main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY What else are we into?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimaster91, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster91

jedimaster91 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    This is a topic I've been debating posting for awhile now. In addition to Star Wars, what other fandoms do you count yourself a part of?

I'm a huge anime nerd. My favorite at the moment is Darker than Black, although Blue Exorcist is a very close second. My brother's gotten me into Magic the Gathering and I've been to a couple release events. I'm also a big fan of the first Dune trilogy. I'm slowly getting into gaming and right now my favorite game ever is Kingdom Hearts. 'Course, I'm a huge Disney fangirl too. :D

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Good topic.
    For me...Firefly/Serenity, Superheroes/comics and various Anime/Manga

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Lets see.....

Of course, the WARS are number one but:

Anything Joss (Firefly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Dollhouse
    Doctor Who (all 50 years)
    Trek (hey now, it was the only game in town for a long time)
    Farscape
    Stargate SGI for pure popcorn sci fi

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah I'm hoping Joss+Avengers=full of win

I should also add Battlestar Galactica...both series. The original filled that post Star Wars scifi craving on TV. And I was a big fan of the second series until they imploded in the last season.

And Babylon 5 although that's pretty much a dead fandom these days.

5. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    To all those add on Harry Potter and Supernatural.

6. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    STAR WARS RULES THE KNOWN GALAXY. Star Trek would be my next favorite. Followed by .... Battle Star Galactica and Star Gate. I'm a universe nerd. Even within my favorite studies..... my other hobby is studying the fathoms of our own universe. I always wanted to meet Carl Sagon... but alas... and the other one would be Stephen Hawkings.. another wish I'll never see come to pass. Michio Kaku is now my newest real life hero. [:D] I would have loved to gone into the space program. But my younger years unfortunately were filled with too much avarice and low self esteem. sigh.... didn't think I had the smarts. I now know better. [face_batting]

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    And oh! Thanks for asking... great topic! [face_dancing]

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Totally great topic! I LOVE all of US and our love for the WARS, but it is nice to see a diversity of interests-- and I think we can all be broadened by the inrests and talents of others. Case in point, 11 pointed me to Deathnote and Last Airbender and I can't thank her enough.

I can't believe I forgot BSG! I've done more commission work for BSG stuff than anything else. I love both the old and the new BSG, and I even am hosting BSG night at my house for two of my oldest buds (don't be offended I only have 3 chairs).

So, all the stuff I said PLUS BSG and B5. (Can't wait for the B5 Blurays).

And I share Zannah's love of REAL space. Kaku is THE MAN! HE, like Sagon, makes science mush more accessible to us non PhD types. Aside: how sad is it that the LAST space shuttle mission is upon us, and then we will have to pay the Ruskies to taxi us into space? NASA has been ridiculously underfunded for decades. Kaku is right when he says we were more advanced in 70s then we are now in terms of manned spaceflight.

I also read work stuff (psycology and law journals), post modern lit, shakespear, comic strips like Peanuts, and am starting to read superhero comics.

Oh, and I build model spaceships.
    And eat.

9. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    let's see, other then star wars:

anime, video games (been playing games since Pong!), still play some table top role-games, star-gate, and of course anything science related, especially physics. big fan of hawking, kuko, and green. love string theory, and outer space.

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    String theory RAWKS! I just know that the other me, or me's in the other spaces/places... are shooting all over the galaxy right now! Woo-Hoo!! [face_dancing] Up, Up, and AWAY!!! =D=

Seriously.... something I've noticed about Geeks. Especially those into the Wars and Trek fictions. They are 9 x outta 10, also highly interested in real space travel and how the universe works. Their minds are way bigger than their bods or the planet. I like that... very much. [face_batting]

11. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    Star Trek, anime, cars, music, cooking, and reading. I'll read pretty much anything from science to biography to, on occasion, trashy romance novels. Basically, whatever I can get my hands on, and the weirder the situation involved in it's acquisition, the more likely I am to finish it (IE, the trashy romance novels have a story behind them...)

Right now I'm getting back into music after an absence of about five years. I'm teaching myself blues guitar slowly, which has been dominating most of my free time.

12. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I, as well, am into reading but my reading (besides star wars of course) is more philosophical than anything else. I'm a big fan of Aristotle, Kierkegaard, and Locke. Im currently a WOW nerd but I have been attempting to teach myself an instrument... the Clarinet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.