main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "What Dreams May Come" - The amateur psyche thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    We actually had a similar thread ages ago, but Gooba won't lend me his shovel...:p
    So I'll just start another one.

Time for some amateur dream analysation guys, with the TOS in mind though...
    so any dreams with Paris Hilton in it, might have to be censored.

Anyhoo...

I had a fairly lucid dream last night that I was working in a garage, as an apprentice mech. Nothing exciting really, just lube jobs and wheel allignments. I was pretty busy though. Now as far as dreams go, this one's not the type to make you wake up in a cold sweat. I just thought it was odd is all.

I'm pretty handy with a spanner, but I've no real intentions on making a career change to the automotive industry. The best explanation I can come up with is that the work I was doing in this particular dream, is a parallel of things I've got going in my life right now. Perhaps an affirmation of my desire to perservere with the plans I've set for the future.

What do you guys think???
    Feel free to go Freudian on me...:-B
    Also, has anyone had any recurring dreams or nightmares,
    that y'all care to share???

2. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh yes. I remember the previous thread you made about dreams. What a mess that turned out to be. Nothing to do with me, of course. [face_mischief]

3. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    All water under the bridge mate...[face_peace]
    Now you'd have some inte-ma-resting dreams I'd reckon.;)

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Nope. I can tell you exactly what it means. You're good with helping other people get where they are going (emotionally, as indicated by the cars in your dreams) and you're pretty handy making sure you're own life is running along tickety-boo.

5. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Again, You're very kind K...
    So, anything been recurring during your REM???
    You're not being attacked by giant Tissue boxes or anything?
    :D

6. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    AAAAHHHH, oh the horror! Save me from it's monsterous 3-ply softness!
    ~swallowed by giant kleenex~

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    no not, really. I was having a lot of trouble with nightmares last year, big scary monsters in my room and stuff, but when I worked out it was my mortgage they went away.

True story.

8. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    wow, morgage monsters o_O;; intriguing

9. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Ahh, the dreaded mortgage monster...
    I'm actually fixing to get me one of those as a pet.
    It does mean I'll have to live in Caboolture though...
    and I dunno just how I feel about possibly living in the same town,
    that produced Keith Urban!(Sorry to any Urbanites out there):p

10. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    well good luck with if you do but be careful - they are voracious.

11. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    It's all cool Kahls, I've been given a list of how to care for them...
    No water, no bright lights, and no matter how much they beg, no food after midnight...o_O

12. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Last night I dreamed I was at a theatre*, and while i was there I got a text from my sister saying that something terrible happened to our dogs**, a large dog and a small dog***. So I raced home, and I found out that my mother had left the door open that separate the two dogs, and that the larger dog had eaten the smaller dog, and I was very upset. An actor from the theatre later came and was angry that I had left during the performance.

* I never go to the theatre

**I dont have any pet dogs

***The dogs looked exactly like ones that live about 50m away

13. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Ooh, I'm thinking it might have something to do with the pressures you might be facing at work or Uni Marv. Perhaps you have some lingering guilt that you may be not spending enough time with family. The 'actor' that's angry with you might be a manifestation of your responsiblities, and how you're torn between them. It might be that you're grappling with your priorities and trying to decide what comes first...
    That, or you really hate little dogs.[face_clown]

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It obviously means you need to start voting greens.

OR it means you have stuff you want to or should be doing, but instead your sitting back and not taking action (the theatre) while at the same time you're getting worked up about and involved in stuff that is none of your damn business (the dogs). The actor is a part of your psyche that is P.O.ed with you for being lazy and procrastinating. Oh, and you sister... well I guess you fancy your sister.

(I couldn't help myself no offence)

15. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
  16. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    That is a very interesting analysis guys, because I am lazy as hell when it comes to things like study, and I have been trying to write the 2nd draft to my novel and i am equally lazy at that...maybe the actor is the manifestation of the creative side of me that wants me to write the next draft?

As for the dog eating the other dog...that quite literally is how I feel about the world, as being intensely competitive...I'm applying for graduare jobs at the moment and there will be literally thousands of grads applying for somewhere between 15 to 80 grad jobs in various gov depts [face_skull] The funny thing being, I actually want to be a writer more than anything

To CJ's for your mechanic dream...maybe havin g that dream satisfied some part of your subconcious curiosity that wondered what it is like to have that job? Dreams have a funny way of making you realise fundamental truths that you are closed-minded about in the waking world

And kahli: [face_skull]

17. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I think you should go for your dream. **** it. **** the world. Who cares what is the rational thing to do. That's what I figured out. Now I am pursuing my dream by entering the world of graphic design and starting study. And to me, it seems like the most natural thing in the world. I love it. I won't be caught in some **** job for my whole life. **** that. **** the world, go for your dreams. You could be dead tomorrow.

18. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Went and bought a Anime boxed set yesterday which I haven't watched due to the fact that I doubled up of Vol 2 in the set and therefore have no Vol 3. Rang the store and told them and they said not to open it and they would do a straight swap over. Thing is last night I dreamed that I had ripped it open and was then argueing with the store clerk that they should still swap them over but he wouldn't cause I had ripped off the plastic wrap.

Thing is I'm taking that boxed set in today for the swap. I'm wondering if that was some kind of warning my subconcious was giving me about it? And if not then what the...?

19. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Don't worry, it's just anxiety ;)

20. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    you secretly thwart yourself and end up not getting what you want. But at least you know it's your own fault.

21. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Why do I worry when you say that? [face_worried] :p

22. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    cos it's true

23. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    You will die a horrible, horrible death

24. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Anime related death? That's rough.

25. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    G's dream analysis: ultimate nightmare is having a collectible out of it's plastic. straightforward :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.