main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What don't you want to see in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    so am I

2. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Prophecy had nothing to do with killing all the Sith but killng Sidious that brought the force out of balance. Can never get
    rid of dark or light side users as the force will create them no matter what.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    dark side users are against the will of The Force, so why would The Force create them?

4. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Force users will be born no matter what. People will fall to the dark and follow the sith way

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Vastor said that that The Force recruits dark side users, which has its own set of implications.

Anyway, my original point is that non-fans have to be accounted for when making the movies.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Because its Episode 7. Not Episode 1 of Saga 2.
    Under the 6 part Saga maybe. 9 part saga? Doubt it.

7. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Think he meant Force users in general, Prophecy didn't end people making choices to chose light or dark.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

All Star Trek movies take place with the same people, yet they face a new adversary in each movie. Star Wars needs to take a new direction with E7.

Odolwa likes this.
  9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Star Wars is a saga, with a beginning, middle, and end, and thematic through-lines that connect each episode. Star Trek is an ongoing series, much like James Bond, where there is little or no overarching plot tying things together. Trust me, you don't want Episode 7 to fall into the latter category. It would only accentuate the fact that the ST is a continuation of a story that wasn't originally meant to be continued.

That being said, I can't think of a reason why the prophesy would be mentioned, unless there were sith, or other story-related circumstances came up where the topic would be relevant.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want a movie that's for the fans at the expense of non-fans. For example, I want 3PO and R2 and I don't want a villain who only matters because she/he is a "Sith".

Paparazzo likes this.
  11. Vastor

Nov 1, 2012
    Well guess what, lightsaber fights are and always will be the highlights of the movies.And star wars is not star wars without jedi and sith.
    And i know for a fact most fans want to see the Sith again, why do you think clonewars S5 was so awesome and popular with fans? they brought in Maul and Sidious bigtime.
    Fighting Mandalorians and pirats and villans like Griveous gets old fast.Saying you dont want the Sith back is like sayimg you want a new trilogy without Jedi, not gonna happen.

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't want a protagonist who only matters because they are a Jedi or have force powers.

How absurd does that sound?

As absurd as saying the Sith aren't an important part of the Saga.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree with that statement, actually. How is that absurd at all?

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

If they keep bringing back Sith, the Force will never be in balance, making ROTJ a waste.

Paparazzo and darklordoftech like this.
  15. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Well then episode 7, 8 and 9 are a waste if you want to get technical

16. Vastor

Nov 1, 2012
    So many of you dont understand what it means with balance, you can have a 1000 Sith lord, point is Darth Sidious and Darth Plageuis brought the
    force out of balance, when Vader killed Sidious the force was balanced. you will always have dark side users or Sith around, cant kill of the dark side anymore you can the light side.
    George Lucas have talked about these things. Can also read about this is Darth Plageuis book the most canon EU book ever written were GL himself gave pointers to how it should be.
    Remember Yoda said, the dark side clouds everything, he is not talking about the dark side itself doing this but the powerful Sith doing it to the dark side brining it out of balance.

17. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

Only if they revolved around the Sith again. This can focus on a familiar element, the Jedi, but facing a new threat. There's still a tie-in to the previous films.

18. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    But ROTJ had a perfect ending either way having another film would supposedly ruin the ending regardless of sith or anyone else. besides if it is sith coming back (which seems very likely) then I'm sure they tread this very carefully.

19. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm quoting from memory here but this should be fairly spot on...

"...and that brings us to 4, 5, and 6 where Anakin is redeemed through his children and fulfills the prophecy by destroying the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe." - George Lucas, 2001.

Obviously at the time ROTJ was being considered the final movie of the saga, but this quote clearly indicates that the balance of the Force is dependent on the extermination of the Sith. I still think it would not only be easy but dramatically interesting to retcon the idea that the prophecy has been fulfilled at the end of ROTJ should (when) the Sith return.

One think I can say for sure is that I hope Lucas feels connected enough with this trilogy to do audio commentaries for them so that he can explain some of his new thought processes on matters like these.

Immortiss, Vastor and darklordoftech like this.
  20. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    If it is Sith (which is a given) I'm certain Lucas, Kasdan and Abram will come up with some reason whether the prophecy will come into play or not. I now have faith they won't cop it out for the sake of it.

21. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I think it is hilarious reading these comments. Are folks seriously suggesting we have some kind of baddie with no force powers? That's absurd. It would be a suck fest. The Jedi are pointless if they can't beat a non-force baddie while using their lightsabers. Heck, that's Star Wars at it's core.

There will be force wielding baddies in this movie. There will be lightsabers. There will be multiple jedi.

niel6658 likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Darth Plagueis

I gave it a chance, but 90% of the ideas posted about him are terrible.

Sith zombies
    Sith armies
    sting-pulling machiavellian villainy like Palpatine

No thanks.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  23. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    I got to admit, Plagueis does seem a rather overrated villain,

which is ironic because he was first introduced as an idiot who taught his apprentice everything and forgot to lock his bedroom door...

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    In the context of the saga he is about as important as Zam Wessel.

25. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    wooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.