main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What elements of the original EU would you want to see in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darkcide, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    It's well known that the sequel trilogy will not be based on any of the original Expanded Universe novels,comics,etc. But if any of the characters or situations from it could make their way into the new films,what would you like to see?

2. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Thrawn as a character, and the entirety of Shadow of the Empire.

There are many characters and concepts I'd like to see return as well, but they have to he reworked I think such as Mara Jade (her "character" is rumored to be in some form in Rebels Season 2), Kyle Katarn (Rouge One?), Revan, and more.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I have been split on this ever since the news EU was stopped (I do NOT consider it *dead*).

At first, I wanted Gilad to transfer over, then nothing at all because I dislike corpse mining and deliberate character distortion. Now, I will say I would like a character like Gilad, an Imperial with flaws but very clear and strong standards that is presented as a *whole* person rather than another character creatives and fans alike reduce to as thin as tissue paper status unjustly. Just because they are an adversary doesn't make it right to act like they aren't people. It's time for depth and layers to be sunk into rather than merely feebly scratched at in Star Wars.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.