Discussion What don't you want to see in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by nld3, Nov 30, 2013.

1. TheWatcher Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I would like to see a few things:
    1) The original cast, though not necesarily in a starring role. Perhaps supporting the new generation's trilogy. But leaving the main story to the new characters that are going to be introduced. I would like to see where Han and Leia are. How Luke reformed the Jedi Order. How the Empire fell and what came to substitute it (EU doesn't count so New Republic and Galactic Alliance aren't among what I am expecting but they could take hints from there but who knows.) and who is the Galaxy's current leader. Among secondary characters Id like to see is Ackbar, for the heck of it.
    2) New non-Sith villains. I would like other Force Users. Maybe Nightsisters or something like that. Just to mix it up a little. Mandalorians. Something like that.
    3) The fantastic score of John Williams
    4) I am expecting deaths of OT characters as well.
    5) More practical effects.
    6) No wooden acting.
    7) No Jar Jar.
    8) Less fan service (or comercial aspects like Jar Jar)
    9) No lense flare.
    10) I wouldnt like to see Luke dueling like the PT stuff, I dont want to see a CGI Mark Hamill hopping around.
    11) More mysticism about the Force less Midichlorian bs.
    12) More playful character interaction, less exposition fanfare.
    Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  2. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't want to see plot holes and I don't want the script to fill in plot holes that are unnecessary.
  3. Immortiss Chosen One

star 4
    The ST should tie the whole thing up, if this is the last trilogy in the saga.
  4. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I don't want to see the Force at all. Not even a little bit. ;)
  5. Darth Raiden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah I mean who has time for hokey and ancient religions... Those darned sorcerers
  6. Immortiss Chosen One

star 4
    No wizards or sorcerers. Star Wars has never been about those things.
  7. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Well, I just think we never see the Force in any of the other movies so why should we now, you know what I mean? :p
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    But you're a wizard Harry!
    Darth Raiden and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. TheWatcher Jedi Knight

star 1

A primitive culture with access to the force could be considered a wizard or witch in said primitive culture.
    And SW is aboyt that they are just called Jedi.

What did Owen call Ben?

That wizard is a crazy old man.

Hmmmm...
    Last edited by TheWatcher, Jan 1, 2014
  10. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    No romantic plot tumors please :(
    And also, bad handling of female characters = no.
  11. Immortiss Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah, I know I was joking around with folks who want to see reality and not fantasy. Also, I want to see Dith, Kith and Fith, but please, no Sith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Darth Raiden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Actually i wouldn't mind this... I want more dialogue like "I wish I can just wish my feeling away, but I can't"
  13. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin's lines with Padme never cease to make me giggle, so okay.
    TheWatcher likes this.
  14. Darth Raiden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You know something I don't mind that scene... Its hammy, its corny, but damn it thats what I love about it.. Well that and Padme's dress[face_love]. If spewing corny lines can make me have a girl like that, hell I never want to wish my feelings away!!!... I feel for Anakin though, being friendzoned again [face_sigh]
    Last edited by Darth Raiden, Jan 1, 2014
  15. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    He should be grateful that Padme wants to be his friend, considering he's a little brat :p
    Padme had the patience put up with his teenage angst (alas it ended in tragedy). I get the impression that Anakin hid his personal turmoil from other Jedi, and that's why he was so easily swayed by Palpatine. Finally, someone else to trust!

I would hope that the sequel trilogy doesn't introduce a major villain, only to have them be killed quickly. The prequels had a different Sidious sidekick (Maul, Dooku, Grievous) for each movie and I'd like some consistency. If there has to be a lot of those big bad characters to sell toys, introduce them early and wait to dispose of them.
    Last edited by kecen, Jan 1, 2014
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    No pop culture references plz.
    Darth Raiden likes this.
  17. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    I don't want to see anyone send a text message saying "may tha 4ce b wit u lol".
    Darth Raiden likes this.
  18. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    The religion was hokey, it was the weapons that were ancient.[face_beatup]
    Darth Raiden likes this.
  19. Scotty Solo Jedi Padawan

It's all good with these. Cynthia Cidre is NOT involved! - She's done all these points (minus the first) on the new Dallas !
  20. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    "u2 lol"
    Mystery Roach likes this.
  21. Darth Raiden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For a more civilized world... I forgot :oops:
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    [IMG]
    darklordoftech likes this.
  23. darklordoftech Chosen One

star 6
    I don't want to see a villain who "just wants to watch the world burn". I'm sick of those characters and I'm sick of Ledger's Joker.
  24. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I still like Ledger's Joker, but his place is in The Dark Knight... not in SW. So I agree with that much. And @Circular Logic : I'm not repeating my "some men just want to watch the galaxy burn" joke again here. :p
  25. niel6658 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't want to see a totally new kind of antagonist - like the Yuuszan Vong, bounty hunters or any other EU menace. I hope that SW returns to its OT origins, like it is doing with SW Rebels.

Disney bought Lucasfilm to make new Star Wars movies with Jedi vs. Sith, light sabres ratling and some kind of stormtroopers as evil minions. If they wanted to make something totally new, they could have saved a lot of money and simply made a remake of Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers!
    Last edited by niel6658, Jan 2, 2014
    Immortiss likes this.