main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What else did Luke learn from the "Chu'un'thor"?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ClonedEmperor, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I found it interesting that in "The Unseen Queen" Luke mentioned he learned of the "Room of a Thousand Fountains" from the training vessel he found on Dathomir. The ship has never been mnetioned in another book, yet here it is after all these years. I'm just wondering what other knowledge Luke couldve picked up, and if they plan on using the ship in later books...

2. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Uh I'm pretty sure I ran into at least a couple references to it...

3. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    Retcon-wise, it's been handy to have around for Luke to know about certain things introduced in the prequels (the Council, one-on-one Master/student pairings, etc.). That's probably not going to be an issue anymore, but it might also have information from the TOTJ/KOTOR periods, assuming a lot of it wasn't lost during the Jedi/Sith war circa 1000 BBY. Maybe he can dig up information on the history of the Mandalorians...?

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Why would Mandalorians interest either Luke, or the Jedi who stocked the Chu'unthor?

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Unimportant? Hardly. Considering their role in nearly every single major light/darkness war over the past four thousand years, there'd have to be something of substantial size in the ship's archives. Whether it leads to a greater understanding of the post-NJO Mandalorian tenets remains to be seen, although Fenn would have filled in many of those blanks.

Information from the TotJ/KotOR periods? Absolutely, depending upon how much or little was retained after the chaotic tumult of the Republic's reformation. Certainly sufficient to shape his conceptions of what we see exhibited in the old-skool (i.e., pre-Clone Wars) praxaeum training regimens

6. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I really don't see why Mandalorians would be that big a deal, other than noting that they fought with the Sith in the Great Sith War, and with the Jedi in the New Sith War (and we don't even know if that was for the entire war). Especially considering the dearth of knowledge and trainign that went into being an Old Order Jedi.

7. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    That's actually the information I refer to. I'd think that their partnership with the Sith at one point and their conflict with the Republic around Revan's lifetime would be noteworthy, and might provoke some research by historians of that time into such a culture. It might not be something to focus on, sure, but I'd see it as part of a wikipedia-or-encarta-esque encyclopedia onboard the ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.