. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    well here's how I came up with the scren name (and website!) Jazmachine. I am a jazz fan and musician and it came time to find a screen name on aol. I didn't want to put my name and at the time I wasn't into star wars(this was over 8 years ago, before Ep I). I just decided to put jazz and cut one z and add machine to it since it was gonna be used on a machine, or computer (jazcomputer didn't sound very good) and thats how jazmachine came to be and now I use the name everywhere!

12. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Well mine is easy. Ive been a sith lord since the beginning, since I was a kid and black is my last name. Hence, SithLordBlack

13. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    black is ur last name??? omg! r u like, related to sirius black??? what's gonna happen to harry now?

14. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Have you read the latest Harry Potter?! It's gotten hella darker, and the last book is gonna be insane!

15. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    yes i have the book and it is waiting in line after i finish "children of the jedi." something bad happened though... i was reading entertainment weekly and kept reading the harry potter story past the spoilers warning, thinking it was for the new movie (which book i have already read) and came across the new book spoilers instead. :_|

suffice it to say, i screamed "doh!" louder than homer ever did. :oops:

16. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    I am related to all things evil. I am SITH.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    So you know that Voldermort is Harry's Father?! ;)

Umm Charles. Sirius Black was a good wizard and he was framed for aiding in the murder of Harry's parents. :p

18. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    These are fun! :D

Let's see... Mine came about back in 99. I'd not been involved with online chatting or boards at that point, but was full on involved in my prequel obsession . In reading a SW newsletter I found out about an online chat with Iain McCaig (who was and is my hero) on TalkCity. A week or so before the "event" I logged in to see what it was all about. So, needing a screen name... I came up with Adyn-Mei. I wanted something ObiWan sounding LOL, and was reading a book with the city "Adyndrill" in it (I didn't know Adyn was a real name haha) so I took thatand stole the -me off of Padme (adding the i so pronunciation was obvious LOL).

I got hooked on Talkcity in what was probably an unhealthy way haha. Made a ton of friends and just wasted waaaaaaaaaay too much time chatting. The chatroom eventaully died down about a year later and I took some time off. I came back online about a year before Ep.2 and discovered the StarWarsChicks forum on eZboard. And had the most fun and made some lifelong friends from that community, so Adyn-mei stuck.

About that same time, I joined the South Bay Fan Force, using Adyn-Mei. Was online as that for a while, then that club died out for a while. When I came back to the boards in '02 I couldn't remember my password & the email account I had used was through a service that no longer existed (JediMindTrick email) sooo with no way to retrieve or change my password, I just shortened it to Adyn and viola. Here I am hahaa. I use both Adyn & Adyn-mei on a few other boards. It suits me & I'm so used to it since many of my freinds call me Adyn instead of Heather LOL, I answer to both.

Long, possibly boring story. But, it is what it is & I don't have the greatest gift for making a long story short [face_blush] [face_laugh]

19. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Er...my name came because I manage our donor database at work, and a "Kai" donated on one day and a "Vandekar" donated on the other, and I mentally stuck the two together and said, "Gee, that'd be a neat Star Wars-y character name." And then I used it for Knights of the Old Republic for lack of a better inspiration. And then I started posting on the boards and had no catchy handle and felt stupid delaying my registration due to lack of imagination, and finally thought, "Oh heck, just use that."

So I did.

Deep, eh?

- Kai

20. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Mine is pretty simple...it's my real name :)

And hi everyone! *waves* I hope you're all looking after Adyn for me :D

21. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    my username is nothing really. it was actually meant to be a sock. couldnt think of anything so i put ben kenobi and skywalkers name together. had i known that the EU would name Luke's son Ben, i wouldnt have chosen it.

22. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Always eager to talk about myself...Cirrocco is actually a misspelling of the name Cirocco Jones, Captain of the DSV Ringmaster from the series of books by John Varley, "Demon," "Titan," and "Wizard." I took the nickname a long, long time ago, while marvelling at my survival under the conditions of my youth, seeing a parallel between my survival and the survival of the heroine in the book.

The name means either the hot, fierce wind in the desert, or a car built by the Deutsch.

Incidentally, I can't recommend the book. It kinda sucks.

23. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My two main screen names:

Sacul1138 is simple Sacul=Lucas spelled backwards. 1138...well I think we all know that one.

Deadpool is the name of a Marvel comic book character, I've been a comic book geek most of my life and while I love characters like Spider-man, Daredevil, X-men, Bat Man, etc. I've always identified more with the "grey area" villians/heros. Heros who are heros despite themselves and villians who are not just "I wanna rule the world" types. Deadpool just fit for me, so much so that I think if someone was to write a comic book character based on my persona this is probably pretty close to the end result. (mind you I'm not a merc for hire, I've never killed anyone, and everyone can thank god I avoid spandex).

The good news is they are considering bringing Deadpool to the big screen, though I have my doubts it will and that it will be good if they do at least they are looking at Ryan "Van Wilder" Reynolds to play him. Personally I think they should make a cartoon series for Adult Swim or Spike TV instead...but I'm babbling now.

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    There are runors that Ryan Reynolds may play The Flash, too.

25. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    jawajames got his name when he was in hong kong in 1995 as an exchange student... when the new figures started coming out, Hong Kong happened to get a lot of them first, and they were easy to find. so i went onto the newsgroups (r.a.s.s.) and found people who wanted to buy them all over the world, so i set up a website called "Jawa Jim's of Tatooine, Ltd." -- as a trader, a jawa was an appropriate nickname. i picked Jim because it fit better than James for that possessive form. and i started going by Jawa James. which i then used pretty much everywhere i did Star Wars stuff... and now i use it everywhere online period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.