main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What elements from the Clone Wars will appear in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Wilahelm, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Darth_Wilahelm

Darth_Wilahelm Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2009
    One of the things I have been wandering is what elements, plots, and characters from the Clone Wars might show up in Rebels. The Clone Wars was canceled with no real warning to its crew so there was no chance to wrap up its story lines. Since the crew of Rebels has so many Clone Wars veterans I find it hard to believe that they wont use the new series to bring closer to things from the old one. Here are some of my ideas

1)What happened to the local leaders who supported the Republic? We met many people who were helped by the Jedi and supported the Republic but after the change to the Empire how many would have rebelled. People like Lux Bonteri, Lee-Char, and Cham Syndulla don't strike meas the types to just role over and accept the Empire especially once they hear about what happened to the Jedi. Who is fighting back and who may have already been eliminated by the Empire. With Hera Syndulla, who I do believe is Cham's daughter, I think we will find out.

2)Who survived order 66 and where are they now? While the Jedi were devastated we do know that there were some survivors. I think it will only be a matter of time before we meet Jedi survivors that we first met in the Clone Wars. I would put money on seeing Katooni again. I could see her taking Hondo up on his offer to join his crew after the Order fell. Filoni would then rip our hearts out by using a flash back to lets us see how the others died.

So what other elements from the Clone Wars do you think will show up in Rebels.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Riyo Chuchi and Papanoidas, Lee-Char (and Ackbar naturally), Hondo Ohnaka, Mandalorian cadets, maybe Almec and Bo-Katan, Ahsoka and maybe some of those young jedi. I would love to see some separatists that would have survived. Mar Tuuk was left alive because they wanted to use him again.... they never did. Would be cool to see Mar Tuuk having rematch with Vader.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say we will see ashoka and Cad Bane and many more.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium, and hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium, and nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium, and iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium, europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium, and lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium and gold protactinium and indium and gallium, and iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium...

..and so on and so forth.

Well you did ask. :p

I wonder if we'll get the fate of the civilian CIS leadership, the parliament that Mina Bonteri was formerly a member of. The military-industrial council of leaders such as Gunray, Poggle et all were left in pieces by Vader on Mustafar. But we never saw what became of the civil parliament.

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I want to see Yularen because I want to know how he went from Republic hero to Death Star board member.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It doesn't actually require him to become a monster. Most of the DS crew were not evil scumbags simply by virtue of being DS crewmen. Many of them likely thought it was improbable the superlaser would ever actually be used on an inhabited civilian world.

We don't consider the crews of nuclear missile submarines to be evil monsters, yet it is their job to run war machines with the ability to annihilate cities and kill millions of men women and children in an instant, and to be ready to carry out that terrible duty should it ever come.

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU has Yularen as a senior figure in the ISB - which is basically the Empire's secret police - and consistently portrayed as a very nasty organization.

8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    In regards to the OP, wait nine months and you'll find out.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Now that we've had ourselves a pretty good look at how the characters will actually be rendered to look in Rebels, I wonder if any of our talented artists here would care to hash out some pictures of older versions of characters like Obi-Wan, Ventress, Rex (both in Stormtrooper and rebel gear), Boba Fett, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Leia, Garm Bel Iblis (I know these last two weren't in TCW, but still...), Yularen, Tarkin, Palpatine, Vader and *sighs* yes, even Tano, set to look as they might were they to appear in the new series?

Recall Engelhast's pictures from last year, which had a similar premise, but were rendered in TCW-like fashion.

I'd give it a go myself, but with a two year old running around, I haven't the time to give it the proper attention a good effort would require. But I think it could be fun to see how they might look (and I'm always up for encouraging creative folks to get it on).