main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What elements from expanded universe literature appear in the movies now?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by qoataza, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    one movies/EU thing i just recently learned that is kinda interesting is the shada d'akul (i think that's how you spell it...) was in the mos eisley cantina when the gang is there... you only see her for a second but it's cool now that i see the movie and i know she was there and i know who she is in the scene

~Nike Skylark~

2. qoataza

qoataza Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    This thread is teaching me a lot.

Sturm Antilles
    Hey hi there. I totally appreciate all of the info. Again, it's a huge help.
    The next chapter of the SHADOW OF THE FORCE Trilogy sounds kewl! By the way, one of the coolest things about the first chapter was that durin? the duel, both saber blades were blue.

-What exactly is a ?retro-active EU addition? and how was Quinlan created AFTER TPM if he was in the movie?

-But in the ?droids? toon, was Boonta a PLANET?

-If Bodgen is a swamp moon of Naboo, then did Naboo first appear in the ?droids? toon?

-Oh? about Rishi. It now appears on an official sw map featured in the UK?s fact files. It?s near Tatooine, Geonosis, and Kamino. You can go look at it here:
    Hey hi there

-But where is Quinlan?s apprentice mentioned?

-Why was this Jedi, Quinlan, on Tatooine when Qui, Obi and the gang were there?

-About Luminara? is she in AOTC and is that her at the sidebar? Bariss is her padawan?

Hey yeah, the federation ship DOES look like ?shadow academy?. That was one of the best non-adult sw books. Kewl!

-When were the FIRST Han Solo trilogy and Lando Adventures released?

And about that spoiler in this thread. There?s nothing to see in the blank space by highlighting, correct? Please excuse me? I?m kinda new at this.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    -What exactly is a ?retro-active EU addition? and how was Quinlan created AFTER TPM if he was in the movie?

First, he was just a guy in Mos Espa. But then the writers of the Ongoing comics decided to expand on him, give him a name and tell his stories. So while his genesis was in the movie, he wasn't really "crafted" until afterwards. Lots of EU characters are later incorporated into the movies this way. Rogue Squadron pilot Tycho Celchu pilots an A-wing flying ahead of the Millennium Falcon during the superstructure chase in the Death Star II, and Lieutenant Page of the Katarn Commandos is seen sitting above Han and Leia in the Calamari Star Cruiser briefing room.

-But in the ?droids? toon, was Boonta a PLANET?

Yes. Presumably, the holiday celebrates the original speeder races of the planet Boonta.

-If Bodgen is a swamp moon of Naboo, then did Naboo first appear in the ?droids? toon?

No. It was just known as a "swamp moon" that Artoo and Threepio visit, and that it orbited a larger planet. Dialogue in Attack of the Clones indicates that it is either one of Naboo's direct moons, or is another moon within the system. I think it's the latter, since Naboo's primary 2 moons have been named, IIRC.

-But where is Quinlan?s apprentice mentioned?

Aayla Secura is from the Ongoing comics ( like Quinlan ), but she doesn't just get mentioned in AotC, but is seen in the final battle. That is, if Lucas decides to show her and not edit her out of the movie.

-Why was this Jedi, Quinlan, on Tatooine when Qui, Obi and the gang were there?

I don't think anyone knows just yet. If Aayla was missing at the time, he could have been searching for her.

-About Luminara? is she in AOTC and is that her at the sidebar? Bariss is her padawan?

Yes to both questions. She has a larger role in The Approaching Storm, which will be out in 4 days.

-When were the FIRST Han Solo trilogy and Lando Adventures released?

The Han Solo Adventures and The Lando Calrissian Adventures were released in 1979-1980 ( Solo ) and 1983 ( Lando. ) The later Han Solo Trilogy, by Ann Crispin, was released in 1997-1998.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Aayla Secura is from the Ongoing comics ( like Quinlan ), but she doesn't just get mentioned in AotC, but is seen in the final battle. That is, if Lucas decides to show her and not edit her out of the movie."

And if lfl decides to name her to be Aayla Secura. Right now they are only calling her twilek jedi like ayla.

Also of said twilek jedi turned out be another color than blue, then it couldn't be Aayla Secura.

But if said Twilek Jedi is blue, they probably will decide to directly say it was Aayla in the future(but they are avoiding that right now).

5. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    For all intents and purposes, it's Aayla until we see the movie. I'm just basing this on the title of the TOS article.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Is Vos the guy who walks past qui-gon on the right side of the screen for like 2 seconds just after Sebulba walks away from Jar Jar?

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "For all intents and purposes, it's Aayla until we see the movie. I'm just basing this on the title of the TOS article."

Yet the inside of the article disagrees with you.

"It's exciting to see a character from the comics be the inspiration of a flesh and blood movie character, now matter how small a part."

Not the same until they are willing to flat out say she is. she may or may not be, but that's up to LFL to decide to flat out say she is in the future.

It's similer to how downed tiefighter in day after the death star was the inspiration for qorl, but it doesn't mean that they are one and the same character.

8. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    But the title of the article mentions Aayla. A big thing that can't be ignored. I'm not stating she's Aayla for a fact. I'm saying "for all intents and purposes", so that we might as well expect it to be her unless Lucas changes his mind when we see the movie.

9. qoataza

May 11, 2000
    I appreciate it.

10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Which episode of Droids has Bodgen in it? What do they do there?

TC

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, it's now 100% confirmed to be aayla, in the casting page.

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    As so many Purists doubted. I actually offered any one of them to actually bet money on it, but I got no offers. It's no wonder...they held onto faulty theories. I did the same thing with Jango's armor...I knew it would be called Mandalorian in the adaptions etc. and they didn't believe me.

I love to win.

Talon -- Bogden ( correct spelling ) can be seen in the Droids video that Lucasfilm released in 1996, which contains I think 4 episodes grouped together as "The Pirate and the Prince". The pirate Kybo Ren hides on the planet. Artoo and Threepio infiltrate his base, IIRC.

I don't own it, but I rented it and copied it for myself. :D

13. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Talon -- Bogden ( correct spelling ) can be seen in the Droids video that Lucasfilm released in 1996, which contains I think 4 >episodes grouped together as "The Pirate and the Prince". The pirate Kybo Ren hides on the planet. Artoo and Threepio >infiltrate his base, IIRC.

LOL, thanks! That's the only Droids episodes I've ever seen and my sister has the video. Guess I should have noticed it. ;)

TC

14. qoataza

May 11, 2000
    Hey hi there!

15. qoataza

May 11, 2000
    Hey hi there! There's been a lot more info revealed recently. Anyone know if we have anymore now?

16. qoataza

May 11, 2000
    Has anyone ever made a comprehensive list? (of EU elements that are in the movies now)

This thread is a good start.

And keep at it everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.