main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What else is in that Holocron?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Seriously it holds a map to all the Jedi Temples, presumably it includes teachings from previous owners such as Kanan's former Master and maybe hers.

What else does it hold and will we see it stolen at some point as it seems to be rather important?

shorttrooper likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I can't imagine his holocron is important as it is not a great Holocron, and the entire Jedi temple was sacked and its holocrons and everything else now belong to Sidious(and he likely kept his own Sith holocron stash), unless it had some important information kept inside. he also just keeps it laying around, of course he may not be fully aware of what it contains but it seems to be just a convenient prop.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    it might have some map that may or may not point to two jedi survivors.

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    we'll probably learn how he got it and what's in it in Kanan: The Last Padawan

5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Yoda's award losing swamp stew.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So if Kenobi shiws up when do you think that will be.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    It would be cool if it led them to other survivors, perhaps someone like Shaak Ti, since she survived in the previous EU. I'm doubting that will happen though, considering that information could be used by the Empire, were it recovered. It may simply be Jocasta Nu's recipe for tuna noodle casserole.

8. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Or other Holocrons have been found and are being used by the Empire to track down the remaining Jedi forcing Kanan to steal them back and maybe destroy them to protect the surviving Jedi?

No more likely to protect the remaining Jedi Temples so they have somewhere to hide out that the Empire can't home in to thanks to that Holocron everyone but Vader overlooked since he would know what's held in there...[face_devil]

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Vader would know where they were though.

10. Rtwofan

Rtwofan Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2015
    A recipe for Bantha Tikka Masala?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe Yodas stew.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Recipes to some of finest cooking the GFFA has to offer??

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe yaddle's hair piece.

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    or.......the gun Lucas was saving for the day when the fanboy hate finally got to him:p

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They still need to tell how he came across this thing, and how it contained Kenobi's message - unless you can download stuff into this as you would a iphone or whatever.

17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I just hope that it doesn't turn into the answer for all their problems, basically a holy grail. I don't want that, I want to see the characters struggle some and figure things out. I am ok with star maps and Jedi Temples being in the database, but I don't want an entire database of knowledge for them. I would be ok with them coming into possession of a holocron that contains some knowledge and information or coming into possession of multiple holocrons to build a sort of library, but containing all the knowledge they need to learn the ways of the force seems a little much IMO.

18. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Oh maybe they'll use it like a flash drive when they steal the death star plans. But in the clone wars they stored them in the temple under guard so that means they are pretty important or what they contain is important. But it seems kind of dumb to make it a glorified WD harddrive lol

19. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Depends on who Kanan got it from. Could be Depa's stash or Mace's stash.

Okay I'll stop.

20. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

It's nether, it's clearly Nute Gunray's EPIC Galactic stash which was stolen by the Jedi on a very secret mission to Cato Neimodia for UNKNOWN purposes.

shorttrooper likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013

22. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    With the appearance of that Holocron in Kanan #1, plus the cryptic words of Depa about it, do we think that this Holocron will be key/important in the Kanan comics?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No it will be and I wonder how it gets the message.

24. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    So I do some thinking on the Holocron on my Tumblr:

(boldfaced portions are from Canon, italics portions are my speculations)

1. Holocrons are valuable. So valuable, in fact, that guarding a Holocron is one of the most important assignment for a Jedi

1a. Because Holocrons “contain the most closely guarded secrets of the Jedi Order.

2. So important are they, only Jedi Council members are granted access to the Holocron Vault.

2a. Depa must have been – and indeed was – a Council Member because she could ‘check out’ a Holocron.

3. Therefore, it was simply TOTALLY SHOCKING for her giving of a Holocron to a Padawan who had just started his Padawan tenure a few months before.

3a. Either she was a fool, or…

3b. She saw something REALLY SPECIAL in Caleb’s Essence.

4. She gave a hint on how the Holocron will be useful.

4a. The Holocron will help Caleb with his questions (how to be critical of the Jedi Order? of The Force?)

4b. And it will lead Caleb to an understanding of Peaceful Dissent (amicable schism? questions without hating/antipathy?)

5. A Holocron can only be opened using the Force. So far in canon, we have only seen 3 (three) persons opening a Holocron.

5a. Anakin Skywalker, who did it in a respectful way, possibly with great concentration?

5b. Ezra Bridger, who did it in an accidental a semi-accidental way, possibly under duress/great stress?

5c. Kanan Jarrus, who did it in an almost casual way.

5c-1. Once when he wants to listen again to Obi-Wan’s words. He ‘just wanted to hear’, and the Holocron opened.

5c-2. Another time when he wants to know (a question!) the location of the nearest Jedi Temple. He was whiling the time, waiting for Ezra to arrive, so he just kind of open that Holocron just in case it has a map of a Temple. You know, kind of like someone opening a newspaper to find maybe there’s a sale of meiloorun fruits nearby.

5c+. We can also assume this to be a sign of how freakishly in-tune Kanan was with the Force

5c+1. Which was why he referred to The Force in FatG as if The Force had become something TANGIBLE for him. After all the years.

6. Kanan is now The Keeper of The Holocron

6a. The Holocron will be a very important device for the Light Side to recover after being snuffed out quite shockingly.

6b. Especially since he did not just ‘find’ a Holocron, but was actually ‘being given’ a Holocron, like an “official entrustment of a very ancient and very valuable treasure”

6b-1. It was as if Depa knew that the time was almost up for the Jedi, and a drastic measure had to be taken to ensure that at least ONE Holocron survived, in the hands of a proper person particularly attuned to The Force.

7. Ahsoka should understand the importance of a Holocron, having been once assigned under Madame Jocasta. Kanan might not understand the importance of the Holocron, but she SHOULD understand.

7a. Therefore, it should be her self-assigned responsibility to ensure the safety the Holocron AND the safety of the Keeper of the Holocron, especially after she realized the situation (of Kanan and the Holocron).

Hopeless likes this.
  25. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I like that train of thought!