main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA What else are you into?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by del, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    Other than Star Wars, what kind of things do you guys collect, read, watch, obsess over? I'm a big comic book fan. I also have action figures from various lines all over the place. My favorite toy lines are Mego and DC Direct. I've also gotten into customizing action figures and the occasional costume. I also play video games and read, mostly sci-fi/fantasy and horror.

2. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    I also have a random collection of action figures and costume on occasion. I am an avid reader of Star Wars Legacy comics as well as The Real Ghostbusters. As far as books I usually read biographys of random people I admire or self help guides but on occation pick up a Star Wars novel or something funny. Tradmic has turned me onto Battlestar Galactica so I have been trying to follow that weekly and I am really looking forward to the new Resident Evil for PS3. I usually play old school Nintendo games or write lyrics and music.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Babylon 5. I swear, if they had Lightsabers in B5 it would be the best show EVAR. But Minbari Fighting Pikes are a close second. I would sell my pancreas to get JMS as a writer on the Star Wars tv series.

I dont read as much as i used to. Started reading THE ROAD and put it down. I've been depressed enough. Need to finish it before the movie comes out.

Lord of the Rings. I still want Sting...hell I wanted one ever since they showed up that musical Rankin/Bass The Hobbit back in third grade.

I play paintball with my friend Steph every once in a while. Actually shes going this weekend and is guilt-tripping the hell out of me to go with her. I think its on the 14th but i'm not sure

And when I'm bored or just feeling destructive, I'll take my swords out back and go all Highlander on a pumpkin.

4. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007

I collect music, music videos and Sci-Fi TV series.

I have around 7000 CD's. Mostly Classic Rock/Hard Rock/Metal. About 3500 music videos and a ton of TV series. Including Babylon 5, Space 1999. Star Trek, Stargate, Bionic Woman and much more. This last week I just got Space Academy and M.A.N.T.I.S. I will probably get the entire Highlander TV series by the end of the month.

It's weird because nobody else in my family has the collecting bug. I think my mom had it because she liked to collect coins but she could never afford a good collection. The rest of my family just can?t see the beauty of having a complete set of anything. I could be in to collecting allot of things if money would allow. I would love to be able to collect die-cast cars & trucks. Die-cast spaceships would be on my list too.

Ron

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Collecting and obsessing . . . mostly just Star Wars.

But I enjoy Firefly, Dr. Who, rpging, history, writing emo drama fanfics, watching scifi/fantasy movies (if its got hawt guys in kilts with swords, then its a good movie imho).

6. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Blogging, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, editing my best friend's novel. I'm always involved in something to do with singing, too. I don't collect much in fandoms. I find it a frustrating hobby. I prefer costuming. But I do have a small collection of paperweights.

7. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Your collection is most impressive Greencat.

8. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Photography, lifting, biking, Steelers/Penguins, etc.

9. PrincessB

PrincessB Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2007
    horror movies/troma, BSG, Stargate atlantis, Marvel legends, electronics..

10. obanion

obanion Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Pens, and hockey in general. Dagorhir and SCA. Have a random collection of toys, comics, sports cards, etc. but haven't done anything with them in a while. Lately, I've become obsessed with shows on the History and Military channels like Future Weapons, Weaponology, the Warriors series, stuff like that. I also find Gangland on the History channel rather interesting too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.